Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1638901 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #4770 on: May 10, 2016, 08:36 AM »
Good Morning ER's Wasn't as crazy as Saturday, but on the steady side, My manager came at what would be the changing of the guard hr. One funny thing was he was putting a display rack back together for the Ice fishing gloves he was instructed to take down and store, just before our closing date and sale was announced  :cookoo: ;D even had customers asking for them prior to the start of the closing sale.  Hope my knees hang in for all the extra walking that comes with 8 hour shifts,

Nice to hear the deck/ramp project is complete WB, Now really do we have to mention pouring concrete  ::) :o :-\ reading that makes my backache

Hang in there Jeff, some times improvement is slow in coming.

Lots of shoppers are I think are waiting for more of a reduction in the pricing, Me included  ;D got just enough time for a quick breakfast and have to hit the ditch.  Stay safe with what ever is on your plates today.  See Mindy out in the hall, any news on the boat shopping ?  Bud Out.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4771 on: May 10, 2016, 02:57 PM »
Old Goat I am with you on the naps. Except mine was just one long one. We had a busy weekend with the Arthritis Walk on Sat, birthday on Sunday along with Mothers day and all the DRs. appointments on Monday. No time for a nap on those three days. I went to the other place on Monday afternoon to hunt turkeys for a few days.

it started out like it was going to be a rainy day but as the sun came up it had quit raining. I left for the woods and was back at the conveiniance store I was drinking coffee while it rained with my turkey for this spring.

I finally got a nap after I got home and and had the turkey cleaned and in the fridge. I did not sleep with my glasses on as like usuall I lost track of where I put them down last. My nap lasted probablyas long as yur two. Dang it is not nice getting old and worn out.

All the cherry orchards are in full bloom with the apple orchards starting to bloom. The peach orchards were all pink with bloom last week. The asparagus season is just getting started. Wanted to bring some home but they had not brought any out of the fields when I headed home to clean the turkey.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4772 on: May 10, 2016, 04:10 PM »
Tom...Congratulations on getting your bird, thats terrific!!  " You da man!! ".  ;D  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
Sounds like all the orchards are coming along nicely....sure is a beautiful sight when everything is blooming.
Hope you find your glasses Sir!

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4773 on: May 10, 2016, 05:34 PM »
       Way to go, Tom !!!   :clap: :thumbsup:                WB

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4774 on: May 10, 2016, 05:49 PM »
I have about 4 pair of dime store cheeters but some times I have a hard time finding even one pair. That is why I have not sprung for a pair of RX ones after getting my cataracts taken care of. I did not have that problem when I had to wear them all the time for the 60 years before cataracts.

Getting old is not that fun.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4775 on: May 10, 2016, 06:14 PM »
Congratulations Tom :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4776 on: May 10, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Yah WTG Tom, Get to go in later in the day tomorrow, good thing, will be able to pick up some grocery's and hopefully get the yard mowed before 1 PM.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4777 on: May 11, 2016, 03:02 AM »
Good Wednesday Everyone! :bow:

Yesterday was a washout but a successful one none the less. Some may remember that my Buick got backed into last fall while I was in shopping at one of the big box stores. I came out to find a smashed in trunk lid and not hide nor hair of the person that did it.

I was contemplating getting it fixed right away but took the advice of all of you and held off until after winter. I only found a couple of salvage yards that could get me one and they wanted $450 and couldn’t promise a color ???

Yesterday morning my wife called around 9 am all excited. For some crazy reason she looked at C List and typed in my cars make and model. The first thing to pop up was a Buick that was being parted out. Long story short I called the place and found out many parts from their vehicle would fit mine, most importantly, the trunk lid . I asked the price and he said $100 and it was even my color :thumbsup:

40 minutes later I was home with my like new lid and within another ½ hour I had the old one off and the new one on. Sometimes procrastinating pays off  ;D

It sounds like we are going to an office building job today. They are calling for more rain by mid-afternoon so hopefully we can get it finished up before it moves in. This is my last day of the week as we head north for Fridays fishing trip. Weather Friday does not sound good in the area we are going :%$#!:

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what’s on the planner.

Time to fire up my fixed up Buick!

Keep safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4778 on: May 11, 2016, 03:39 AM »

Good morning WS, Good morning ER's,
                  WS......That is great that you found a truck lid for that price and color to boot! Have a good day in the jungle1 ::)
                  Eddie....I know you will be coming on soon so I just wanted to say "Happy Hump Day"  :woot: I hope your
            pour went well yesterday! ???
                  Tom.....Congrats on your Turkey sir, how big was it.
                  I get my wood splitter back today, so I probably will split some more pine that I have cut up, then next Monday
           I will start on the hardwood pile that I have for next winter!
                  I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4779 on: May 11, 2016, 04:04 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Whopper, Morning Everyone,
Happy Hump Day right back at ya Jeff.... :roflmao:
44* this am and clear, high of 70 expected....should be plenty of Spring fashions today!
Jeff...take it easy on that bad wing today with the wood pile...
Whopper...congrats on the find and fix with the Buick, that's awesome! Nice job, she looks great! Hope today goes well and that weather forecast changes for the trip, be safe in the jungle!  :thumbsup:
WB...sounds like the carpenters did a fine job on the wheelchair ramp, excellent! How are the grandchildren doing?
Bud..glad to hear things are going good for you at the job...have you been misplacing any items?   ;D

Sounds like concrete is a bad name here, so I'll refer to it as gray stuff for now on..... ;D
We had a pleasant day with the gray stuff yesterday....trucks were on time, lunch was on time, and we left on time...took a late cawfee break, but we got one.... :thumbsup:     Back to setting marble today and working on a tan.... ;D
Running a tad behind, so cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day everyone, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4780 on: May 11, 2016, 04:31 AM »
      Good morning all, 38* on the hill with blue skies and no bugs yet ! Only our son came in last night after a four hour drive up from Portland. The girls have school so only he flew in. Talked till after two, about the girls and his work. Tom, know about the cheeters, have a number of pairs all around the house garage and even in the car.  ;)  Marv, good deal and job on the car !  Jeff, easy work out on the shoulder with the wood pile. Today will start  on rebuilding back steeps.  ::) ::)   Have a good day all !                                                                                     WB

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4781 on: May 11, 2016, 04:49 AM »
Good morning WS,IW,Eddie and early risers. Whopper Stopper good score on the trunk lid I agree with Eddie replacement looks to be original lid. May the weather be good for your trip. Eddie glad the gray stuff work went smoothly yesterday. Have fun setting the marble today. Enjoy the spring fashions. ;) Ice Wanderer be careful splitting the pine today. Hopefully the rehab. program will help your shoulder. Ideally the store should always be ready for a visit or inspection. Reality is quite different many things get put off until what would have been an easy job becomes a major project.
  WarBonnett happy to read the deck and ramp are complete may the ramp make things easier for your wife and you . If you look at the Ice Shanty statistics you will find most of the top posters are also moderators. Tom congratulations on harvesting  a spring turkey.  :clap: :thumbsup: It must be quite the sight when all the orchards by you are in bloom. IFF sounds like your store is trying to rid itself of as much inventory as possible before closing.
   I thought Raquettedacker would have dropped in with a report on his big event. Yoopergirl hope all is well with you do not stress yourself out looking for the perfect boat to fit your needs and style of fishing.
Morning WarBonnett  have fun with the step rebuild.

Stay safe and have a good day folks. Good luck to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4782 on: May 11, 2016, 07:50 AM »
It finally quit raining over night. At least it waited until after I had the turkey plucked yesterday. The bird weighed 22#, the heaviest on I have taken in years. Also the shortest spurs at only 1/2 inch. 8 inch beard. The weight has to be that it got fed all winter. there were a few kernels of corn in its crop with no corn fields around. Must be the only house around was/is feeding. The mild winter has been the reason for heaver birds being taken.

I build a bunch of ramps when they became mandatory on public buildings. I lived in a house with one for a while that had been an adult foster care place. They sure make it easier getting in and out of a place even if you are not handicapped.

WS Congrats on your wife's find for your car. Great things come to those that wait.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4783 on: May 11, 2016, 08:48 AM »
Good Morning, WTG on the trunk lid, just like servpro, like it never happened  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
So far I have talked myself out of a lot of things, The Ice Armor glove display got put back out so, may splurge and get a new pair.  Thursday may see another reduction in sale prices.

Maybe Mindy is putting in a lot of over time.  Maybe Dom is still counting $$ ?

Sounds like everyone will be busy today.  Still haven't got the landing gear fixed, but think the boat will be setting awhile.

Good day to all.  Fishing should be picking up if the water is getting warmer.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4784 on: May 11, 2016, 04:08 PM »

Good Afternoon Everyone! :bow:

That was a good sized bird Tom! :thumbsup: The ones that are in our back yard appear to be a lot smaller then that, I bet they would only go about 15-18 pounds.

Well the fishing trip is off. I got an e mail from my guy up north and he said if we really wanted to come he would still go, but he was concerned that the girls may not like the weather. The high on Friday is supposed to only be in the low 30's up there, and they are calling for winds to be around 30 mph. He said there is also a chance for rain or sleet for the afternoon.

I called the wife and the girls kicked it around and decided it's just to dang far to go, just to freeze their parts off. I am disappointed but I see their point. I told them we will set up another day fishing local, our opener is this Saturday and it's bound to warm up one of these days. The wife said that just because we aren't going doesn't mean they want to split wood ??? 

The boss is happy and we are going in extra early tomorrow for a trimming job at another office building. I figure I won't have time to check in come morning so I would share my news now.

Hope you all have an excellent Thursday :thumbsup: Keep safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4785 on: May 11, 2016, 05:29 PM »
WS
I talked to my life time hunting buddy last night. All the birds that he, his son and grandson took were heavier than normal. It had to have been the abnormally warm snow less winter allowing them to get to feed. 17 or 18 lbs. have been the normal for me.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4786 on: May 12, 2016, 04:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
Clear and 47* this payday, high 70's expected here today...reached 75 here yesterday with no humidity! 
Marv..that's too bad about the trip getting cancelled with bad weather. Hope you get another opportunity to get a trip in with the girls. Good luck with  today's project, hope it goes well for you, be safe Sir!
Steve...hope everything is going well for you at work and the inspections have all been good.
Jeff...how's that arm doing after the wood splitting yesterday? Hope all is well.... :thumbsup:
Tom...that was a big bird! Agree with the winter being so warm, all the critters had a chance to fatten up.
Bud...hope you get a chance to wet a line soon, sounds like you'll be busy for awhile.
WB...good luck with the steps, enjoy your time with your son!   :thumbsup:

Kept finding myself singing Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison yesterday for some reason..... :whistle: ....got a feeling that will happen again today!   ;D
We had a first year apprentice start on our crew yesterday, just happens to be my foremans nephew... :o
Long story short, the foreman asked me to help him out and show him all the steps involved in the marble restoration project....no problem... ;D.  The young man is a big time weight lifter, likes to take selfies all the time of himself....so we started him off on the fine art of jackhammering for the day....didn't see him take one selfie on his first tour... :roflmao: 
Slightly after cawfee break, he asked me if it's normal for his forearms to burn and itch...lol...I said sure it is, by the end of the day, you'll probably find a few more spots that feel the same way, welcome to Masonry!
 Today he will learn how to run a cement mixer,shovel sand, and slam 94lb. bags of Portland cement that always seem to splatter on you, of course that won't happen until after a few more hours of jack hammering is done!
Doubt there will be too many selfiies again today.... :clap: :roflmao:...cawfee's on boys!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4787 on: May 12, 2016, 05:03 AM »
Good morning early risers.Tom once more congratulations 22 pounds is one big wild turkey, will the bird be saved for next Thanksgiving or be consumed at a summer time outing with family and friends. Bud you may want to search through the "Dressing for Ice Fishing community/board I know when Ice Armor gloves first hit the market there were many negative reviews here  about the water proof claims things might have improved over the years. Even at a reduced price do not want to see you buy an item that does not live up to it's claims and may not meet your needs and expectations. You maybe correct about Mindy, and I hope you are correct about Dom.  WarBonnett ditto Eddie's words hope the step rebuild went well and your weather was better then during the deck and ramp build.
  Eddie the inspection is not until late next week. the thing that bothers me is that this week and next over all work hours at the store have been reduced because sales are not meeting projected figures.  I only have one hour overlap with coworker in my dept. before I'm on my own each day. Also they ask me to work past my scheduled hours and the rest of my dept. workers are working their scheduled hours. I been telling the different members of management the store has seen over the years one person can not preform all the various chores they expect us to do each day plus extra projects. It sounds like the apprentice need to be schooled not only in Masonry but work place expectations. It does not matter who he is related to goof/slack off to much especially in the construction trades and you will make enemies among your coworkers. 
   Jeff hope your shoulder is doing alright after the wood splitting .
 May you all stay safe and have a good day at work or play. Best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4788 on: May 12, 2016, 05:35 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Steve, ER's,
                      Eddie.....It's always fun to have a new apprentice on the job, that's where you make them or break
              them. I'll bet he's a little sore this morning. It's like back in high school, going to football practice. The first
              few days, everyone is sore! ;D
                      Tom.....That sounds like a nice big bird you harvested, are you mounting the tail feathers? :clap:
                      Steve......Good luck with the clean project, I hope the store remains clean till the inspection!
                      Thank you Eddie and Steve for asking about my shoulder, it is no worse off than before, I was hoping
               that the workout would help. Maybe down the road as I do more!
                      Bud.....For a part timer, you are putting a lot of time in and it's cutting in to your fishing time! :wacko:
                      I hope everyone has a good pay day either at work or out fishing!
                      Where's Dom? he's gone missing again! ???

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4789 on: May 12, 2016, 07:13 AM »
The bird will be save for Thanksgiving. It has become a tradition. Tom turkeys generally weigh more in the spring than the fall. over the winter they grow what is called a breast sponge around the neck/crop area. It is what they live off of during the breeding season as they are to busy chasing hens to eat. That brings back memories of days long past when I was skinny as a rail. This bird had the biggest breast sponge I have ever seen, adding to the weight.

I have saved the tail as I have one mounted from a big limb hanger tom that I shot 20 years ago. It is getting pretty ragged so it needs getting redone. I usually give the tails to a gal that does taxidermy at my buddy's sport shop. I have also given her heads that were not to shot up to send and have freeze dried to replace ones that some one wants mounted that were in bad shape. Freeze dried heads sure beat the artificial ones.

Eddie LOL Good way to break in the muscle man. I can remember getting asked to run a jack hammer when I was still in high school. It took me a week to recover from two days on that thing. I bet he did not go to the gym after a day on the hammer.

I just watched a video of Glen Campbell playing the theme song of his first western heroes. The Lone Ranger and Tonto. What a rendition of the William Tell Overature.

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4790 on: May 12, 2016, 09:35 AM »
     Late good morning to all !  Been up and at am this morning. The stairs went fast and well yesterday, I had them all cut and the stringers put together, son and I(not much I) jacked up porch, set stringers then put down the treads, was done by 10:30 weather near 70*, blackflies THICK !  :%$#!: Our son rented a mini van and is loading it up for the drive back to Co.! ::)  He has been helping me with other projects that I was having a hard time with, it's good to have him home for a few days !! :thumbsup:  Sounds like most are off to work, be safe all !                                                                                WB

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4791 on: May 12, 2016, 02:08 PM »
Good afternoon all. Hope this Thursday is treating you well. Just finished exams for the week so I am taking a slight break to get caught up on the IS action.

Tom: Great Bird! That will taste great on Turkey Day. How long does it take you to dress a single turkey?
Marv: Hope you can find another time to go, especially to get some of those MN opener walleye
Jeff: If you don't mind me asking, how did you injure the shoulder originally?

Taking a trip to God's country next Saturday. A 9 day fishing trip to Northwest Ontario should be a good reward after getting through 2 weeks of medical school exams! Excited to head up there and even to start packing for it! We will be going for some Trophy Pike and some good shore lunch eyes! Found time to go to Cabela's this past Sunday to get some things for the trip and to also get my Dad's Father's Day present. It is a little early, but he is leaving with my brother on his own fishing trip the week after mine, so I had to get it before then. It is a 58 qt. Coleman Marine Extreme cooler. He has always had cheap ones and has always gotten the styrofoam ones for our annual fishing trips to Ottertail, MN. Well, one year we went to pick up the boat, had the cooler in the boat and drove maybe 5 minutes to my other grandpa's house to pick him up. Looked in the boat and I saw ice and along with some of our items floating in the back of the boat. Upon further inspection, my grandpa had left year old gas in the boat and during the 5 minute drive it built up enough pressure to spill gas over. Well let me tell you, gas and styrofoam do not mix. It turned the styrofoam into this goopy mess. Long story short, we bought him a cooler that can hopefully withstand something like that haha, plus in tests, it held ice just as well as those expensive Yetti's!

Hope you all have a great rest of the day, only one more week of exams to go and I will be free for the summer!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4792 on: May 12, 2016, 05:05 PM »

Good afternoon ES,
                    I first injured my shoulder in a car accident back in 1971, it gave me some problems over the years, but I
            was always able to work it out. Now in my last few years it has been getting worse. I loose circulation in it if laying
            on my side, also it goes numb at times doing some things!

IW

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4793 on: May 12, 2016, 06:53 PM »
IW, sorry to hear about that. I hope you are able to get it healed so that it is no longer a bother! The curious medical student in me had to ask.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #4794 on: May 12, 2016, 08:13 PM »
Mason - He should be ready very soon for carrying 5 gal. pails of mud around the site for the laying masons, that brings back memories
Wanderer - P.T. every so often, hot packs or showers to get the blood flowing, a glass with 2 fingers worth for the pain
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4795 on: May 13, 2016, 03:36 AM »
Good Morning ER's    if I knew I was going to be first post of the day I would have brought the eggs and bacon. Eddie the garage sales went well picked up a 50 cent gps,a 3 dollar rod and a 2 dollar reel. Best buy was a jewelry case for my daughter that is a beauty huge thing might be 4 ft. high. 45 beans on that. Prom this weekend so I took a ride up to the casino with some $ I got paid for doing a research study- No more bacon eggs anyone

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4796 on: May 13, 2016, 04:06 AM »
Good Friday 13th morning ER's, yesterdays post went by-by when the dreaded notice showed up "connection lost".  Turned out the DNS server went down.  Didn't have internet connection until nearly noon.

This morning will be taking another shot and getting the 4 cycle weed eater to run, the carb is messed up, the primer bulb split, always something  :%$#!: :%$#!:  Day off today, so will be taking the bride to the local nursery to get her fix. her foot mending is much better now, she can get her shoe on.   One thing that I mentioned in my post that never happened yesterday was that there was frost on the neighbors roofs  :cookoo: and my exterior temp gauge was reading 41.  :cookoo: crazy Colorado weather.

Didn't see any more reductions in sale prices yesterday, so will be holding off on a few things that I maybe convince myself I just have to have.  Did grab a nice fishing shirt with my discount $13. :o

Noticed Mindy and Dominick still among the missing.  Bummer on the fishing trip Marv getting side tracked.  Boy things are sure starting to stack up on my do list.  ::)  Time to fire up the coffee pot and see what else is/has been happening, while the dark spell is upon me.

Good day all if your out wetting a line, don't want to hear about any mishaps.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4797 on: May 13, 2016, 04:16 AM »
Good Friday Morning Everyone,
49*  this am, high of 62 coming here today with some rain expected.
Capt.Jim...sounds like you've done some tending before..... ;D  Welcome aboad the 9:45!  :thumbsup:
ES...congrats on finishing up your exams, hope you did well... :clap: :thumbsup:  Sounds like an awesome fishing trip coming up, great choice on the gift for your Dad, he'll like that, nice job!
WB...glad the stairs went well and the other projects you did with your son, had my nest conversations working with my boys, bet you did as well. Best wishes to him on a safe return trip...that's a long drive, guessing 2400 miles or so?
Steve...sounds like you're under the gun again! Hope management can come up with a better solution to your work load....best wishes on the inspection!   :thumbsup:

We had a beautiful day work wise yesterday, reached 80* in the afternoon and those summer dresses were out like the black flies in WB's neck of the woods.... ;D
The apprentice was complaining about a blister that appeared on his hand from the hammer...broke the men's hearts!   ;D. Told him that's why we wear gloves and stuff....another lesson learned, so that's a good thing!
Running late, so catch up to you boys this afternoon.....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!
Morning Bud, see you posted as I was trying to.....bad connections for me also, have a great day!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4798 on: May 13, 2016, 04:18 AM »

Good morning Old Goat, Bud, ER's,
                      I'm sure someone will post before I get done typing, Oh well!
                      Bud......Have a good day with the Mrs. getting her, her fix! ;)2 That sucks about the Weed Wacker! :%$#!:
                      Goat.....I'm having bacon and eggs here this morning, coffee is on! ::)
                      I started on my hardwood pile yesterday, I didn't get too far, the wife wanted some help in her garden!
                      I hope everyone has a good day either at work or out on the water. Eddie I bet the scenery out at the capital
                is getting pretty nice by now! :woot:

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4799 on: May 13, 2016, 04:40 AM »
heal up IW  and anyone else on the mend               

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.