Author Topic: Lighted firefly?  (Read 613 times)

Offline Noah H.

• IceShanty Rookie
Lighted firefly?
« on: Nov 20, 2021, 07:31 PM »

Good evening.  Not that great at technology, but hopefully the picture got through.  Any of you try the “lighted firefly” before?  I got it in something called Mystery Tackle Box for ice fishing because I thought it could be fun to try out, and the jig looks interesting.  The only problem is that the dang thing won’t turn on.  Any tips or hints are greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lighted firefly?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2021, 08:15 PM »
Website says it's activated when put in water and turns off when taken out...  Sounds magical to me!

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lighted firefly?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2021, 11:31 AM »
Though I've never tried this particular lure water activated lights have been around for many years.
They were marketed up here for saltwater fishing hanging on your line and supposedly light up and attract more fish.
Then when they dry out the light goes out preserving your battery life.
For saltwater fishing I saw no advantage so I quit using them.
That and sometimes there was moisture in your tackle box and I didn't dry out completely in the battery went dead before the next use anyway.
If you dip this jig completely in water and it doesn't work then most likely the battery is dead and it never will come on again.
My preference is actually glow in the dark powder paint when I want my lure to light up.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.