Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607591 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25590 on: Nov 27, 2021, 06:08 AM »
21* and windy.
My brothers wife is doing well. I guess they are moving her to Sunnyview on Monday where they will MAKE her get up and about more than she does at home.
Yesterday it was rain until noon, then switched to mixed rain/snow, I watched football. This morning with the wind and the temp I am sure it is near 10* up in the woods. My brothers son in law hunted yesterday PM, didn't see a track in the snow.
Leftovers were good last night. The grape pie is great.
IW, Lindsay went and got 2 turkey's also.
Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25591 on: Nov 27, 2021, 06:31 AM »
Morning all, 30° and cloudy here at the moment, forecast is 41 and rain for the afternoon.

I had a little look yesterday and did see my first bit of skim ice for the season on a few small ponds, but it will all be gone today. Daytime highs are still too high to build ice, so we're into that skim overnight then thaw back to open water during the day phase now.

The pond I do most of my ice fishing on was full of geese and had no ice at all, but another larger one had patches along the ends, and a really small one that I hardly ever fish was about 1/3 skinned over. That one pretty much always ices first, but the only thing in it is a bunch of little bait thieving yellow bullheads and some dink gills.

h2l - glad to hear the SIL is doing better.

IW - good luck. Shotgun deer season reopens for the second half here on Thursday, and I'm ready to go again here, too.

WS - I wish I had turkeys like that. I only see them occasionally here... not enough to justify buying a tag to probably not see one during season. If I had as many as you, I'd definitely be more of a turkey hunter  ;D

mr.clean - don't feel too bad. We watched it too, and I only recognized one or two of the performers.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25592 on: Nov 27, 2021, 06:34 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Looks, sounds, and feels a little like winter here this am…everything is white this morning and the town plows have been running , winds are ripping 15-30 with gusts to 45, 25* with a high of 31.  ;D

Jeff…assuming the winds aren’t so bad to the north this morning? Good luck with the hunting!  :thumbsup:  The weather went downhill throughout the day here yesterday, I took a pass again on the hunting. Tomorrow looks more favorable.
  Marv…great stuff, another awesome video, thanks for sharing….will be playing that one soon for my granddaughter at breakfast!   :clap: Good luck with today’s tree job and hanging up the “ Closed for the season “ sign at the end of the day!!!  :thumbsup: :bow:
  Steve…we were watching the Macy’s Day Parade also, hoping to see one of the students my daughter teaches marching in it. The young fellas Mom was keeping in contact with her with their position. Unfortunately, they cut away to a commercial break as the group approached….Doh!!  :%$#!:  Good luck with the shopping!   :thumbsup:
  Z…hope you got a glimpse of some early ice yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Have been seeing some small ponds with teaser ice here lately, but it’s going to be awhile yet before I check any.   ;D
  Bud…I joined ya with the just plain lazy day yesterday…and the leftovers!   :roflmao:
  FH4…thanks for sharing the link, looks like a really fun place with plenty to do for the family!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…best of luck to Mr.WW at the hunting camp!   :thumbsup:   Found Lucy this morning perched on a sled with a piece of twine lassoed around a penguin.  :roflmao:
  H2…wow, thoughts and prayers for your brothers wife, hope she continues to improve each today. Good luck later today if you’re heading out.  :thumbsup:

Found a few things yesterday to cross off on the Christmas list..and plenty on my wish list!  ;D 
  Helped my wife rearrange the furniture yesterday and getting ready for the Christmas tree…that might be the only hunting I do today. Wondering what the price of trees will be this year… :o
  Cawfee’s on…granddaughter is ready for a video….
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25593 on: Nov 27, 2021, 07:29 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....fun video, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:  looks like that raccoon has been a regular visitor  :roflmao:

IFF....nothing wrong with a "lazy day" now and then  ;D

H2L....prayers for your s-i-l, hope she has a speedy/complete recovery  ;)

IW.....the snow didn't amount to more than a dusting by this morning, temps yesterday stayed just above the freezing mark  :wacko:

Eddie....Lucy sounds like a hoot  :woot:  my grandkid's elf "Charlie" retired on Christmas day last year, he 'd been on the job for 12+ years  :(

FH4.....looks likes a fun place to take the kids, enjoy  :thumbsup:

Z....saw some skim ice around here a couple days ago, but it's long gone again now  ::)  it will be AT LEAST another month before things solidify  :-\

MrC....it's the same thing watching ads for late night tv show guests, never heard of 99% of them  :blink:

I had a couple items I was planning on getting at WalMart next week when the crowds died down (I don't do Black Friday), but after making a quick back roads trip to the drugstore yesterday to p/u a prescription, I noticed there was hardly any traffic around. I decided to see how bad their parking lot and entrance/exit drive looked.....not as congested as a "regular" Friday, so I went for it  :flex:  hardly anyone in the store, no lines, no waiting, in/out in a flash, no backed up traffic  :clap: guess a lot of people are shopping on-line instead of in person  :unsure:

Have a good day, good luck if hetting the woods. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25594 on: Nov 27, 2021, 09:45 AM »
ww - same here. First ice fishing is usually first or second week of January for me. I was able to go a few days after xmas last year, and that was the earliest I've been on the ice since I moved back down here in 2006.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25595 on: Nov 27, 2021, 10:40 AM »
Is this what the saying 'spreading one's wings" means  ??? :roflmao:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25596 on: Nov 27, 2021, 11:12 AM »
Good day,40 degrees outside which is the fore cast high for the day with the wind chill feels like thirty or slightly lower. the sky has clear from earlier this morning now a mixture of cloubds and blue sky. I may see some snow later today lasting into Sunday morning no mention yet of accumilation total. My sister and BIL are safely home from their trip to San Diego they had a good visit with their son and his girlfriend. I have to watch the local news tonight as Newburgh is playing against Carmel in the semi-final round of NY.public school football tournament. Glad I was not at my Sisters and BIL's for Thanksgiving this year if possible I stay over night then go to Paramus,NJ on Friday morning to decorate my parents and other relatives graves for Christmas coming home I always run into traffic delays from Black Friday shoppers headed to a Large outlet mall. There were traffic problems once again this year the mall is at the intersection of two state highways and a NYS.Thruway exit things can get backed up for several miles. State police are advising drivers to avoid the area this weekend if possible.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the video looks like the local wildlife is eating good between your food offerings and other available forage.
Ice Wanderer might as well take advantage of the reduced price as supermarkets/grocery stores clear out the turkeys left from Thanksgiving. Best to you with any deer hunting today.
Hunts2long happy to read your SIL is doing better and will be moved to a facility where they will keep her more active may she have a full recovery from the stroke.
Zcm-28 I not done any scouting yet but your area sounds similar to mine here in south eastern NY. some years you might be able to ice fish around Christmas on smaller //shallower ponds in higher elevation areas usually by mid-January majority of ponds /lakes are frozen over and have 4 or more inches of ice. The past 5 years or more we see between 12-15'' inches of ice cover for the winter on lakes /ponds. back in the late eighties /early nineties 188" was the usual average.
Eddie I figured you might have snow covered ground in your section of NY. watching local news last night the weatherman was talking about reports of a few inches of snow in Albany and Columbia counties. To bad your daughter's student and her group did not get on the parade broadcast. If you purchase a tree this week remember to keep it watered with all of the supply shortages there is a concern people will buy and put up the Christmas tree's earlier this year increasing the chance trees will dry out and become a greater fire risk.
Wallyworld unless you stay up on current "Pop" culture or have lots of contact with young adults/children you get out of touch with who are the current big celebrities. Guess you hit Walmart at the right time or more people are choosing to shop "on_line this year.

keep up the Covid safety precautions i see a new variant has been discovered in parts of Southern African continent  labeled Omicron by the W.H.O. thought to be highly transmittable and in the same class as the Delta variant  which has cause many problems. Some countries are placing restrictions on travel to certain African countries.

Do your best to be in good spirits this Holiday season and find ways to deal with the Holiday and Covid induced stress.

Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25597 on: Nov 27, 2021, 12:46 PM »
Jeff:  Good move on having Turkey later, seeing how my freezer is not loaded with venison maybe I will go shopping for some myself

Gave Jake a ride to store, but still not ready to be out of the house unleashed.

Will catchup on the thread and either watch some college football or back to investigating unpacked boxes or just not ready to get out of the lazy mode

Just found AccuWeather channel, are you kidding me Denver expecting to be up to 68-70 this Monday here more like 36 hum
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25598 on: Nov 27, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Cold and sunny here today.
I had to work today so will clean up the snow with the SxS tomorrow.
Was working on moving equipment in my server rack so I could get the giant new switch in there.
Not much room left now.  ;D
Next weekend I have to hook it all up.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25599 on: Nov 27, 2021, 03:48 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Cripes Dave, pretty awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I believe we came up one notch shy of 40 today, it was a good day to hammer out my tree job.

I had asked the kid that I used to work with if he would give me a hand with the climbing. He was all gung ho and actually brought 2 of the other guys with him. I would have to think the home owner was wondering what was going on, between the laughing and stories, he should have been thoroughly entertained. I don't even think I touched a piece of brush as they told me to sit on a chair and keep out of their way :roflmao: It was a fun day, I do missed the camaraderie.

Hope you all had/having a good day. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25600 on: Nov 27, 2021, 04:54 PM »
Well made it home when we left this morning it was already 41 at 6 am when i went and grabbed the jeep to pull it close to load. Seen one spot of 31 and the rest of the drive was 40 to 48 all the way home. Seems a little warm for this time of the year but see other locations getting cold and snowy and some ice fishing already. Getting Un packed and relaxing from the drive. Crazy you sit all the way here and need to rest from the drive but it seems like the stress of driving is getting worse with all the crazy drivers out there. Had a good time and would say a good place to visit and see that have some all over the country. Wish they would build one here so people would have another thing to do as they head towards Yellowstone. Have a good rest of Saturday and a good Sunday. Back to work Monday.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25601 on: Nov 27, 2021, 08:40 PM »
Good evening , weather guessers still saying i might see a dusting of snow over night. I don't have all the details but more gun shots fired in Poughkeepsie and Newburgh, Poughkeepsie police received a report of gun shots around 2 AM today upon arriving in area of shots they found a man with multiple gun shot wounds. Friday night Newburgh police respond to a similar call when they arrived at the residence found a man outside with a gun he told police there was a domestic dispute taken into custody on some charge when I know more will post updates. Newburgh-Carmel football game started at 6 PM have not checked yet for reports from the game.
Drifter best to you on installing the switch reassembling the server rack and having everything work properly.
IFF has Jake's behavior improved any since his surgery or still to early to see a change.
whopper Stopper nice that you only had to supervise at the tree job. may your former coworker bringing some friends to help not have taken to much out of your pocket.
Fish/hunt4ever glad all of you had a good time at great Wolf Lodge in Colorado and got home safe.

To my fellow NY.residents I see our governor has issued a state of emergency as precaution of the new Covid variant's arrival in our state as infection numbers rise across the state particularly in western part of the state and Finger Lakes region.  She is hoping to keep hospital beds available so now non essential procedures will be put on hold at hospital. Eddie i suggest you and other family members getting into see your Mom in case visitation is restricted in coming weeks.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25602 on: Nov 28, 2021, 04:12 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 15* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         H2l........I'm glad to read that your sister in law is doing better and getting moved to a rehab facility. :thumbsup:
                Good luck on the lanes tonight. :thumbsup:
                         Marv......It must have felt good to have all the extra help, gets the job done quicker. :flex: I bet the BS was flying. lol :roflmao:
                         Eddie.....Lucy will get around to different place before Christmas. :woot: Have you ever thought of just going out in the woods and finding
               your tree. :unsure:
                         Zcm......Those small ponds can produce some nice panfish.  :flex:
                         Fish.......That Lodge sure has a lot to offer, glad you and your family had a good time. :clap:
                         Wally.....I'm with you on not shopping on Black Friday, it can be a zoo. It must have been a surprise to find Wal-Mart so empty.  :o Like Steve
               said a lot of people are finding it easier to shop on line. :whistle:
                         Steve....I' always looking for deals at the grocery store, like the other day. My wife and I were going to have hamburgers for dinner, so I decided
               to get some French fries, one brand was a pond for $3,49 but I saw store brand 5 lbs for $4.49. What a deal. :clap: I heard on TV from a Dr. that by the
               time that they discover a new variant, it's to late, it's already spread to other countries. Covid won't get under control if people don't follow guide lines and
               take this thing seriously.
                         Bud ......Have you thought about an invisible fence for Jake. I bought one for my wife's dog, works great. They have them now that are wireless. :flex:
                         Yesterday the wind was a nuisance, it kept swirling so my scent was carried in all directions. I hope this morning is better.
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25603 on: Nov 28, 2021, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Calm and cloudy 25* this am, another round of snow showers expected soon for the first part of the morn, high of 32.

Jeff…good luck this morning, hope today is the day!  :thumbsup:  I’ve taken a few trees out of the woods in past years, but the biggest obstacles with that for me nowadays is the loss of and permission granted from the landowners who’s property’s I once could get on. Aside from one piece of private property I can still get on to hunt, pretty much would be limited to only getting on State land. Couldn’t imagine the look of an EnCon officer seeing me dragging a tree to my truck, rifle shouldered, lol, then the fine…Doh!   ;D
  Steve…heard that news on our State Of Emergency, thank you!  We’ve been covering most breakfast, lunch and dinners with daily family visits at the nursing home since the regulations changed. Hopefully, things will continue on that route for awhile.   :thumbsup:
  FH4…glad you had safe travels back home and an enjoyable time by all at the lodge!   :clap:
  Marv…that’s great the old crew joined in for a get together and hammered out that tree job, that’s awesome!!  :clap: :bow:  Sounds like a fun time spent together, nothing like getting caught up and rehashing stories with good friends…hope it happens more in the future for you boys!   :thumbsup: Tried to send you a Good Luck reply back last evening, think your mailbox is full?
  Dave…holy crap, where the heck do you begin to hook that up???   :woot:  ;D. Good luck next weekend, hope everything goes together well.  :thumbsup:  Will be waiting to see how that plow worked out. 
  Bud…that Mile High weather sure can be crazy, lol. Glad Jake got a ride along with you, hope he’s starting to come around now!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…is that spreading ones wings or ruffling ones feathers?   ;D  Nice picture, thanks for sharing! Glad the Black Friday shopping went well and no issues with crowds. Best of luck to Mr.WW today!   :thumbsup:   Charlie had a good long run…can’t imagine the things he got into over 12 years…Wow!   :clap:
  Z…sometimes we lucky here and ice fishing before Christmas, but that doesn’t happen much anymore in my area. This year might be a possibility. A  few years back, a buddy and I went out in my boat on New Year’s Day trollling for trout, 2 weeks later we were walking on ice there.  :tipup:

We tried a new place for a tree this year, my daughters boyfriend’s brother has been selling them for a few years. Great selection of trees, child friendly with some farm animals for the kids to see and feed, and a mailbox for letters to Santa with a guarantee of a reply from the North Pole. Had a fun time with our granddaughter…$45 for an almost picture perfect tree, didn’t think that was too bad.
  Found Lucy sitting between the Wise Men staring at the baby Jesus in the manger this morning!   ;D
  Breakfast with one of my brothers at the nursing home this morning and hopefully an afternoon hunt with my son this afternoon….Cawfee’s on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25604 on: Nov 28, 2021, 06:00 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....fingers crossed today's weather is more conducive to a successful hunt ;)

MrC....looks like we could be in for another LONG winter of dealing with covid and all the unknowns surrounding it  :blink:

WS.....sounds like you had quite the enjoyable day of "work"  :woot:  glad you had all that help (being you're not 18 anymore)  :clap:  :whistle: :roflmao:

FH4.....good to hear you made it home safely  :thumbsup:  driving any distance can be VERY stressful with the crazies on the road  :o

Eddie.....enjoy your breakfast this morning  :thumbsup:  today looks good for hunting, good luck  :flex:

H2L.....good luck tonight  :)

Apparently no one told this guy hunting season is still open and he shouldn't be out during the day :unsure:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25605 on: Nov 28, 2021, 06:52 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

24 degrees, we may get to mid 30's later on. Now that some of the lakes have a nice sheet of ice on them the temps are supposed to warm up next week :%$#!:

mr.clean.... The boys wouldn't take anything for helping. The crazy thing is it probably took longer than if I would have done the job myself. I was just thankful they didn't bring a couple cases of beer with them :roflmao:

IW....Best of luck in the stand this morning :thumbsup: We had invisible fence for our dogs, we loved it :thumbsup:

Eddie....Sounds like "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" with the Christmas tree :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WW.....What a beautiful buck. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am going wrap up yesterdays job first off this morning. Then I am going to take a ride out to my spearing lake and see how the ice sheet looks.

Best of luck to everyone hitting the woods :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25606 on: Nov 28, 2021, 06:57 AM »
Morning all, 26° mostly cloudy and a bit breezy here today. Supposed to be 38° and pretty windy this afternoon, but we'll see what happens. It was supposed to get into the low 40s yesterday and topped out at 37.

Not a whole lot on the agenda today. Gonna go out and do some shooting in a bit. I put a new set of sights on my 22 a few weeks back, need to get it sighted in for rabbits, so I'll go get that done before the wind kicks up real bad. Got some 45 Colt and 303 Savage ammo to burn up too... just test batch stuff I had loaded up when I was experimenting with loads for both rifles. Now that I have loads for both, just need to shoot up the non-winner stuff to empty up brass.

ww - hoping the deer have loosened up over the break between seasons so I see something like that here. 2nd shotgun season is this coming Thursday-Sunday here. I'll be sitting with the muzzleloader, though, unless the weather is wet. It's more accurate than my shotgun, and you're allowed to use them during 2nd firearm season.

masoneddie - I know the feeling on land. It's very hard to get land access here anymore unless you shell out a ton of money for a deer season lease. I used to have access to 3 plots of land, but now I just have 1. The other 2 were sold off to city people that cleared them off and built big houses on them. Public land is very scarce, hard to get tags for, and frankly, dangerous during deer season around here.

IW - they do. Aside from last winter that was just bananas, most of the small public ponds around here get little to no ice fishing pressure. There's been a few winters where the only holes in some of them were mine. Lots of dinks in most of them, but also some really nice panfish and bass, and the rare catfish or walleye.

They're spotty with ice though. Being small and shallow, they freeze fast, but also thaw very fast. The one I hit the most went from 10" of ice to open water in less than a week at the end of last season in February.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25607 on: Nov 28, 2021, 09:31 AM »
Good morning temperature around 32 degrees light snowfall earlier appears to be ending now paved surfaces still to warm for snow to stick and accumilate light coating on vehicles,building roof tops and trees/grassy areas. Newburgh lost the football game against Carmel by a score of 47-13 so Carmel will play in state championship game on Dec.4Th in Syracuse. I found a little more information on the most recent gun shots fire in Poughkeepsie and Newburgh incidents. The Poughkeepsie incident happened at 1:30 AM on Saturday morning by a deli on main Street the victim is not cooperating with police. When Newburgh police responded to the shots fired report they found a .40 caliber shell casing on the rear steps of the home in talking with  resident of home told there had been a verbal dispute and he fired on shot from hand gun. the resident had valid permit for the handgun but because he fired it in a highly populated area and endangered the public was charged with misdemeanor prohibited use of a firearm and also charge with violation of Newburgh city code which prohibits discharge of a firearm with-in city limits. police seized the handgun and two shotguns found inside the home.
Ice Wanderer comparison shopping/deal hunting can save you money when shopping may the store brand french fries be of good quality some store brand items are not the best tasting. I purchased some store brand pizza's from dollar General in my opinion better choice is to spend more money and purchase a name brand. I have been pleased with the quality and taste of other DG name brand products . I heard similar about the Covid variants on TV news.
Eddie  getting permission to do anything on private property is getting harder as owners worry about liability  and some jerk always seems to disrespect the owners who give permission and ruin things for other people. Have a good breakfast with your brother and mom. Good that she has family living close to her nursing home who can visit and help the facility staff at meal times. Best to you and your son with this afternoon's deer hunting. depending on the species of tree I think you paid a fair price appears your daughter's boyfriends brother has a nice set up to sell the trees.
Wallyworld thank you for the turkey and buck photos. If that buck visits the wrong property he may end up in someone freezer and his head or antlers mounted . I agree think all the talk about coming out of Covid pandemic is a little optimistic and we will be dealing with the virus for much of 2022.
Zcm-28 may you get the 22 sighted in for rabbit hunting season best to you in harvesting a deer with the muzzle loader during second half of Illinois shotgun season.
Whopper Stopper nice that your former coworker and his friends would not take payment for their help with the tree job. Yes sometimes when you have a group working it takes longer to complete the job once stories start getting told among the group.  I agree not the best idea to show up for a tree job with a few cases of beer.

Have a good Sunday. Best to all hunting and fishing this week.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25608 on: Nov 28, 2021, 12:38 PM »
Some days I wake up feeling like I am in a twilight zone.  Jake was blowing his wake-up horn at 5:50 Temp then was 25, thinking some shallow ponds will be getting some skim ice if not, now soon

Found enough ambition to make breakfast. then found new coffee pot not heating....think its going to be one of those days :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25609 on: Nov 28, 2021, 03:13 PM »
The plow worked well!!! I cleaned my driveway and did my neighbour's business as we share the driveway onto the road plus they let me work inside where it's warm, on my toys in the winter. Took between 1 and 1 1/2 hours to do the whole job. Used to take me that just to do my place with the snow blower.

Blue dot is the entrance to my garage the SxS sits in (as well as my boat).
The area inside the poorly drawn red area is the area I cleaned up today. :)

And the toy in all it's glory.   :flex:

Almost forgot, the heated seats and heater worked awesome!!!

Won't be long before I'm plowing the ice road out to the cabin.    :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25610 on: Nov 28, 2021, 03:27 PM »
Excellent report Dave!

What a beast :bow: :bow:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25611 on: Nov 28, 2021, 03:31 PM »
Dave.......  You got yourself a workhorse with the SxS. Good job.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25612 on: Nov 29, 2021, 04:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  26* and cloudy this am with light winds, high of 32.

Dave…heck of a maiden voyage for that beast of a SxS…great job taking care of your neighbor and ALL of the plowing!  :clap: :bow:  Can’t wait to see that bad boy making your own ice road to the cabin…maybe another video?  :flex:
  H2…hope the lanes were good to you and the team last evening, good luck if you’re heading out this morning!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…fingers were crossed things got better for you as the day went on!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…agreed, getting permission to hunt private property nowadays sure is difficult. I have offered signing a waiver for liability as well as offering my services for masonry issues that some may have for free in the past..things have certainly changed.
  Z…getting closer to the 2nd season, hope we hear that muzzle loader does the trick!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…sounds like the tree cutters and masons have something in common with the beverages!  ;D  Will be looking forward to the spearing season and yesterday’s ice report!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…wow, that’s a slammer buck, thanks for sharing!  :clap: 
  Jeff…will be looking forward to your report from yesterday, best of luck today if you’re heading back out!    :thumbsup:

Off to the woods…will check back in later to see how everyone is doing!  Cawfee’s on…

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25613 on: Nov 29, 2021, 05:21 AM »
Morning all, 22° and clear with hard frost this morning here. Got a warmup coming in, though. Supposed to be in the 50s Wednesday-Friday  :-\

masoneddie - good luck  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25614 on: Nov 29, 2021, 05:46 AM »
25* and clear. Looks like about an inch of snow on the ground.
Drifter, that is a lot to plow. The heated seat and heater will be nice "when" it gets cold out there.
Eddie, you would think this cold would have the deer moving. Good Luck.
WW, that is a nice buck.
We took 3 of 4 points from the 1st place team last night. Won the second game by 1 pin. They weren't happy and we smoked them the third game. They had only lost 8 points in 11 weeks. I bowled just OK.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25615 on: Nov 29, 2021, 06:14 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....congrats to you and the team on a good night  :flex:

Z.....fingers crossed you get a shot during this coming season  ;)

Eddie....hoping today's THE  day for you  ;)2

IFF.....nothing gets the day off to a bad start like a malfunctioning coffee maker  :%$#!:  hope today's a better day  ;D

WS.....hope you find safe ice soon, looking forward to your Shamu adventures  :thumbsup:

IW.....good luck if you're in the woods today  ;)2

Picked up about 1" of snow overnight, weatherman says more snow everyday this week  ::)  A few errands to run today, nothing much else on the agenda.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25616 on: Nov 29, 2021, 06:15 AM »
Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

33 degrees to start, the guessers are calling for the mid 40's by the afternoon.

Eddie....I never made it to the lake yesterday, but will go this morning. With a heat wave rolling in I'm not getting my hopes up. Best of luck in the woods today :thumbsup:

h2l...Sounds like a good night with the pins :thumbsup:

A few errands this morning and puttering after that.

Best of luck to everyone in the woods :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25617 on: Nov 29, 2021, 01:59 PM »

Good afternoon ER's it has started here already

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25618 on: Nov 29, 2021, 03:50 PM »
Looks like my earlier post went out in cyber space somewhere.

Old Goat, have you been out on it yet ? a bit early this year ?

Little grocery shopping is about all for this morning,
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25619 on: Nov 29, 2021, 03:58 PM »
Not sure if I have ever seen this type of weather here, supposed to be around 60 this weekend. No ice around kind of depressing since normally we have ice around Thanksgiving to get out on with more building. Hope we get some moisture at some point as we are hot and dry right now. Have a good Monday everyone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.