The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2022 Fishing Summary book says it !  (Read 899 times)

Offline LEN F

• Team IceShanty Regular
2022 Fishing Summary book says it !
« on: Nov 24, 2021, 06:29 AM »
I know the change had been announced but here it is in black and white in the 2022 Summary book.

ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT. It is unlawful while ice fishing to use more than five fishing devices, which may
consist of rods, hand lines, tip-ups, or any combination. Each device shall contain a single fishing line with no restriction on the number of hooks used for fishing, except when fishing in the Pymatuning Reservoir where no more than three hooks shall be attached to each line. Self-hooking devices such as jaw jackers and automated fisherman are allowed. Holes cut in ice may not exceed 10 inches between the farthest points as measured in any direction. All lines, rods, or tip-ups shall be under the immediate control of the person using them. On Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission lakes, shelters or shanties must be removed when through fishing for the day.

Here is the link ... https://www.fishandboat.com/Fish/FishingRegulations/Documents/2022summarybook.pdf
I have the burning desire to go fishing although I know, that if I never catch another fish, that I have caught enough fish!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2022 Fishing Summary book says it !
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2021, 06:45 AM »
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  @) @) @) ;D ;D ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline russelln114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2021, 10:20 PM »
Thank you to everyone who has helped us make these legal.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2021, 11:55 AM »
 Glad they got that straightened out but still have a problem with the "must be under the immediate control" line. Too much room for interpretation by WCO's. 50 ft.? Yards? Maybe 100 ft. or yards whose to say?

Offline PennAngler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2021, 03:42 PM »
Good! Now I don't have to break the law any more....

Offline namkeng

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2021, 09:39 AM »
Glad they got that straightened out but still have a problem with the "must be under the immediate control" line. Too much room for interpretation by WCO's. 50 ft.? Yards? Maybe 100 ft. or yards whose to say?

Lots of stuff like that in PA.

I actually called out to Harrisburg once for a question about a special regulation area and was told "it is up to the interpretation of the conservation officer on the scene."

???

Offline Flyboyroy35

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2021, 03:55 PM »
I'm going to use couple of jawjackers this year,  but I'm going to  keep them real close so that the WCO doesn't have to interpret.   The WCOs need to adapt to the new rules same as we do.  Next year everyone will have it figured  out.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2021, 04:55 PM »
I think we should petition the pa fish commission to limit the number of panfish to 20 per peson. The small lakes are getting cleaned out the first month of ice. Many sportsmen I talked to agree with this change.
AKA Dinkmaster

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.