Author Topic: Aftermarket batteries for your drill  (Read 1002 times)

Offline .Pan Handler

• IceShanty Rookie
Aftermarket batteries for your drill
« on: Oct 28, 2018, 08:07 AM »
I have a Dewalt Lithium Ion 18V XRP I use for my 6” Nils and one of the batteries totally but the dust recently and won’t take a charge anymore. A Dewalt replacement battery is $110! So I found some aftermarket knockoffs on EBay (such as the link below) wheris you can buy Li-Ion batteries significantl cheaper not to mention can get the standard 2 amp but also 3 amp and 4 amp. Anyone use these knock off batteries? I would love to have a few extra batteries for out on the ice as I drill tons of holes usually and often run out of juice. Any feedback would be great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-2-0AH-18V-XRP-Lightweight-Lithium-Ion-Tower-Battery-for-DeWalt-DC9182-DC9181/163096199679?hash=item25f94a81ff:g:94cAAOSwGqxbIbkb:sc:USPSPriority!53714!US!-1

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Aftermarket batteries for your drill
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2018, 09:10 AM »
If it were me, I would probably spend the extra $25 for the originals then I know what I am getting. But it would also depend on how much I plan on using it. Sometimes the refurbs don't hold the charge as long as the new ones. jmo
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2018, 09:14 AM »
I bought some CSJ 12v batteries for a Dewalt a couple of years ago because I was a cheap smack. Definitely not worth it. Those tended to lose their charge very quickly simply sitting.  >:(
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline coho

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2018, 12:01 PM »
I have the same drill and purchased a 2 pack of Munikind 3.6 Ah batteries #DC9096 on Amazon 6 months ago.. Haven't used them on the ice yet but they are holding a charge and seem to power my 18V Dewalts fine. Price point is $34.99 for two. I'm sure there are after markets that are junk but these have a good 1 year, 30 day money back warranty.  Good Fishin !
" When the fish are really hitting it's all skill, when they're not it's just bad luck. "

Offline coho

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2018, 12:44 PM »
These are the Ni-Mh batteries not the Lithium Ion, but I noticed that Amazon has the 4Ah Dewalt brand for $ 98 a 2 pack. I've started replacing my  cordless dewalt tools with 20V brushless models so I didn't want to invest too much in more 18V's.
" When the fish are really hitting it's all skill, when they're not it's just bad luck. "

Offline .Pan Handler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies so far. From what I understand there would be no harm to my drill to use the Nicad batteries instead of Lithium right. I bought the Li Ion model right away but I can use either type of battery right? Just a lot less longevity with the Nicads. I guess same question applies to my charger, can charge either battery type.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2018, 06:07 AM »
There is a YouTube video testing the knock off Milwaukee m18's to the real ones.   

It basically came down to the knock offs worked great for most people unless you are using them in cold weather then they didn't put out the power like the OEM.
Don

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.