Author Topic: Cheap Trick For Catching Gills, Perch, and Specks:  (Read 18929 times)

Offline MSUICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cheap Trick For Catching Gills, Perch, and Specks:
« Reply #30 on: Nov 18, 2005, 02:39 PM »
eggshells....
chumming.... maybe not, littering..... YES.

scales.... illegal also in MI as putting in food parts into public water is a big no-no.

can't put stuff down the hole you don''t take back out with you. I do believe that chumming is legal in MI, but to put non-perishable things down the hole is littering. What's next? throw cigarette butts down the hole to attract fish?

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 20, 2005, 09:55 AM »
eggshells are non perishable?...... last time I threw them into the compost pile they rotted ??? I don't see why scales would be illegal what happens to scales when a fish dies in the lake? I don't see why anyone would throw cigarette butts down the hole to attract fish but....I have heard of people using them to catch fish though  ;)
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #32 on: Nov 20, 2005, 11:00 AM »
well, it told me to do it in INFISHERMAN!!! SO THERE!!!   :o  and no, if they told me to jump off a bridge i wouldn't.
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #33 on: Nov 25, 2005, 07:58 PM »
Be nasty like me and soak the oatmeal in fish attractant keep it in a bottle and drop some in the hole once in a while. This way you attract by sight and smell.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 26, 2005, 11:20 AM »
Be nasty like me and soak the oatmeal in fish attractant keep it in a bottle and drop some in the hole once in a while. This way you attract by sight and smell.
that is a cool idea....does the oatmeal mold after a while?
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #35 on: Nov 29, 2005, 03:21 PM »
It doesn't seem to, but I mix it in a pretty good sized pill bottle and it gets used pretty fast. Just like everything else, some days it works better than others. Getting back to the egg shells. Spear fishermen throw them down the hole in their spearing shack because it makes it easier to see fish against the bottom with egg shells down there. Dark fishes back above a light colored bottom.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline bear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 07, 2005, 07:23 PM »
oatmeal. I will have to try this. thanks for the tip.

Offline biggvinn2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish or go home
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2005, 01:45 PM »
I HAVE TRIED OATMEAL AND EGGSHELLS , THEY BOTH WORK VERY WELL!!!
Women love me , fish fear me!!!!!!

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2005, 08:18 PM »
u guys crack me up  i own an aqua vu and you know how many more fish it has caught for me ZERO  its just fun too sit there relax and watch the fishes in thier world  from ours :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #39 on: Dec 25, 2005, 10:04 AM »
you know how many more fish it has caught for me ZERO

yeah, because when we found a way to use it to catch more fish, you let me do the catching while you called the shots while watching the camera. ;D

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 28, 2005, 05:34 PM »
eggshells....
chumming.... maybe not, littering..... YES.

scales.... illegal also in MI as putting in food parts into public water is a big no-no.

can't put stuff down the hole you don''t take back out with you. I do believe that chumming is legal in MI, but to put non-perishable things down the hole is littering. What's next? throw cigarette butts down the hole to attract fish?

cigatette butts would probably work...but they float....
It's all about Karma.....

Offline NickP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 28, 2005, 06:43 PM »
You cant possibly tell me an aqua-vu does not help... You can watch the fish come in and look at the bait and drop it right on there nose as well as the slight twitch sometimes needed- if you bounce a bait off a fish's nose they WILL eat it 90 percent of the time ...... you cant be serious saying a 300 dollar piece of machinery doesnt help- or else you dumb butt wouldnt have bought it  ??? ??? ???

Nothing wrong with site fishing as your moving the bait and not keeping it ON the fish. Thats like saying casting onto a fish hitting the top is EVIL..... There is a very big difference between seeing a fish under water and from above water - even on a clear day a camera is 10 times better then looking from above, PERIOD

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 02, 2006, 01:04 PM »
I got to use an underwater camera for free one year when I did a local outdoor column. I can't tell you how many times I marked trout coming through night fishing in the summer, and even caught them, while I saw nothing on the camera. Why? I believe it was because the camera was turned in the wrong direction and I couldn't control the direction it was in. If anything it seemed I was wasting valuable fishing time playing with the camera. I did enjoy seeing the bottom makeup of the lakes as I had only assumed what kinds of weeds and bottom were there previously.

I believe the camera is like anything else. It's a tool and only valuble if you can use it effectively. 10 percent of the fisherman (and women) catch 90 percent of the fish out there -- not the folks with all the toys. However you put a good angler together with some of these toys and he will be even better. The guy who is a terrible angler will continue to be a terrible angler no matter how many toys he has. I don't really think it adds that much of an unfair advantage. The folks that I know that detest them have an axe to grind - they can't afford one.

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.