Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 217109 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1770 on: Mar 28, 2023, 04:09 AM »
Good morning Eddie see you have your lights on, what’s on for today ???
Just woke up and see daughter was ready to leave for Wisconsin. Didn’t get in much fishing time what with the low water.  4 am and quite except for a rooster crowing.

Nice your snug in the cabin Dave :thumbsup: you out to the cabin via ice road ???

Steve yes all plumbing is repaired, had to kick the riding mower to get it started, acted like it had water in the carb , would only run with full choke, but now runs like it should   Won’t be long for grass to be cut.

Will be getting a visit from some family that are currently in Florida near end of April, they would like to store a travel trailer here while shopping for a newer one.

Fresh coffee is on 😀
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1771 on: Mar 28, 2023, 04:55 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 32* on the Hill this am, high in the low 40’s today. Picked up an inch or so of snow overnight. Thoughts and prayers with the innocent victims in that Nashville school shooting and all those in the devastating tornadoes.

Bud…safe travels to your daughter this morning! Glad the plumbing issue is in the books now, beautiful!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Off for another Dr. visit this morning and then see how much groceries have gone up in the last week, lol.
  H2…congrats to you and the team on a good finish, way to go!  :clap:  Best wishes to your nephew on a successful season with the sugar shack.
  Wally…will keep the fingers crossed for some warmer stable weather moving in soon!  :thumbsup:  April can be a tricky month here for sure.
  Marv…best wishes with Jo’s car, hope you get some good news on that in the coming days!  :thumbsup:  Lots of snow hanging on out there, wow! We’re down to about 5-6” on the ground here now.
  FH4…congrats on the sale of your old boat!  :clap: 
  Dave…glad you arrived safe and sound at the cabin and the pellet stove is performing well, awesome!  :clap:  Good luck with todays planner and thanks for the update…stay safe out there!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks for the info on the lacrosse player, best wishes to him moving forward!  Glad to read your BIL is progressing well with his recovery, excellent news!  :clap:
  Jeff..what’s on the planner today? Hope the snow stayed on the low side for you last evening also.   :thumbsup:

Yesterday’s appointment went pretty well, thanks everyone! Running behind this morning, couple things to take care of before getting on my way…Cawfee’s on Bud this morning!   ;D
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1772 on: Mar 28, 2023, 05:52 AM »

Good morning Bud, Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 25* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Fish........Congratula tions on the boat sale. :thumbsup:
                           Bud........I'm glad you were able get the water line fixed. :clap: Safe travels to your daughter. :thumbsup:
                           Eddie......We had another inch over night. :%$#!: I'm done with winter. :blink:
                           H2l.........Good job Sunday night, now hopefully you can keep that type of bowling going for next year. :whistle:
                           Marv.......When I have had body repair done they gave me a completion date. :whistle: I hope Jo gets her car back soon. :unsure:
                           Wally.......I guess that's the problem with I/O boats, a PITA to winterize :cookoo: I'm sure you'll be out soon. :unsure:
                           Dave.......I'm glad you finally made it to your cabin. :flex: All that wood in the cabin takes a long time to heat up. :whistle:
                           Steve......Would you have played Lacrosse if your school had a team? ??? A lot of football players played Lacrosse at NYMA. :flex:
                           Well not much going on today, maybe more puttering, it's amazing how much of that can be done.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

That dark line is my picnic table in my backyard.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1773 on: Mar 28, 2023, 06:43 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts and prayers to those affected by the Nashville shooting  :'( :'( :'(

FH4.....congrats on selling the boat so quickly  :clap:

Drifter.....must feel good to finally be back at the cabin  :thumbsup:

MrC.....Ontario's season is open all year, just waiting on the weather now  ::)

IW....you sure have a LOT of snow left up there  :o

Eddie.....glad to hear your appointments are going well, continued prayers sent your way  ;)2

IFF.....safe travels to your daughter, hopefully her next visit sees better fishing conditions  @)

WS.....those dang deer sure can demolish a vehicle  :wacko: 

Took advantage of the decent weather and bare ground yesterday to get our spring raking done  :flex:  got up this morning to a white ground again  ::) good news is it should be gone by day's end  :)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1774 on: Mar 28, 2023, 06:43 AM »
32* and foggy. Sap may run good today.

Drifter, good to see you back at the cabin.

Prayers for those in Nashville. The world had gone NUTS!

Scout looks great. She looks about 5 pounds lighter. Even the girl said a lot of hair came off her when she got her bath. We think she is loosing her winter coat.

The lady that rides to bowling with me, was saying it had been a while since we won all 4 points.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1775 on: Mar 28, 2023, 07:34 AM »
Thanks everyone for the congrats on selling the boat, was bitter sweet seeing it go down the road to the new home, now to start getting the new one all rigged out and gear all stored away.  Got the Caliper on the truck last night, only a few swearing moments and a little blood here and there.  Now to bleed the brakes and take it for a spin to see how it all works.  Drifter always nice to see the pictures from the Cabin, beautiful as always, and glad you are able to make it out there.  Glad everyone else is doing good, have a great Tuesday as I better get back to work so the day is not tooo long.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1776 on: Mar 28, 2023, 08:44 PM »
Good evening cloudy start to the day then sun broke through the clouds day's high temperature was in the low to mid. fifties .
 This is for the attention of those living in some east coast and mid west states. There is a ground beef recall because of e-coli contamination .Ground beef is from Elkhorn Valley Packing and was packaged on Feb. 16,2023 on the packing this establishment number should appear on the USDA inspection mark  (EST.M-19459)  So far 9 states affect by recall. Hopefully i have the correct state abbreviations. NY.,NJ,. PA. MA., MI.,IL.,IN., and MD. . If you should have a package of this ground beef contact the place of purchase to see how they are handling the recall.

In local news after several months absence waste water samples taken this February at one of Rockland counties treatment plants show traces of Polio. Since many schools and colleges are in or will soon be taking their spring breaks concern about travel especially to England and Israel after recent detection of the virus in both countries.
In local news a two vehicle crash in Dutchess county this morning left a 49 year old man dead the vehicle he collided with was being driven by a 14 yr. old and was reported stolen from state of CT .
IFF may your daughter have a safe trip back to Wisconsin. I should start hearing and seeing lawn mowing here in a couple of weeks. Glad you were able to fix the problem with your mower and have it ready for service. may it be a good visit with family in late April.
Eddie may today's doctor appointment have been a repeat of yesterdays . guess you be keep the snow shovels and blower at stand by for another week .
Ice Wanderer if I had been exposed to lacrosse when i was young and had friends who played or if I had played in a youth league might have tried out for high school team. Many of the area teams still have a number of boys who also play football on the teams. Especially so with the smaller school districts . thank you for the photo hopefully you do not see a sudden temperature spike or heavy rains which will melt the remaining snow and cause possible flooding. I think even with a slow melting you will have soft ground and mud.
Walllyworld i know last year NY.state changed some of the regulations on trout bearing waters and some are now open to trout fishing year round . I need to read through the booklet i received with my license before heading to any trout waters this spring to avoid problems. Good that the warmer weather allowed you to get a start on yard work. When i lived in the house had to rake along two property lines each spring to remove any rocks thrown by snowplows before doing first mowing of the year.
hunts2long good that you got Scout in for a grooming before she started to shed her winter coat hopefully you and your wife will be dealing with less pet hair in the house this Spring. may your brother and nephew see and good week of maple sap flow and syrup production.
Fish/hunt4ever may it not have been to long of a work day for you. while the OT money is nice and will help with new boat payments you don't want to be to tired to use the boat if possible this weekend or stat the rigging and gear storage.
Drifter may it have been a good day at the cabin. Good to read that after a few hours your stove and the Buddy heater had the interior up to a comfortable temperature.
Whopper Stopper may it have been a good day of puttering or how ever you spent it.

Have a pleasant night. best to all fishing this week.
   Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1777 on: Mar 28, 2023, 09:53 PM »
Temp in the cabin dropped to 51* by morning but climbed fairly quickly once I fiered up the generator so the fan could move the air around also had to do my stove maintenance to get it humming again.
Stove has been on low since 11AM. Temp has been steady around 71*.  ;D

Didn't do a lick of work today.
Just chilled on the couch watching TV.

Have to go into town tomorrow. Got a call that my solar panels are here. Go in, load up the trailer and pick up my sleeping bag and head back out to the cabin.   :)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1778 on: Mar 29, 2023, 04:46 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+10 with a real feel of 0 this morning. Looks like some rain/sleet/snow in the forecast :cookoo:

Just a quick "Hello" as we get ready to head north and pick up my wife's car. They told us they would give updates as the work progressed. Yesterday they called for the first time to say it was finished ???

Hope everyone has a good "Hump Day" :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1779 on: Mar 29, 2023, 05:01 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello here too, we're heading east to MA to stay with the grandkids for a few days while their Mom & Dad take a little vacation  :thumbsup:

WS.....safe travels today, sounds like it could get a little dicey before all is said and done    :whistle:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1780 on: Mar 29, 2023, 05:03 AM »
               Good morning ER's,
                         It's 21* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Dave........I'm glad to read that your solar panels are in. :thumbsup: Where are you installing them at the cabin? I assume after all is said
               and done, that you shouldn't need the generator to run the fan. :flex:
                         Fish.........I know that seeing something you've owned for awhile go is hard to do. :(
                         Wally.......Yesterday's dusting is just to let us know that winter isn't done just because it's spring. :woot:
                         H2l..........I got a haircut like Scout but I didn't see my winter coat come out when the they washed my hair. :roflmao: I bet Scout looks better
               than I do. :woot:
                         Steve.......Thank you for the warning on the ground beef. I'll check my freezer. :whistle: Most of the cadets at NYMA that played Lacrosse didn't
               play in a youth league. They just decided that it's something they would like to do.  :whistle: The public school I came from didn't have it either. :blink:
                         Eddie.......Like Steve advised, I wouldn't put away the snow removal tools just yet. :whistle:
                         Marv........Hopefully Jo will get her car back soon. :unsure: How is the walking going? ??? You posted while I was pecking away, I'm glad to read
                that Jo's car is ready. :thumbsup: :clap:
                         Just another day of puttering for me.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1781 on: Mar 29, 2023, 05:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D   Clear and calm 26*, high of 51 forecasted.

Dave…good job taking the day off and just relaxing, glad the stove is performing well and keeping the cabin toasty!   Have a safe trip today picking up your solar panels!  :clap:  How far is your cabin from town?
  Steve…Thank You and appreciate the info on the beef recall, will have to look into that.  :thumbsup:  Very sad news about the local man losing his life to the 14 year old car thief..youthful offender in NY, will probably only get a slap on the wrist with the charges.  :cookoo: Shovel and snowblower will be on standby for awhile yet…
  FH4…good news on the truck fix, hope it worked out well for you on the test drive!   :thumbsup:
  H2..hope your nephew is seeing some good yields of sap now!  :thumbsup:  Sounds like Scout had a good trip to the groomer.  Have a Newfie mix and German Shepard ready for the same shedding their winter coats.
  Wally…Thank You, glad you were able to get a jump start on the raking already!  :thumbsup:  Calling for some rain coming in again over the next week, might see the lawn again here soon!  ;D. Have a safe trip and enjoy the visit!  :clap:
  Jeff…wow, thanks for sharing the picture! The picnic table has a ways to go yet… :woot:  Hope once the melting starts you don’t have another problem with the bridge again….there’s going to be a lot of water heading down stream soon with all that snow!  Having the same trouble with my winter coat as you… :whistle:
  Marv…did you get a chance to hear that 44 bark on the range yesterday?  ;D  Excellent news on the car, Jo must be happy…have a safe trip!  :clap:

One of the issues I had with my truck was a bad ABS Module ( Anti Lock Brake ) and it wasn’t allowing communication for reading codes etc. Going through the dealer, removal/replacement and reprogramming was going to run around $1200 plus. Found a place in Buford Georgia named UpFix that rebuilds the module without having to reprogram the original part. Sent that to them last Tuesday, and it should arrive tomorrow…$327.00 all in. Will keep you posted….Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1782 on: Mar 29, 2023, 05:52 AM »
18* and clear.

WW, safe travels.

Eddie, good to hear that the doctor appointments are going OK. Good find on the ABS module repair.

IW, the wife gave me a haircut a week or so back, felt like my hat slipped over my ears.

Not much planned for today, I do have a Dr. appt this PM.

Have a good day and be safe.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1783 on: Mar 29, 2023, 03:59 PM »
Eddie
It's about an hours drive from the cabin to home. 2 hour round trip.
Got the solar panels out to the cabin. Will start hauling up the hill tomorrow.

PS. I remembered my sleeping bag.  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1784 on: Mar 29, 2023, 04:19 PM »
Got a call from shipping container asking if this Friday would work, hope it doesn’t turn muddy, could have some rain.

Dave looks like you’re in a different world.
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1785 on: Mar 29, 2023, 07:43 PM »
Well made it home today in time to help get the green Chili made, run the truck around and see how the brakes worked, and play in the boat. The boy had most the gear stowed and he did a good job, just had to fix a few things and move a couple things around but all in all he had it good. Fishing poles are aboard and ready for the season. Only a few hours of OT so far as long as I make it all the way through Friday. I think after tomorrow I will be all OT for Friday. Well hope everyone had a good hump day, now on to a good Thursday.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1786 on: Mar 29, 2023, 09:57 PM »
Good evening reached around fifty for the day's high temperature. rain forecast for the overnight hours into morning commute time. So possible Eddie,H2l and IW may see some more snow or a wintry mix.
Whopper Stopper may you and your wife be happy with the car repair . i sure your wife is happy to have her ride back and return the rental vehicle .
Wallyworld may this post find you safely at your son's home in MA. after a problem free trip. A good vacation wished for your son and DIL. Enjoy your time with the grandchildren.
Ice Wanderer you are welcome hopefully you will not have any of the affected ground beef in your freezer . I also appreciate your sharing the lacrosse info. since the early eighties Yorktown has been one of the more successful programs in Westchester county. Long Island and the Central NY. region where Wallyworld resides are still the hub for the sport in NY. state .
Eddie may you also find no packages of the recalled ground beef after checking what your may have in freezer . Glad you were able to find the ABS module at a cheaper price then through a dealership . may it preform properly and you have your truck running good. I hope my comment on snow shovel and snow blower did not jinx you and others who live in the upstate sections of NY. and any snow you receive tonight be a minimal amount.
hunts2long needed to make an appointment to get my winter hair growth trimmed then i will feel like you until it grows out again .
drifter glad you were able to pick up the solar panels and transport them to your cabin. good job remembering the "Winter" sleeping bag. I have to get used to seeing the pick-up truck in your phots so used o seeing the Honda Pilot .
IFF may the ground be firm enough to prevent any major problems when the shipping container arrives on Friday.
Fish/hunt4ever may the test drive show you have brake issue repaired. Good that your son had most of gear on the new boat and store d to your liking. I think he is ready for some open water fishing. best to you with remaining days of this work week and the over time hours.
Zcm-82 seen your posts in the weather today thread i hope things are not to bad by you after all the rain. that storm system will be here later tonight. if weather Guessers are correct will have a nice friday then a rainy weekend.

everyone take care. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1787 on: Mar 30, 2023, 04:19 AM »

Good morning ER's
                         It's 16* and partly cloudy, We had a dusting over night. ::)
                         Steve.........Only a dusting is on my truck. :whistle: You're welcome on the Lacrosse information. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie.........The Hudson River didn't get the ice build up like last year, so no ice jams and bridge closure expected. :clap:
                         Marv..........I hope the trip to get Jo's car was uneventful. :unsure: How does it look? ???
                         H2l............I hope the Dr. appointment went well. :flex:
                         Wally......... I hope you had a safe trip to Mass. It was a nice day to travel. :thumbsup:
                         Dave..........I'm glad you were able to get the solar panels to the cabin. :flex: Don't over do the getting them up the hill. :blink:
                         Bud............Hopeful ly the ground isn't too soggy when the container arrives. :unsure:
                         Fish............Your son must be very excited to have the new boat to get the gear stowed away. :woot:
                         Last evening I attended the spring concert at the Warrensburg School for the Third and Fourth graders put on. My grandson Carson and
                granddaughter Emma were performing. It was an excellent job by both of them.
                         Today I'm going to attempt to get into my pontoon boat and see if the mice or squirrels had a field day in there over the winter.
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stat Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1788 on: Mar 30, 2023, 04:51 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  21* and windy here this am, high of 36 today. Looks like about an inch or less of fresh snow on the steps from the dog tracks.

Jeff…congrats to Carson and Emma with their performance..sounds like a proud GrandPa to me!  :bow:  Hope the boat escaped the mice! Saw on the news the Lake George mayor retired yesterday after 52 years service, heck of a run!  :thumbsup:
  Steve..no jinx, just a light nuisance snow overnight…not even worth shoveling!  ;D  Didn’t find any of the recalled ground beef, thanks again for the update on that. FedEx estimates my part should arrive between 10-1:30 today… :thumbsup:
  FH4…good news on both the truck and boat, bet you’re all anxious to get a maiden voyage in!  :clap: That OT will come in handy, did you give that new rig a name yet?
  Bud…will keep the fingers crossed for you with the weather, hope everything falls into place Friday!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…thanks for sharing the picture and info!  Hope the solar panels are manageable by yourself, will be looking forward to your next report…be safe!    :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2…hope your Dr.’s appointment went well yesterday!  :thumbsup:  How’s the reservoir looking?
  Wally…GrandMa and GrandPa haven’t been spoiling the grandchildren have they?  ;D  Hope you’re all having a great time together!!  :clap:
  Marv…what’s on today’s planner? Hope Jo’s car was ready, waiting and looking like new again!   :thumbsup:

Early Dr. appointment this morning and hopefully my FedEx package arriving on schedule. Seeing some signs of Spring in my raised beds yesterday, some garlic popping up in areas not covered with snow.
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1789 on: Mar 30, 2023, 05:24 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie….good luck at the doctors, hope the truck part arrives today

IW…..hope you find the toon in good shape, dang rodents can do a lot of damage over the winter

WS….fingers crossed the car is good as new again

Drifter….slow and steady gets the job done

H2L….hope all went well with your doctors appointment

Drive was uneventful, perfect weather!!

Enjoying a cup of coffee before the kids feet hit the floor

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1790 on: Mar 30, 2023, 05:46 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

11 degrees with a wintry mix this afternoon. The guessers are calling for another round of snow tomorrow night into Saturday. 10+ possible with 45mph winds, looks like winter isn't ready to pack her bags yet.

mr.clean...My wife was very happy to trade the rental in.  She just laughed when they asked if she had any interest in buying it.

IW...Sounds like Carson and Emma did an excellent job :clap: :clap: The car looks great. The original estimate was for $7000. They did find a couple things they missed, so the total ended up being $8200.

Eddie...Best wishes for a good appointment this morning :thumbsup: I dropped my .44 off yesterday for a trigger job. The factory trigger was about 6 pounds, I want it at 3#. Sounds like about 3 weeks to get it back.

WW...Enjoy the quiet as long as it lasts ;D Hope the hound is being good for you :thumbsup:

Not a lot going on today. I have to stock the wood box and double check the levels in the snow blower. Besides the storm that's expected tomorrow night, they are watching another big system for the middle of next week. At this point let her buck!

Almost time for a walk.

Hope you all have a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1791 on: Mar 30, 2023, 05:59 AM »
18* and a few clouds.

WW, glad you had good weather for the drive.

IW, I sometimes wonder how the critters even get into the boat. Glad you enjoyed the kid's program.

WS, sounds like you are having the Winter that never ends out your way.

Eddie, the lake has been going down about a foot a week for the past month. They usually close the gates around the 1st of April. Open water all the south of Sport Island and the ice is looking pretty gray.

Drifter, take it easy moving those panels.

The doctor's appt. went well, had a EKG, Ultrasound, etc. He did lower one of my meds.

Not much planned for today, be well...h2l

Behind the Sugar House.
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1792 on: Mar 30, 2023, 08:00 AM »
Good morning, so much for sleeping in, Jake says NO WAY. Another frosty morning om my hill.

Daughter tells me a front window was bashed out on the northern camp house, but didn’t think they got in.  :%$#!: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1793 on: Mar 30, 2023, 11:18 AM »
Steve
Don't get too used to the little red truck.
The new one should be here soon.  ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1794 on: Mar 30, 2023, 08:32 PM »
Well, didn'tdo a whole lot today.
Disassembled the crate so I can movethe solar panels up to the cabin.
Moved and packed snow and restocked my pellet storage box.
Will move some panels tomorrow.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1795 on: Mar 30, 2023, 09:35 PM »
 Good evening cooler here today with the day's high temperature only reaching 43 and 10-15 mph winds. The last weather report i checked now has rain forecast for Friday and Saturday with a break on Sunday before more rain arrives on Monday. I did hear my first lawn mower of Spring today . If you have watched the news over past few days you know the since the school shootings in Nashville there has been a flood of "Swatting" phone calls to school districts across the country saying they are going to be site of a shooting. This hit here in the Mid Hudson valley today one of the school districts in Putnam county received notice that it's high school was in danger so the school was locked down while police searched and cleared the building. Children at this district's middle and elementary schools were sheltered in place.  Update on my BIL he is now doing some walking in and on side street by their home. So far all of his PT sessions have gone well.
Ice Wanderer sounds like a nice evening watching two of your grandchildren preform as part of the Spring concert at their school . May you have found the pontoon boat free of rodent activity and damage. Good to read there is no likelihood of ice jams on the Hudson by you this year and local bridge should not get flooded out .
Eddie may you have the ABS module so it can be installed and you have your truck back on the road or closer to being drivable.
Wallyworld hope you enjoyed the quite time before the grandchildren woke up and you had to get them off to school or other activities if they are already on Spring break .
Whopper Stopper looks like you will be dealing with winter weather for another week or longer good you have a large wood supply for your stove. I assume insurance is covering a portion of repair bill on your wife's car. guessing it is a fairly new vehicle if it was not declared totaled with such a high estimated repair bill.
Hunts2long glad your doctors appointment went well and you now will be taking a lower dosage of one of your medications . thank you for the photo.
IFF once the WI. camp house is checked over may it show no signs of being burglarized. best to you with the shipping container delivery tomorrow.
Drifter thank you for refreshing my memory your current truck is a temporary vehicle while you wait for delivery of the new truck . Go to read you are pacing yourself with unloading the solar panels and other work at the cabin . I assume after all your medical issues this past year things have gotten behind schedule.

May everyone stay safe and keep healthy. Best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1796 on: Mar 30, 2023, 10:26 PM »
Steve
Been just over 3 years since I first got sick. Was actually feeling my old self last fall and the got COVID again.  :'(

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1797 on: Mar 31, 2023, 04:20 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 16* and clear here on my hill, with rain and maybe some snow moving in later. ::)
                            H2l.........Thanks for sharing the picture of the deer. :thumbsup: I'm glad your doctor appointment went well. :flex: It's always a good sign when
                  the Dr. reduces a medication. :clap:
                            Bud........Could the broken window been caused by a bird flying into it? ??? Hopefully your delivery goes well today. :whistle:
                            Marv.......Winter doesn't want to let go of it's grip :cookoo: Hopefully everything is ready t go. :unsure:
                            Eddie......The raised beds probably melt faster than the natural ground does. :blink: I hope your package arrived and the module is in place. :unsure:
                            Wally.......How is it going out there with the grandkids? ???
                            Steve......If your hearing lawn mowers your right spring is here for you, but for up here we have a ways to go. :whistle:
                            Dave.......Take it easy getting the panels up to your cabin, you don't have to rush. :blink: :unsure:
                            Yesterday I got into my pontoon boat and found only a few pieces of corn on one of the seats, and a petrified mouse in a trap, and no damage.
                            I have decided to sell the toon, we just didn't use enough. so a friend is coming later today to check it out.
                            Not much going on today, My second son's father in law has invited me to lunch at Golden Corral, they have a reduced rate on Friday's for us
                   seniors.
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1798 on: Mar 31, 2023, 04:35 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Almost time to flip the calendar again…Happy April Eve!  ;D  Clear and 20* on the Hill this am, high of 41 today with rain moving in this afternoon.

Dave…good things take time, glad you’re pacing yourself and keep up the good work!  :clap:  Hope the new trail up to the cabin works out well with today’s project…take er easy and don’t overdo it, best wishes are with you!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…had several schools in the Albany area on lockdown yesterday with the Swatting calls..I just don’t get it.  :cookoo:  Received my part late afternoon and it will be installed this morning, fingers crossed! Very good news on your BIL, best to him improving each passing day!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…sorry to read that about the attempted break in, damn!  :%$#!:  Have you got any security cameras there or possibly a neighbor who does?
  H2…good news on the Dr. appointment and thanks for the update on the reservoir! Awesome picture at the sugar shack, warmer temps coming in tomorrow should get the sap flowing.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…man, winter just doesn’t want to leave out your way yet! Hopefully it stays on the lower end and that other system fizzles out. Good luck in the coming weeks with the 44, hope the new mod on the trigger is just what you’re looking for!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you’re having a great time with the grandchildren!  :clap:  Opening Day for all the Major League Baseball teams was yesterday…is Fenway Park close to the area?
  Jeff…glad the ice jams won’t be a problem at the bridge, imagine the river is going to be running pretty wild up there soon with the rain and warmer temps coming. Good news on no damage to the pontoon, best of luck with the sale today!  :clap:

Dr.’s appointment went well yesterday, thanks for the best wishes all, another scheduled for this morning. :thumbsup: 
  Pretty well set for tomorrow’s Opener for trout except for the rain expected. Will see what happens, looks like it will be clearer mid morning.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1799 on: Mar 31, 2023, 05:19 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie….good luck if you hit the streams later. Fenway is about 30 miles NE of here

WS…..hope the snow stayed on the lower end, sending warm thoughts your way

IW…..sorry to hear the toon is going but understand the reasoning, good luck with the sale

MrC…..spring break is 2 weeks away out here

IFF…..thieves are about the worst, don’t take what isn’t yours!! Pretty simple concept

H2L….glad all went well at your appointment

Another few quiet moments before the day begins.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.