Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608437 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #26310 on: Jan 18, 2022, 07:39 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

We reached a high of 43 today, but things are tumbling as tomorrow will be 44 degrees cooler with 30-35mph winds.

Not a lot to report from today's outing. I fished this morning until 9am then went back this afternoon for a couple hours. This morning a couple walleyes stopped to check out my dead stick but they kept going. I had a hard time keeping the northerns off my jig as they came in wild.

This afternoon was very quiet except for the pounding wind. It will be interesting to see how the buddy heater does keeping things warm tomorrow and especially Thursday morning with -16 to start and a high of -5 predicted. Not expecting a lot with such rapid temperature changes, guess I will see.

Hope you all have a good evening  :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #26311 on: Jan 19, 2022, 03:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  11* and fairly calm here this am, snow showers expected for a few hours this am, high in the upper 30’s here today.

Marv…got the fingers crossed for ya that crazy weather change turns the bite on today! Hope the heater can keep up, best of luck, will be looking forward to your report…don’t forget the cookies!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  OG…hopefully you have similar weather as here today, the winds yesterday here were just fierce. I haven’t had much luck yet on the Slender spoons, but they’re with me at all times…maybe today they’ll get another workout! Good luck today finding the honey hole!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…my finger tips just started stinging looking at those temperatures, lol…WOW that’s some serious cold weather!!!  :woot:
  Wally…any ice plans made yet for you and Mr.WW going back to Erie this season?   :tipup:
  H2…best wishes sent to your sister, hope the symptoms are mild and a quick recovery.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…any fishing plans today? Best of luck to you and Jon if you’re heading out! Hopefully the winds stay calm over the next week and LG locks up!  :thumbsup:

Couple of errands on the list this am, plan on spending most of the afternoon out on the ice. Not certain yet where I’m heading, will probably stay local depending on time.
   Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26312 on: Jan 19, 2022, 05:16 AM »
Morning all, 35° and dropping fast here. It ended up at 47° yesterday afternoon. It was still 40 when I got up a couple hours ago, but we're in the crash now. It's supposed to be about 20 by noon and down around 5° by tomorrow morning.

Still no word on the car, I'm gonna call the shop later this morning to see if it's an issue of waiting on parts, or if the thing is a basket case. Hoping for the former, but with my luck, it's the latter 😒 Tomorrow is a fishcation day, so I'd really like it back so I don't have to try to bum the Jeep off the old man again to haul my fish house.

masoneddie - good luck. I'm pretty much a local ice guy, too. Driving 3-4 hours to fish half a day isn't worth it to me.

WS - same here. We're going into a 35-40 degree drop in 24 hours. I'm just hoping it has the fish on, and not shut off tomorrow.

Drifter - that's what ya get for choosing to live where your closest neighbors are muskox and polar bears  :roflmao: I wish it was a bit colder here in the winters, but I don't miss weather like that one iota.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26313 on: Jan 19, 2022, 05:34 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....fingers crossed the heater keeps you toasty and the eyes are hungry  ;)2

Z.....hope you get good news on the car today  :) 

Eddie.....hoping to get out local by week's end  :tipup:  good luck later  ;)

IW.....good luck if you're on the ice today  :icefish:

OG......one is better than none  :thumbsup:  the wind will end the day fast  >:(

Still need to pick up an old snowmobile track for the trailer floor this morning then get all our gear together and loaded so we'll be ready for the first outing of the season  :clap: :thumbsup: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26314 on: Jan 19, 2022, 05:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 4* and cloudy here on my here om my hill.
                          I'm not out on the ice yet, I over slept. :o
                          H2l............I'm sorry to read about your sister having covid, she must have the new variance because the symptoms seem to be
                 light. :unsure: My #3 son is going through the same thing and he only felt bad for a day or 2.  :whistle:
                          Wally.........That sure was a crazy storm with the different changes from on spot to another, we had all snow. :cookoo:
                          Marv..........Funny how the Eyes just looked at it and the Northerns were. :cookoo:
                          Eddie.........Jon and I are going out this afternoon as well not sure where yet.  :unsure: Good luck on your outing.
                          Zcm..........I hope the shop is waiting on parts. ???
                          Yesterday after doing my final snow removal, I took a ride down to Lake George to check things out. It will be good to go in a couple of days.
                  While I was there I took some more pictures of the Ice Castles.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26315 on: Jan 19, 2022, 06:14 AM »
Some pics inside ice castles in Alaska

Pretty amazing creations  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26316 on: Jan 19, 2022, 06:47 AM »
10* and cloudy.
Thanks for the thoughts of my sister. Didn't hear anything yesterday.
WS, hope the heater keeps you warm and I hope the fish are active.
After the wife takes her morning vitals and meds I will take a ride to see if the gate has been opened at the campsite.
Eddie, good luck if hitting the ice.
IW, thanks for sharing the pictures, COOL.
Took a ride up to Benson (where I hunt and brother lives) yesterday PM, this snow really moved the deer. Very few tracks and most of the deer were down lower.
Not much planned for today, Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26317 on: Jan 19, 2022, 10:12 AM »
Well yesterday the temps hit around 50 and was about 45 out at the lake from the reports I received. Today is the last day for work and head out to play at the derby tomorrow, hopefully can get the spot I want, heard that people were already out at the lake fishing from one bay south that I used to fish, but heard some good news as people were catching some perch so hopefully I can find them where I am going to try and get to, have some guys I met going to try and save a spot as they should be pulling in today.  Well better get back to work as the clouds have moved in and the high for today only supposed to be 28 so making ice today all day.  Be safe out there everyone.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26318 on: Jan 19, 2022, 10:16 AM »
Just got the call. Car has a burned exhaust valve and port. At its age/mileage, it's not even worth fixing, so I'll just drive it as-is until it drops and buy something else.

It runs like garbage around town, but it smooths out halfway decent on the highway, and most of my driving is highway commute to/from work.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26319 on: Jan 19, 2022, 11:23 AM »
Good morning/afternoon everyone :bow:

Chilly start this morning at 4 below, the wind made it feel like -25. Tonight it drops to -20 by us but the wind will die down.

IW/WW....Some nice pictures :thumbsup: I saw on the news that they are busy making ice castles in the jungle. It wouldn't surprise me if during the night some use them for shelters.

Eddie/IW....Best of luck this afternoon :bow: :bow:

Z.....Sorry to read about your car. I had one with the same problem years ago and it refused to die. I think I got about 40,000 out of it before it finally croaked.

I spent the morning in Shamu. It was wild on the lake with the wind but once I was inside and cleaned the hole out and shut the door it was 70 in no time.

Just as I could make out my jig and minnow head, a hog of a carp came through about 1 1/2' under the ice. Talk about jumping, I didn't need that first thing ;D

With the big temperature swing the lake was banging and cracking almost continuously. I saw a lot of the perch on the bottom hightail it out of the hole due to the racket. I did also see 2 walleyes that swam through and 3 pike that had no interest. One small np darted in and swallowed my deadstick minnow but other than that the last thing they seemed to be interested in was eating.

I am heading back for a couple hours later this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good day, best of luck if fishing. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26320 on: Jan 19, 2022, 11:30 AM »
I already have 225k on it, another 40k would be fantastic, vs having a car payment again  ;D Frankly, if it makes it to summer I'll be happy.

Good luck this afternoon.

Down to 23° now, the wind is fuggin miserable, though. I'll be picking up my little gimpy car after work this afternoon and loading my gear into it for an outing tomorrow morning.

Making it to and from my destinations will just be like a bonus from now on  :roflmao:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26321 on: Jan 19, 2022, 04:41 PM »
Got to fish with SIL yesterday, some wind to contend with but.  Not a deal breaker at 40*  Had. Late start 11:00, never marked any fish in the first Of 10 or so locations. Went to some abandoned holes at about 4:30 and sil got a small bass right off. I ended with 12 gill’s and 4 small spotted bass, keeping 7 gill’s As light was fading fast we made it off APPROPRIATE 5:30   He is now shopping for a flasher  ;D
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26322 on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:07 PM »
Good evening 38 degrees dropping to thirty over night with snow starting after midnight forecast to receive one inch by time storms ends on Thursday. I had a nice breakfast with my sister and nephew on Tuesday morning at a diner in Mahwah,NJ. One my way home stopped at a Bagel bakery-Cafe in Rockland county. Outside the bakery/cafe what looked like a food truck was park when I got closer saw sign "The Bud Bus"  my first time seeing a rolling Pot shop. I knew NY. had legalized the sales and possession of small amounts of Pot but did not think sales had started yet guess I was wrong.
Also drove through two state parks lakes looked capped over stopped at respective visitor's centers and told lakes in each park were not open to ice fishing currently. The agency hired by NY.State to manage these parks wants a minimum of 6 inches of ice on lakes before they allow ice fishing.
Drifter may the extreme cold temperatures not cause you any problems.  Best to you on getting the work done on the SXS.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the photos of the Ice Castles. good to hear you have the driveway,front walk and back deck cleared of snow.Have fun when you make the fishing trip to lake George.
Eddie glad the snow blower worked and you had majority of snow blown before it changed to rain. Good to read your mailbox survived the town/state snowplowing. I will have to talk with other residents to find out what the towing and any storage fees were on the towed vehicles.  nice that your mom's home is offering the radip result Covid tests. I hope you did not find to much slush or overflow on today's fishing trip.
ZCM-82 sorry to hear problem with your car is not worth the cost of repair good that you can still drive the vehicle. Best to you on tomorrow's fishing trip.
Whopper Stopper good to hear your vehicles/vehicles are covered for driving on frozen lakes. I've heard differing stories about coverage over the years.  glad your Buddy heater kept Shamu warm today may the fish be more receptive to your offerings tomorrow.
Hunts2long good to read Lindsay's first outing with a snow blower went well and she had no problems with the machine.may your sister get over the Covid quickly and her symptoms be mild.
Wallyworld never fun dealing with wet heavy snow even if you have a snow blower or plow blade for your tractor. best to you in finding an old snow mobile track for the floor of trailer.  Thank you also for the photos from the ice castle you visited on the trip to Alaska.
Old Goat glad you avoided the skunk and that the fish were biting your Slender spoons.
Fish/hunt4ever best to you and your friends at the derby. also may you do good with bait minnow sales.
IFF good to read you made it safely to Iowa and had a nice outing with your SIL George. he must have enjoyed the trip if he is now shopping for a flasher.

Stay safe and healthy .best to all on your fishing trips.
  Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26323 on: Jan 19, 2022, 09:02 PM »
Well sold 8 dozen today and have another 9 dozen that guys want tomorrow and have a buddy that wants some as well so going good have paid for one order so far and now started on the other order. Still the permits costs and all so not making money but nice to have minnows on hand when I want to go fishing, just have to keep a few dozen set aside for me if sales go through the roof. Never got above freezing so should have firmed up the ice but weather guessers are calling for 40's Sunday. Looking like good weather for the derby maybe some wind Thursday night Friday but might be too nice out for the fish but have to be out to catch some. Headed out in the morning to see if I can get a spot heard the lake has several parked out there with campers and huts on the lake. Going to be interesting for sure. Have a good night everyone hopefully pictures to come of the adventure.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26324 on: Jan 20, 2022, 04:14 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 22* and cloudy here on my hill, temperatures are suppose to drop during the day. ::)
                        Fish........It will take some time recouping your investment in the equipment but it worth it to have bait at your finger tips. :flex:
                        Zcm.......I don't know what the mechanic quoted for a price to fix the valve but it still might be cheaper than a car payment? :unsure:
                        Steve.....I'm glad you had a nice time with your family. :thumbsup: State parks up here have the same rules, Moreau Park, no fishing
                until the ice is 6" or better. They had some people go through a few years back, so they don't want the liability. :whistle:
                        Marv......It must be a sight seeing fish coming in and out of the hole. :flex:
                        H2l........I guess no news is good news from your sister, I wish her well and a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:
                        Eddie.....I'll check in later to see how you made out yesterday. :blink:
                        Wally......Those are some great pictures from the ice castles in Alaska. The company that is doing the ones in LG is from Woodstock NH,
                 up there it looks luke the one you posted about. Hopefully this one will come together and be the same. :unsure: But they got a slow start due
                 to the weather. :cookoo:
                        Yesterday Jon I ended going to a lake in Argyle NY we got a mixed bag of Crappie, Bluegills and Pumpkinseeds. I'm not sure of the finale count,
                 But I have some cleaning to do this morning.
                        We got a report that a guy tried to fish Echo Bay on Lake George and went through, they got him out. Then another report that there were guys
                 fishing down at Million Dollar Beach, crazy it only froze Sunday and the snow Sunday night/Monday. :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26325 on: Jan 20, 2022, 04:31 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

-13 to kick things off, a slight breeze gives a -26 WC. They are guessing 0 for a high today.

mr.clean....I never said I had coverage driving on the lake, this is MN.

IW....Congrats on a nice mess of fish :thumbsup: Yes it fun watching the big aquarium as the lake goes about it's daily activities.

I have a few things to get ready then heading to Shamu in a bit. Yesterday afternoon the np were active but that was about it. I had a hard time keeping a bait down for awhile as the np kept streaking in to grab my baits. At dark I saw a good sized bass that was it.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS 

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26326 on: Jan 20, 2022, 05:03 AM »
Morning all, 8° and still dropping here. That makes a 32° drop in the past 24 hours, it was 40 this time yesterday morning. It's supposed to bottom out around 5 around dawn. Forecast high is 19 for the day.

Got all my gear in the car, so as soon as I get the kiddo on the school bus, I'm off to fish.

IW - the real issue is the car just isn't worth it at this point, it's a diminishing return. Just the price of buying a rebuilt head myself is higher than the value of the entire car. It's 11 years old, has some dents, dings, and rust, and 225,000 miles on it. I'll just run 'er till she pukes and then buy something else. The car has been a bit of a lemon anyway, constantly fixing stuff on it, even when it was new. I'll probably buy a Honda or Toyota next to save myself repair headaches.

mr.clean - I bet a food truck could make a fortune following the bud truck around  :roflmao:

WS - when I picked the car up yesterday the mechanic showed me a picture of when he scoped the head. Pretty good burned hole in the edge of the valve. I asked him how long he though I could run it like that. He said it's kind of unpredictable, but he guessed probably 10,000-20,000 miles before it gives up, but he has seen a couple make it over 50,000 like that.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26327 on: Jan 20, 2022, 05:46 AM »
21* and dark.
ZCM, good luck with the car issue.
F/H4, good to see business is picking up.
IW, good day on the ice.
WS, have a good day on the ice.
Be safe and stay well....h2l

The gate is open at the campsite, there will be some shanty's going out this weekend.
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26328 on: Jan 20, 2022, 07:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  23* and dropping temps throughout the day today, winds are back again 10-20mph.

H2…thanks for the info on the campground, that was one of the spots my sons and I have discussed for trying out before the tournament. Not having a 4 wheeler or a sled is surely going to limit us on where to fish and be somewhat close to one of the weigh stations if we happen to get lucky.  :thumbsup:
  Z…that sucks about the car, hope you can get a few more miles out of it…best of luck today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…sounds like you’re set up on a good area! Best of luck today, hopefully the walleyes are on the chew!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…way to go with a nice outing on the panfish, excellent job!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Glad to read they got that guy out…hopefully others will think twice before taking the risk.  :cookoo:
  FH4…hope both the weather and the fish cooperate, best of luck to you and the family with the derby!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…way to go mentoring our passion and converting some new iceaholics…might be a good idea to keep them away from the Best Deal threads for awhile!  ;D  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve…glad you had nice breakfast with the family!  :thumbsup:  The slush wasn’t too bad yesterday, but the walk out and back was a bit of a struggle with the snow. Never did make it to my spot, lol.
  Wally…thanks for sharing all the ice castle photos, awesome!   :bow:  Best of luck to you and Mr.WW with the maiden voyage!   :thumbsup: :icefish:

Looks like I still need to downsize some more on my gear, lol. Built a newer Smitty sled recently to use with my flipover which made the drag much easier as expected, but going through 8-10” of crusted snow and breaking through the top presented its challenges, lol. There wasn’t any trails laid down from the snowmobiles where I fished yesterday afternoon, so it was one of those make your own trail type of days.  ;D
  Fishing was slow for me, marked quite a few fish but couldn’t get the system down. Dead stick with minnows and jigging with lots of different lures got looks but no takers. Fished noon to 4 before calling it quits…probably should have stayed for the last hour or so.
  Made my mind up yesterday after that outing that a new vehicle will be on Santa’s list for next season…time for a Snowdog!
  Cawfee’s still on if anyone needs a refill….

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26329 on: Jan 20, 2022, 12:39 PM »

Good luck today Z and WS and everyone else fishing today. Nice pile IW way to go. Bud glad your outing produced results with family. I got a Lowrance system 2000 here model 2060 C in working order if your kin might want it. I clipped the battery board off and put clips on for reg. 12 V battery. It works fine.  Thanks for all ice castle pics they are awsome. Eddie if you get the snow dog come visit. My last outing showed a crowd  !/4 mile away but I stayed put. I'm bull headed sometimes; most times.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26330 on: Jan 20, 2022, 04:01 PM »
Well back from the southern fringe of the ice belt. Now the proud oner of a Aqua-Vu 715C Think I might be acting like a kid on Christmas Morning  ::) Unpacked and everything is a go, including the motorize tri-pod to turn the camera. Woo Hoo  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Waters are locking up good all around, SIL will be making a trip to see his Son, and could be game on  :icefish: hopefully next week.
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26331 on: Jan 20, 2022, 05:59 PM »
Finally maybe set up missed 2 flags so far, buddies beside me caught a trout.

And more people pulling in cannot see around the corner will see tonight with the lights on how many.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26332 on: Jan 20, 2022, 06:11 PM »

over nighter awsome  stay safe and good luck

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26333 on: Jan 20, 2022, 07:41 PM »
Good evening light snow this morning maybe received one inch. It was 34 at 7 AM and like other of you are seeing today the temperature has dropped all day will see 6 degrees for tonight's low temperature. throw in the windchill factor and it will feel like sub zero air temperature.Hopefully everyone moved their vehicles today. I googled the average cost for a tow in my town $200.00 dollars for a vehicle weighing under ten thousand pounds and daily storage runs around $70.00 dollars.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the info. about Moreau State Park I assume something similar happened down here at one time. The group that manages the two parks has had the 6 inches of ice requirement in place at one of the parks since at least the late 1970"s. The other park is a more recent state purchase in the 1990's or early two thousands. Good to read the person who broke through the ice was rescued. The folks who post regularly in the Oneida Lake Diehards thread made similar comments about some people fishing on sections of that lake which only froze over a day or two before given Oneida's and Lake George's surface acreage and depth in certain spots makes you wonder what some people are thinking. Congratulations to Jon and you on your catches from Argyle Lake. May you find ice you feel comfortable fishing on somewhere at lake George tomorrow.
Whopper Stopper how much propane have you run through in the past week trying to keep Shamu's interior temperature comfortable for you to fish. think I heard your former governor Jessie ventura use the "This is Minnesota" line a few times in his speeches.
Zcm-82 may your car hold out until you can raise some funds toward the purchase of a newer vehicle. I hope today's fishing trip was a productive one.
Hunts2long with the weekend forecast the campground and it's launch area should be a busy place. May your sister be getting better.
Eddie good to hear the slush was not to bad at the lake yesterday. Might want to look into some type of snowshoes once you have down-sized the fishing gear to help keep you on top of the crusted snow layer.
Old Goat your home must look like a sporting goods store with all the different gear you have purchased from garage sales and Facebook,etc . best to you with any fishing this week.
 IFF good to read you got back to Wisconsin without any problems. Have fun using the aqua-View unit.
Fish/hunt4ever thanks for the photos best to you and your buddies at the derby.
Wallyworld did the two of you head out early on a fishing trip will look for a post from you tomorrow.

Keep warm ,stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26334 on: Jan 20, 2022, 08:42 PM »
Whopper Stopper how much propane have you run through in the past week trying to keep Shamu's interior temperature comfortable for you to fish?

Good evening mr.clean!

I started with a 20# and it still has about 1/4 left. Even this morning with -16 I easily got by running the heater on low.
            WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26335 on: Jan 21, 2022, 04:31 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's -!!* and clear here on my hill, with some wind. ::)
                           Eddie........I'm glad that the drag wasn't to bad for you, the Smitty really helps. :thumbsup:
                           Fish..........I've done a 24 hour marathon fishing trip years ago but no desire to do it again. :whistle:
                           H2l...........GSL will surely be a busy place this weekend. :unsure:
                           Marv.........With the heat on in Shamu does it get slippery or do you have a floor with a trap door in the floor? ???
                           Wally........When are you and Mr. WW headed out to get some ice fishing in.? ???
                           Steve.......That wind chill is what keeps me from going out. :blink: There were 3 people out on LG yesterday, Jon and I are going to wait till Monday. :flex:
                           Not much going on today, probably do some puttering, It is my ## sons birthday so I'll get a card over to him.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26336 on: Jan 21, 2022, 04:38 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and fairly calm -2* here this am, high of 13 today…making ice!!  :tipup:

Marv…-16* is no joke, glad the heater kept things nice and toasty for you! We use a 20# most of the time also when we’re heading out for the day unless the temps are going to be reasonable, then we’ll bring a few green bombs. Keeping an eye out for the 5 or 10# for next season to cut down on weight, pricey sons of guns!! Hope you had a good day out in Shamu yesterday, best of luck today if you’re heading out…will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…I almost bought some snowshoes a few years back after a similar trip like I just had. Honestly, have never wore a pair before but may consider them again…thanks for the recommendation.   :thumbsup:  Think my biggest problem is that I forget to recognize that I’m not the 20 - 30 year old young man I once was anymore, lol, but I’m learning!   ;D
  OG…I’m happy to see Rippin stepped up and started your SuperBowl Pool again, looking forward to that , was a great time last year!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope the night bite was on fire!! Best of luck, will be looking forward to your report today!   :icefish:
  Bud…Congratulations on the new camera, certain it will be lots of fun and a great learning tool for you!   :clap: :thumbsup:  My son just had one delivered 2 days ago, believe it’s an Eyoyo and he’s chomping at the bit to get it deployed as well.   ;D
  Jeff…hopefully the winds stayed calm up there and LG is building some safer ice! Good call waiting until Monday! Happy Birthday to your son!!!:thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you and Mr.WW had safe travels if you were on the road heading for ice! Will be looking forward to your report also, best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  H2…imagine it will be a very busy weekend up on the reservoir! Might be taking a trip up there on Sunday, still waiting to hear back from my sons.   :thumbsup:

Breakfast with my Mom and brothers this morning, she has a very big day coming up tomorrow….96th Birthday!  :bow:   
  Going to stay local again this afternoon and see if I can get on a decent panfish bite…traveling super light, lol., flipover, 2 rods, auger, small heater, and tackle.
  Cawfee’s on….

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26337 on: Jan 21, 2022, 05:16 AM »
-11 this morning.
Eddie, be sure to wish Mom a Happy Birthday from all of us.
I am very sure there will be a lot snowmobile's on the lake this weekend. Saw only 4 or 5 groups fishing yesterday.
I have to take the Jeep in for service this morning.
Have a good day and stay warm....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26338 on: Jan 21, 2022, 05:31 AM »
Good morning IW, Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

-12 this morning with a -20wc. The next 3 days will bring small snow events each evening. By Sunday, a total of 4" of fluff is expected to accumulate.

IW....Shamu has a wood floor with carpet. Once things thaw out in there it is dry in there.

Eddie... I have a #5 tank for light trips, love it. One odd thing, the place I have it filled does it by the pound. 2 years ago I filled it twice before using the 20#. Both times when I asked how much money I owed, the guy said "Don't worry about it". I highly doubt that would happen this year. Birthday wishes for your Mom :clap: :clap:

WW....Best of luck when hitting the ice :icefish:

I am about ready to head to the jungle for a Dentist appointment. Yesterdays fishing was poor at best. I saw 4 np and caught 2 that took me by surprise, also one 14" bass took my minnow on the dead stick. I fished until about 10am and decided to skip the afternoon. I plan on going today with the snow coming in.

Hope you all have a good day, best of luck if fishing :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26339 on: Jan 21, 2022, 05:39 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....happy birthday wishes to your Mom  :thumbsup:  hmmmm, you aren't 18 anymore either huh  ??? :roflmao:

WS....notice how I didn't mention your name there ??? :roflmao:

IW....happy birthday wishes to your son  :thumbsup:

FH4....thanks for the pics, good luck  :icefish:

IFF.....glad you had a fun trip  :icefish:  enjoy the new toy  :clap:

MrC.....seems with those prices it would just be easier for people to move their vehicles  :whistle:

H2L.....hope your sister is doing ok  ;)

No fishing here yet, -7* this morning and breezy  ::)  like IW we will wait until Monday to venture out  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.