Author Topic: Longer hard shell rod case  (Read 672 times)

Offline Scrunt

• IceShanty Rookie
Longer hard shell rod case
« on: Nov 11, 2021, 11:20 PM »
I’ve got some longer ice rods in my arsenal, 43,39,38,31 inch that I like taking with me on the ice. I use hard shell rifle case and it works well but I’d like to be able to have storage for baits and whatever else I could use. Anyone have a recommendation on a good solid rod case that will withstand -35 days in Saskatchewan getting beaten up in a sleigh on some longer trips? Or even any modifications made to other rifle cases?

Thanks team, let’s hope for a cold snap here soon. 

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Longer hard shell rod case
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2021, 12:08 AM »
I'm in the same boat.  Getting some longer rods this year so I need something new.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2021, 07:55 AM »
Flambeau is the one you can get at cabelas or the fishing hole here. I think they call them rod bunks. I've got one and it is holding up for 2 years now. I can get my 42" rods in it and it fits 4-6 rods with reels. To get 6 in some will need to be smaller rods. Of course it's over priced but it is sturdy and holds everything tight.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2021, 08:10 AM »
I have the Scheels 2.0 rod case, It's big, bulky, and pricey but holds everything I need it too... It's described as a 42" case but if I remember correctly it's a bit bigger, I can put a tape across the inside when I get out of work to see the actual dimensions.
https://www.scheels.com/p/scheels-outfitters-ultimate-2.0-ice-combo-case/08227100172.html?store=&gclid=CjwKCAiAvriMBhAuEiwA8Cs5lSPRTbq7PFaM60Zsi3lGXYaqS0qdsEB5C4LPCVBzwCXZCaeWCDsvlhoCDowQAvD_BwE
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.