Author Topic: Fishing 13 Reel Bands?????  (Read 2637 times)

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishing 13 Reel Bands?????
« Reply #30 on: Nov 29, 2021, 06:47 PM »
Looks like Coband/self adhesive bandage. He's got some good colors. I always tucked the end under my last couple wraps when I used it because it seemed to come loose. I guess I wrap weird though. I usually use one piece wrapping from top to bottom slightly overlapping. I switched to silicone tape because coband seemed to absorb some slime/smell

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Nov 29, 2021, 08:21 PM »
Looks like Coband/self adhesive bandage. He's got some good colors. I always tucked the end under my last couple wraps when I used it because it seemed to come loose. I guess I wrap weird though. I usually use one piece wrapping from top to bottom slightly overlapping. I switched to silicone tape because coband seemed to absorb some slime/smell

I think you are right, I had to look up Coban, but it does look like it might be the same stuff. It’s thin and very stretchy, but tough, like it didn’t feel like it wanted to tear when putting it on. I stretched it pretty good, used a couple pieces 8” or so, and it is holding the reel on rock solid. I could see where it might absorb some smell/slime like you said, I’d think with its rough surface, it would be impossible to clean if needed. I’ll see how it goes, if I have to re-wrap it a couple times a season to keep it clean, not the worst thing in the world

Offline Flatrocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Nov 30, 2021, 03:33 PM »
I have tried numerous methods.
Back to:
Put on a single layer of painter's masking tape, easy change, doesn't leave residue.
Then electrical tape. It wipes clean, can be replaced easy as well.
Thin feel on handle.

Offline BreweryBuilder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Nov 30, 2021, 07:44 PM »
I put on a reel earlier today with some reel wrap from DH and it worked really nice. I think I like it better than the silicone tape. Not sure exactly what it is, I’m guessing DH isn’t the only source

https://www.dhcustomrods.com/product-page/dh-pro-wrap

That is cohesive bandage. You can get it for a fraction of the cost when it isn't labeled for "ice fishing". I got a bag of 10 or 12 rolls of all different colors that size for 7-8 bucks

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #34 on: Nov 30, 2021, 08:08 PM »
I have taken electrical tape and wrapped it tightly with the sticky side up. Then I have positioned the reel where I want it and wrapped it with electrical tape the normal way. I did this for years until I decided to use the silicone electrical tape. Wrapping the plastic tape like this leaves no residue when you remove it.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.