Author Topic: Best perch lake in Saskatchewan  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Walleyekid1

• IceShanty Rookie
Best perch lake in Saskatchewan
« on: Nov 23, 2021, 08:12 PM »
Hey everyone,
I am starting to get into ice fishing quite a bit and am looking to broaden the target species. I haven't really targeted perch except for a few times on Blackstrap. What lakes in the province (North and South) would be a suggestion to getting into some nice eating size perch?

gman51

Re: Best perch lake in Saskatchewan
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2021, 07:51 AM »
i would go on line or pick up a 2021-2022 Saskatchewan anglers guide. in there you will find lots of lakes in all 3 regions that have detailed info on specific lakes and what swims in them.. i'm sure now a days a lot of people simply go on-line and purchase their fishing license and don't bother to take the time and read up on the latest fishing regulations. there's a lot of helpful info to get a person pointed in the right direction on searching for certain species on different lakes. then of course put in your time. good luck.

Offline DoubleHookSet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2021, 09:33 AM »
Great advice rip. I'll add that the sk ministry of fisheries has some awesome information on stock reports and the fish facts in the results link:
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/parks-culture-heritage-and-sport/hunting-trapping-and-angling/angling/fish-populations-management-and-research
Im no expert but reading the fish facts and stock reports can help guide you. Good luck!

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2021, 12:24 PM »
Around Saskatoon, for perch, avoid Brightwater lake and Iroquois lake. Perch there seems only finger size. Lakes Diefenbaker, Blackstrap and Bradwell are fine with jumbos.

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2021, 08:27 PM »
Don't forget about Last Mountain Lake as well. Lots of lake to try between Etters and TTT Beach.

Offline FlyFisherMan101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2021, 08:25 AM »
How about prince albert sask area everyone,are there any decent places anymore to catch
decent sized perch north of prince albert.My fav little lake winter kills often so they never grow
very big.When i lived in saskatoon we had lots of places to catch perch.Whats it like to get on to
bittern lake in winter as well.Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help with the p/a area

Offline slicktrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2021, 09:07 AM »

I'm assuming the little lake that often winter kills near Prince Albert is Round lake you are referring to. If your in that area Sturgeon would be the nearest lake to recommend for perch. Its been a few years but I used to walk straight out from the park boat launch to the drop off. Mostly small perch but the odd keeper and hammer handle in the mix. 

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2021, 11:45 AM »
Hear of the odd group getting lucky with perch on Cowan.

Offline FlyFisherMan101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2021, 03:17 PM »
Thanks slicktrick and ranger7 yes round lake is one of them and eagle lake as well
they winter killed there to a few years back and i havent heard if the pop is comming back
yet or not.Some say they have some luck on bittern and anglin lake to but havent heard
much about these places lately

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.