Author Topic: Lockdown Tickets?  (Read 1091 times)

Offline cdwester

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing better than hot fishing on a cold day!
Lockdown Tickets?
« on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:42 AM »
Anyone getting tickets while ice fishing during this stay at home order?

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: Lockdown Tickets?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:47 AM »
Nah! Plenty of social distance. If someone drills too close I fire up the Bluetooth speaker, play opera real loud and lit up a cigar.  ;)2 They usually don't hang around long. Who's gonna come out on the middle of a lake with no one else close and say you gotta stay home? Don't the Mounties have anything better to do?

Of course I'm not North of the Border so what do I know  ::)
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2021, 10:23 AM »
My guess would be that CO's would be the most likely to monitor group activity on the lake, but have not heard of any fines in our area.  I had a CO stop by the perm shack the other day (I was there alone), I asked him in, but he said they are not allowed to enter a shack now because of Covid restrictions, he did not ask to see a license, but since he knew me I was not surprised, later I have heard that they are not asking to see anybody's license right now.  My area is not very populated, maybe down east they may be watching a little closer.

Offline cdwester

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing better than hot fishing on a cold day!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2021, 11:56 AM »
I wouldn't think there would be an issue, just curious if anyone has been stopped. Only guy I heard of was the owner of that shack in North Bay who decided to throw a party. Even then, only the owner got a ticket.

Offline IveGotWorms

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hunting giant eyes
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2021, 07:31 PM »
The OFAH had already released a statement. Ice fishing is exercise. You can travel to exercise. As long as you follow MOH guidelines your fine. Not a thing they can do.

Offline Hkb82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2021, 11:43 AM »
I spoke to an opp officer in my area and he said it was no problem as long as your not fishing in large groups and following social distance rules. He ended it with a good luck and have fun. Was enough for me

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.