Author Topic: New Clam Jig Box  (Read 14146 times)

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Clam Jig Box
« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2009, 08:01 PM »
Wow, that thing holds a ton of jigs 
That might just be worth the price tag

That's what I thought Junky.... it's 3 times the price of the clam box.... but holds at LEAST 3 times the jigs. The only downfall is that it doesn't have compartments for the replacememnt plastics andd such that the clam has. On a side note... that one in the pic might be just a large instead of the extra large... I can't remember......LOL 

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #31 on: Nov 20, 2009, 09:08 PM »
just when I thought I was done buying ice gear for the season...

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #32 on: Nov 21, 2009, 06:50 PM »
Pulled the trigger today...and bought an XL it cost me $30, but i should enjoy trying to fill that thing...thanx for the info

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #33 on: Nov 22, 2009, 09:14 AM »
Here's the one I made.....$9.00, I bought a 6x11 plastic craft box at wally world, then I bought some 1/2" pipe insulation, this stuff is cheap and you get alot more than you need, so you can replace it later if you have too. The insulation already has a slit cut in it along one side, cut the pieces to length for the size that you want for your box, I cut 1" more out of the slit to give you more room to hang jigs, this box holds around 200 jigs. Nothing fancy, but will serve me well. Smitty
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Nov 22, 2009, 03:50 PM »
Here's the one I made.....$9.00, I bought a 6x11 plastic craft box at wally world, then I bought some 1/2" pipe insulation, this stuff is cheap and you get alot more than you need, so you can replace it later if you have too. The insulation already has a slit cut in it along one side, cut the pieces to length for the size that you want for your box, I cut 1" more out of the slit to give you more room to hang jigs, this box holds around 200 jigs. Nothing fancy, but will serve me well. Smitty
(Image removed from quote.)
     :thumbsup: :clap:   Nice.......Lou
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline FishinQT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to fish!!!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 22, 2009, 04:11 PM »
I just bought two Clam jig boxes for my dad for christmas and was going to pick up a rose creek ice jig box at the Syracuse Ice Show next month, but................aft er seeing the Flambeau blue ribbon box, I think I will be changing my mind! ;D

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Nov 22, 2009, 08:21 PM »
I just bought two Clam jig boxes for my dad for christmas and was going to pick up a rose creek ice jig box at the Syracuse Ice Show next month, but................aft er seeing the Flambeau blue ribbon box, I think I will be changing my mind! ;D

You will be sure to make you Dad a very happy man!!! Good choices on the boxes all around!!

Offline pheasant29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 24, 2009, 06:55 AM »
I have the blue ribbon XL as well.You cant beat the way these things are built.
BRING ON THE ICE!!

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Nov 24, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Thanks for the pics melbs.  I found the medium one on gander mountain's website for $15 with free shipping.  I'll give it a try and see how much of my arsenal will fit in it.

Maybe I'll buy a 2nd one if I like it to keep differey jig types.
man, i thought i got a good deal 3 years ago...$55 for 4 of the small ones....i need a compartmented one for all the plastics in starting to accumulate. (the one i have now has 10 compartments on one side and vff on the other)...it's starting to be a game trying to fill em'.....i'm over 800 jigs with room for probably about 100 more....pretty much, if it's made for gills, crappie, or perch...i'm carrying it in one of em.

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 29, 2009, 09:49 AM »
If the price of the bigger one is too much, get a couple of the smaller ones. Then you could sort the jigs out by presentation. Horizontal vs. Vertical. Or what ever way you want to have them sorted. Then you could also get one now and another one later.

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #40 on: Nov 07, 2010, 04:30 PM »
I just purchased a Flambeau Blue Ribbon Waterproof box for my ice jigs! Now I have more reason to buy jigs! They are on sale on the GM website and they have free shipping.

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 07, 2010, 05:45 PM »

What are those jigs in the yellow box?  ??? ;D
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline JigginRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Nov 07, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Ryderr those look like the good old A-Bomb jigs but I could be wrong. The blue ribbon box that I got a few years ago is different. It has the foam on one side and the flip open with adjustable compartments on the other side.

Also this pic is a few years old(look at the ice guide) and this box is allot more full now. lol

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #43 on: Nov 07, 2010, 08:04 PM »
Ryderr those look like the good old A-Bomb jigs but I could be wrong. The blue ribbon box that I got a few years ago is different. It has the foam on one side and the flip open with adjustable compartments on the other side.
Also this pic is a few years old(look at the ice guide) and this box is allot more full now. lol

Yeah, I saw that style Blue Ribbon box on the website too. I decided against the compartments for the time being. We'll see, excited to get it and throw all my jigs in it. Although there is SO much room in it that it's going to look real empty.

Offline gaspumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Nov 08, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Hey Ryderr they are home made most people call them A-bomb.Go to jigging section click on jig making scroll down to pics of hand tied ice fly ,and vid. of the A.Bomb

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #45 on: Nov 13, 2010, 10:04 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

What are those jigs in the yellow box?  ??? ;D
Just the same as the rest, homemade with a bend in the #8 gold hook.
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Nov 14, 2010, 06:37 PM »
I bought a couple of these sight unseen from Reeds sports. When i first got them i was a little disappointed at the size of the box (smaller then expected). But once i started loading them up, i feel in love with it. great product, seems sturdy and holds lots of micro jigs in both the foam and snap compartments.

I would hope they would look at adding a larger size as the snap compartments would hold plastics if they where larger.Anyone else buy one of these?

I agree. I have a small one and it is great but wished that they would make the large size just like the small only bigger.

J-

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.