Author Topic: Jiffy Torch synthetic auger.  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Jiffy Torch synthetic auger.
« Reply #30 on: Nov 16, 2021, 08:54 PM »
Whatever guy   ::) I took the time to get you a picture and told you what it is. If calling the plastic collar aluminum makes you feel better about your purchase and return, call it what you need to :whistle: hopefully you find something that suits your needs

I meant no offense. In the picture it just looked like aluminum with a coating.

If it’s the plastic/composite like the cutting head is made from that the blades are mounted to…I’d think it add more support then a guy thinks….that stuff is pretty tuff.

Thank you for the picture.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 16, 2021, 09:05 PM »
Acme had $209, didn’t check shipping. I still think if you wait they will be down by when you need it. Mine was $129 or $149 (?) right after Thanksgiving at Fleet.

Well…When I returned my jiffy torch, I didn’t have the receipt so I ended up with a gift card to fleet…….they didn’t have a pistol bit in…..and they didn’t have them online…..🤞🏻They come in and are on sale for $150

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Nov 16, 2021, 09:29 PM »
I meant no offense. In the picture it just looked like aluminum with a coating.

If it’s the plastic/composite like the cutting head is made from that the blades are mounted to…I’d think it add more support then a guy thinks….that stuff is pretty tuff.

Thank you for the picture.

It's all good just was a little frustrated I had  taken the time to take the darn thing apart again for a pic to be told it was aluminum   ;D

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 17, 2021, 11:23 AM »
Well…When I returned my jiffy torch, I didn’t have the receipt so I ended up with a gift card to fleet…….they didn’t have a pistol bit in…..and they didn’t have them online…..🤞🏻They come in and are on sale for $150
the Pistol was $150? Amazing the profit there must be.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Nov 17, 2021, 11:34 AM »

I haven't seen any Mills flyer with that price ($150) or the Pistol Bit advertised by Mills ..they have a handful of flyers from now till Black Friday posted  able to be viewed. I believe Agronomist_at_IA is referring to end of last season clearance/sale/reduced price of $150..which was an in-store only price ..with limited availability . This season its MSRP is $229 I have seen it from $229 to $249.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Nov 17, 2021, 12:05 PM »
My contact at Marine General said Pistol Bits aren't expected to arrive until mid December.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 17, 2021, 02:38 PM »
I haven't seen any Mills flyer with that price ($150) or the Pistol Bit advertised by Mills ..they have a handful of flyers from now till Black Friday posted  able to be viewed. I believe Agronomist_at_IA is referring to end of last season clearance/sale/reduced price of $150..which was an in-store only price ..with limited availability . This season its MSRP is $229 I have seen it from $229 to $249.

Yep...this.

Last year I think $199 was the retail price. Multiple places had sales throught the year last year for $150 on the pistol. I'm kicking myself for not picking up the one pistol bit they had for $150 last year on sale......Had it in my hand....put it back....then the next time I was in the store was going to get it but they were all sold out. Hence why I'm holding out trying to find a new one for $150.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #37 on: Nov 17, 2021, 02:41 PM »

I bet true cost to make it.....$15.

Offline Sparkle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Nov 18, 2021, 09:19 PM »
Hey guys . Here is a buddy of mine that just posted a video on the Torch . Check it out !!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.