Author Topic: 1 man flip over shack  (Read 9745 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: 1 man flip over shack
« Reply #30 on: Oct 20, 2018, 08:24 PM »
I've been looking at the Wide one the past two years and heard a lot of good reports on it.  How do you like the seat and is it comfortable all day long?

Yep seats in it are way better then in my clam voyager. Only complaint I have on the wide one is that when you extend it wide the out side flaps can grab air and blow up. I found it needs snow or something to hold them down. Pointing into the wid helps, but if you get a swirling wind.....not so much.

Offline jcrow75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Oct 21, 2018, 03:50 PM »

This guy has an answer for the flapping.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 21, 2018, 04:32 PM »
I use to like the wide one till I started looking at the eskimo evo 1it ... these shacks all depend on your needs..  if you got a old cordless drill laying around  you can install remove stakes way faster with it... and that you won't have to fold the shanty to move lt every ten foot to stay on fish.. mostly won't have to stake on non windy days I like the leg room the elbow room that other flips don't offer.. like the evo1it  does... any how take a good look at bolth shacks see what works for you  and you like the best?? If no one mentions the other how will you know what you want?? I know from owning my frabill  recon that tight quaters  are no fun.. that must be why I am looking at the evo 1it and the bay runner ??  No room to jig in the frabill I end out casting more shadows then it's worth from the flapping of the light cheap fabric on my frabill.. also why  I am looking  at a new shanty..

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Nov 12, 2018, 09:09 AM »
Anyone have any experience with the frabill sentinel or stroschein? Also in a market for a 1 man shelter, not 100% sold on the Fx100i yet but am leaning towards that route. I'm assuming all of the 1 man flip overs have a big enough sled to carry a drill/auger combo, one hard case, 1 bucket and a flasher?
Da Pack!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 12, 2018, 09:56 AM »
Anyone have any experience with the frabill sentinel or stroschein? Also in a market for a 1 man shelter, not 100% sold on the Fx100i yet but am leaning towards that route. I'm assuming all of the 1 man flip overs have a big enough sled to carry a drill/auger combo, one hard case, 1 bucket and a flasher?

The frabill stroschein is similar  in the sled bases and pulling hardness to my recon..  the fabric is full thermal on the stroschein  were mine is 300d it will fit my flasher a bucket of minnows a auger power or hand a rod case and some tackle no problem..  might want to think of heaters it's a reAL small shanty that a little buddy heater is over kill in..  also might want to consider doing like I did in this picture with your flasher ?? cause there is really no room on ice in it.. this way you can have a hole and some leg room...

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 12, 2018, 10:18 AM »
To add.....the Sentinel and Stroschein are very light and manuverable, fast and rugged. I had a Recon for several season and loved that it was simple, light and fast. You are cramped for room but if your running and gunning its not too bad. The sentinel tub is just a little bigger than the Recon so it might have a little more shoulder room

This is one hell of a sale for a thermal 1 man btw - I'd be all over it
https://www.reedssports.com/frabill/frabill-stroschein-1350-single-insulat-320078
The trunk seat is very, very cool/handy

If you were paying full price it might be better to get a Frabill Recon or Clam Scout XL Thermal

Catchin' Fish

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 12, 2018, 10:33 AM »
To add.....the Sentinel and Stroschein are very light and manuverable, fast and rugged. I had a Recon for several season and loved that it was simple, light and fast. You are cramped for room but if your running and gunning its not too bad. The sentinel tub is just a little bigger than the Recon so it might have a little more shoulder room

This is one hell of a sale for a thermal 1 man btw - I'd be all over it
https://www.reedssports.com/frabill/frabill-stroschein-1350-single-insulat-320078
The trunk seat is very, very cool/handy

If you were paying full price it might be better to get a Frabill Recon or Clam Scout XL Thermal

That is one heck of a deal. $90 for shipping makes it not as good of a deal, but still not bad. Might have to pull the trigger. Would be nice to sit inside it to test it out before buying though.
Da Pack!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Nov 12, 2018, 11:30 AM »
I've never had a single problem with my Frabill products - that said I would never pay full price for them either but that goes for any brand of shack out there lol My Recon was an end of season close out buy for almost 50% off and I beat the hell out of it for 6 seasons on the ice. I sold it to a local ice fisherman and it will be on the ice again this year. The tent looked brand new, sled was in great shape, etc. My hyfax got moved to my new Recruit - never had a problem, the recruit was perfect out of the box, no missing hardware, all the poles/tubes and connectors were there and in good shape, tent is excellent, etc. and everything went together fine.  I've also never had any issues calling Plano's technical support. It seems like quality control sucks from all of the shack companies lately so having no issues seems to be more an exception, not the rule. It is definitely buyer beware

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.