Author Topic: simcoe  (Read 18656 times)

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: simcoe
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Maybe Krustydawg will answer this or you can check out the MNR site for those answer's,  personally i dont know what the limit is to take home, as a guess i would have to say your daily catch limit to bring back with you. AS On your person your not supposed to have any more then your daily limit so that is what would make sense to me, so with Perch on a SPorts is 50, conservation 25. Pike 5, conservation 2, Lakers = sports 2 conservation one as the same for whitefish,  Hope that the answer is correct, as Im almost certain it is but with any question's your uncertain about you can check out MNR DO a google serach for that then check out Regualtions in the fishing Section. Becareful out there and watch your daily Limit counts as THe game Wardens have already been stopping the few people out there today. 2 Men COming off the Lake GOt nailed with 37 over thir limit this Day.
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:21 PM »
sorry guys i'm just wondering what the deal is with coming there and taking fish back home.Are we aloud only a certain amount to bring across the border?My friends were saying we Have to go to simcoe amazing perch fishing!!!I am just wondering if you guys know what we can bring back home?? :tipup: thanks

I go across at least 10 times a year! My theory is if you are worried about customs?

daily limit x days in Canada = possession! My other theory is no custom agent is going to count a bunch of fish , for the simple reason they could care less! These are my theory's and have no scientific value!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:32 PM »
my friends and i fished quinte bay years ago and they told us you could only bring one trophy walleye back to the states. We must have caught 60 walleye none over 6 pounds but we didnt even take any home to eat cause we were hoping to get a big boy and didnt want to take one 6 pound walleye home.So if its ok to take home 20 or 30 perch than im coming to simcoe
 :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2007, 10:11 PM »
the thing is you are only going through US customs on the way back! They are not going to enforce any Canadian fishing regs!

There are 2 Canadian fishing licenses to get! 1 you can have 50 perch per day and the other you can 25 perch per day!

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Maybe Krustydawg will answer this or you can check out the MNR site for those answer's,  personally i dont know what the limit is to take home, as a guess i would have to say your daily catch limit to bring back with you. AS On your person your not supposed to have any more then your daily limit so that is what would make sense to me, so with Perch on a SPorts is 50, conservation 25. Pike 5, conservation 2, Lakers = sports 2 conservation one as the same for whitefish,  Hope that the answer is correct, as Im almost certain it is but with any question's your uncertain about you can check out MNR DO a google serach for that then check out Regualtions in the fishing Section. Becareful out there and watch your daily Limit counts as THe game Wardens have already been stopping the few people out there today. 2 Men COming off the Lake GOt nailed with 37 over thir limit this Day.

You must have missed my previous post on page two ! ::)

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2007, 11:45 PM »
the thing is you are only going through US customs on the way back! They are not going to enforce any Canadian fishing regs!

There are 2 Canadian fishing licenses to get! 1 you can have 50 perch per day and the other you can 25 perch per day!

Go ahead and take the chance of getting caught, I personally will not.  The Canadian Law is just that the Law, possession is 100 perch end of story.  I respect a great fishery like Lake Simcoe and I will continue to do my small part to keep and protect that fishery by obeying the limits.  I am a US citizen and consider myself a guest in Canada while I am there and would not do anything to compromise future fishing trips to such a great fishery.  Not to mention getting to fish with my buddy Germ every year ! ;D

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2007, 02:24 AM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

dude Totally respectable and you my friend have just won a trophy in Germs hall  of fame!!! Tight Lines Everyone!!!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:18 AM »
Good deal Krusty, I wish more people had your outlook! Even the fisher people on this side of the line.

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2007, 12:02 PM »
Go ahead and take the chance of getting caught, I personally will not.  The Canadian Law is just that the Law, possession is 100 perch end of story.  I respect a great fishery like Lake Simcoe and I will continue to do my small part to keep and protect that fishery by obeying the limits.  I am a US citizen and consider myself a guest in Canada while I am there and would not do anything to compromise future fishing trips to such a great fishery.  Not to mention getting to fish with my buddy Germ every year ! ;D

Take a chance doing what ? I am sorry for any confusion on your end!! I was responding to his question! I have all the respect in the world for all fisheries whereever they may be!The point I was trying to make to Hunter08 was his statement "So if its OK to take home 20 or 30 perch than I'm coming to simcoe". I say you can take home all the legal fish you want! If you are there for Saturday and sunday you can take home 100! Thats not a chance of getting caught doing anything wrong!  I read back through my previous post and couldn't find anything that Implied that anybody do something illegal!

I fish Canada summer and winter and personally only keep a few meals!! I would be crushed if I couldn't fish up there! I meant no disrespect to anyone up in that beautiful country!

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #39 on: Jan 21, 2007, 12:51 PM »
Take a chance doing what ? I am sorry for any confusion on your end!! I was responding to his question! I have all the respect in the world for all fisheries whereever they may be!The point I was trying to make to Hunter08 was his statement "So if its OK to take home 20 or 30 perch than I'm coming to simcoe". I say you can take home all the legal fish you want! If you are there for Saturday and sunday you can take home 100! Thats not a chance of getting caught doing anything wrong!  I read back through my previous post and couldn't find anything that Implied that anybody do something illegal!

I fish Canada summer and winter and personally only keep a few meals!! I would be crushed if I couldn't fish up there! I meant no disrespect to anyone up in that beautiful country!

It is good to see your reponse above.  I re-read your previous posts and the way they read to me (and a few others on the board) is "No US Customs Agent is goin to enforce Canadian fishing regs."  That to me is telling people go ahead and take any amount of fish you would like back to the US, you won't get checked.  By reading your post above I am sure you were not implying to do this, but your choice of words could have been a little different.  No hard feelings on my end.  Tight Lines.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #40 on: Jan 21, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Thanks for the info guys!!! :tipup:

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 21, 2007, 05:48 PM »
Just thought i tell ya how the day went for me, Fished for a hour and a bit and tried out the aqua-vu today for the first time on hard water:>:> ANd ws great playing the fishing game Like krusty dog and TOny the tiger does. Anyhow Makes you fish differntly. The bite ws hot .. No need for 2 rods out there today. I didnt take my portable hut the wind wasnt to harsh and i will be out there again tommorow. i fished on 3 and a half inches of hard Black ice North of where I usually fish. Few pessure cracks to be careful of out there  Anyhow the action was non-stop You COuld easily have Limited out before a hour Though i didnt Keep a single one. C+R Only for me today. The perch were hitting pretty much anything i would drop down there then we tried bigger lures to select the bigger perch lol Seen people out there on their sleds on the south end of the lake and their atv's Myself ill be walking out and not on any machines out there for at least another week im a little hesitant to get that much weight underneath me so soon lol. ANyhow Tight lines everyone and hope to see you all on the ice soon!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #42 on: Jan 21, 2007, 05:53 PM »
Thanx Germ, glad to hear the bite is hot, and the ice is forming

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:40 PM »
Got good ice on this Germ 4 -5 in. of black ice!!!!! Maybe you could bring your Nintendo out on my side next weekend. Hut is coming out on sat. afternoon. I'll have my flag on.

Offline Kirk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:59 PM »
thanks for the report germy. good to hear the perch were on fire ;D, thats simcoe for ya!

you are right about the aqua vu bud, with my scout u see the perchies down lurking your bait and you tend to do a hell of alot more jigging then without the camera :D, but it sure is cool watchin them down there and experimenting with diffrent lures.

hopefully later this week i will make a trip up, friday i dont have an exam or monday would be ideal. i imagin it will be packed out there this weekend :tipup:
No ice too thick....lets go perchin!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:55 PM »
Oh ya the LAke will be packed with people just awaiting to get out, Was a great day and like i said tommorow im hitting on perch and pike. SAme area as i did today but this time illbe targeting the big toothy critters as well... ANyhow tight lines everyone and hope to catch ya out on the hard stuff and ROad toad maybe might come by ur shack when u get it out there let me know. We can play Nintendo together lol!! TIght lines everyone!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:43 AM »
Well i tried south on the lake today for pike for 2 hours. THe ice thickness wsa 5-6 inches  but the bite was almost not there for perch and no pike to be had or seen or anything. The water clarity also was crappy at best and the weeds were rampant. Anyhow I'll be fishing north Tommorow or in 2 hours if i get the ich again after just having come in i just might go back lol  One never knows lol ANyhow just wanted people updated on the ice nd fishing FIsh north on the lake people if you want perch. roches point area! TIght lines\!

Offline sailor71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 22, 2007, 01:58 PM »
Does anyone have a condition report for the Pefferlaw area? I was thinking of going out Wednesday. Going out on Scugog tomorrow.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:03 PM »
DOnt know about pefferlaw area but i know the big lake isnt frozen over yet so,.... anyhow stick to the south part of the bay.

Offline brian318

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over Ill fish there too
« Reply #49 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:57 PM »
I love Simcoe, but I am not going through any of the hut operators this season, have my own shelter and such. Im coming from Buffalo, any suggestions On legal walk on areas that wont get me fines or hassels, Im not converned with how far, would prefer the south end, all the way to barrie, even Orillia if its legit. Parks, traditional walk on areas? Im a visitor, so Id prefer no trouble. Thanks

Offline bigchev4x4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 23, 2007, 04:25 AM »
Depends on what you want to catch 318....Here in Innisfil ,we got the park @the end of the 8th line ......lots of parking(not overnight though),walk on area for trout ,whities,perch....all close by......

Offline bigchev4x4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 23, 2007, 04:28 AM »
And just a heads up...........the big lake is frozen and has been for 2 days.......not quite safe yet,but close...tight lines..

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #52 on: Jan 23, 2007, 05:54 AM »
I love Simcoe, but I am not going through any of the hut operators this season, have my own shelter and such. Im coming from Buffalo, any suggestions On legal walk on areas that wont get me fines or hassels, Im not converned with how far, would prefer the south end, all the way to barrie, even Orillia if its legit. Parks, traditional walk on areas? Im a visitor, so Id prefer no trouble. Thanks

Here is a map and parking directions off of Gilford Rd on the West side! You can get bait on the ice also!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p107/icecabins/Freeparking.jpg

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:41 AM »
WEll thank you BIg Chev4x4 for the update and welcome to the board":>:> I belive i fished with you 2 years back on the whitefish grounds:>:> Unless  there is someone else out there with that truck lol:>:> ANd as he has said folks been frozen for 2 days isnt safe yet for walking out to those spots. Lots of parking in the south end there brian just make sure to watch the parking bi-laws when doing so.. I belive they make you move your car every 2hrs? or something like that. ANyhow Roches point area has had alot of people fishing it with some nice numbers in perch to be had good luck to you and welcome abaord everyone:" TIght lines and be safe out there!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #54 on: Jan 23, 2007, 12:34 PM »
When you going over to simcoe? :tipup:

Offline FishnFiend

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just a Fiend for Fishn'
« Reply #55 on: Jan 23, 2007, 03:14 PM »
A group of us from the Buffalo area have a trip booked with Randy's this weekend. Will we be fishing???

The Fiend :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #56 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:10 PM »
Walk out right off the end of 89 hwy. great perch and pike. Watch for the 8x8 hut that comes out on sunday morning, thats me I have the Ice Shanty flag on it.

Offline mcwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #57 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:20 PM »
So what's the ice like by innisfil?

Offline brian318

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over Ill fish there too
« Reply #58 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:30 AM »
 :) Thanks to all the kind people on this board, just reinforces why I like Canada better than the Peoples republic of NY. I cant wait to book A trip up with my crew. Thanks once again!!!

Offline mcwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 24, 2007, 07:37 AM »
OK.  I just got a lesson in simcoe geography.  BigChev4X4 covered my question!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.