Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1631970 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25740 on: Dec 07, 2021, 09:08 PM »
Good evening windy over night and this morning cooler then Monday with high temperature in the low forties. There was an update in today's newspaper on the Nov.17TH shootings in Newburgh a 17 year old male has been arrested for an alleged connection to the shootings. No name released as he is being tried as a youthful offender charge with first degree reckless endangerment and second degree criminal possession of a weapon after appearance in my county's youth court sent by a judge to youth detention center in Syracuse,NY. area(Wallyworld's section of NY.)  In Covid related news my county is near bottom of ist of the states counties for number of 5-11 year olds who have received vaccine.
IFF/BUD thank you for sharing the story agree with others it should be moved and posted as a new topic in either the General or ice Safety forums and pinned to top section of page one in either forum. The information in the story could save someones life.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the reminder about it being anniversary day of Pearl harbor.may your wife have a safe trip home and she like the tree you have selected savings a visit to a tree farm.
Eddie good to hear there are no Covid problems so far at your mom's nursing home. Best wishes for Cody.
Old Goat sounds like you are in the same place as many Ice Shanty members waiting for enough ice formation to fish.
Zcm-28 Like deer coyotes can adopt to living among humans from time to time one has been spotted within NYC's boundaries.
Whopper Stopper may your 4 wheeler be ready for ice fishing season. thank you for the information on different conifer species sold as Christmas trees.
Wallyworld thankfully once the dehydration process is completed if everything was done right jerky is good eating and tasting. I do not consume to much jerky these days more meat sticks due to dental issues going forward i will have your locker room comment in my mind when I consume either jerky or meat sticks.
Hunts2long I have heard and read similar comments on deer hunting in NYS. this season. Hope you can convince your wife to hold onto the current Christmas tree until you have checked the availability and prices of Faux trees for sale this Holiday season.
Tomturkey good to hear your doing better. School district are more cautious about transporting student during Winter road conditions now-a-days no one wants the liability risk.
Fish/hunt4ever may you receive your license and seining tag soon after the state gets your money.
Badger132 cleaver idea to use fishing poles to make a Christmas tree. Glad the road is cleared from landslide. Good luck in convincing your wife the Garmin LiveScope is her Christmas present.

Have a good night .
 Steve

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25741 on: Dec 08, 2021, 04:57 AM »
Badger wishful thinking, good luck with that.  :roflmao:

My Apologies for posting such a long read. Guess that's proof on how dangerous I can be.  ;)  It didn't turn out as I thought it would. So if its not acceptable, Maybe Dom will take it down.

I see nothing wrong with it Bud.
Always like a story with a happy ending.. ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25742 on: Dec 08, 2021, 05:04 AM »
Good Morning Dom, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D    Calm and 23*, expecting some snow showers to move any minute now, high of 33.

Dom… :bow: :clap:  Hope everything is going well at the greenhouse and hunting season was good to you!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks, and thanks for sharing the updates!  :thumbsup:  Hopefully there will be more than a slap on the wrist for the teen, but I doubt it.
  Bud…when I moved to Florida many years back, went to their DMV shortly after to register my conversion van at the time. Almost choked when the clerk told me there was a $1,000 impact fee to register as it fell under their RV’s pricing. I passed on that, kept my NY plates and re-registered with NY when the time was necessary.  :woot:  Thanks again for sharing the story!  :tipup:
  Tom…hope you’re feeling better and the urge to modify that snowblower has passed!!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Marv…guess I’m as anxious as everyone else to hear about the spearing practice indoors…keeping the fingers crossed you didn’t get a Personal Best recliner yesterday!    :flex: :roflmao:  “ Puttering “ is now locked in the memory bank, lol.   ;D
  Wally…will be waiting to hear how the jerky turned out!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope all the paperwork went through for you…congrats!   :thumbsup:
  Badger…I showed that picture to my wife and said “ maybe next year we’ll put up a fake tree like this one? “…believe “ absolutely not “was the answer!!  ;D  A LiveScope for Christmas…that would certainly make me believe in someone again!!!  :clap: :icefish:
  Jeff…how did the Christmas tree recon go yesterday?  :thumbsup:

Found our elf Lucy a few minutes ago, seems she made some friends overnight. Managed to make her way into a hanging basket holding bananas and cuddled up with them…right after drawing faces on each and every one.  ;D
  Lots of errands on the list this am, then an afternoon stand….hopefully the snow showers coming will stick. Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25743 on: Dec 08, 2021, 05:10 AM »
Morning all, 24° and clear here, forecast high is 36 and cloudy. Looks like all the highs have been bumped down a few degrees in the forecast compared to what they were showing yesterday. It's still going to be way too warm to keep ice, though, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25744 on: Dec 08, 2021, 05:27 AM »
Ed I have been busy selling Xmas trees and making wreaths and kissing balls like crazy. 
 I was able to get a 6pt with the bow and have only seen a small 4 during gun season..

And made my 4foot wreath for the side of my house….

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25745 on: Dec 08, 2021, 06:06 AM »
Morning all,

Raquette....I can almost smell the "Christmas" just looking at those pictures  :thumbsup:

MrC...I don't eat jerky either but it got MrWW's seal of approval yesterday  ;)2

IW....fingers crossed you THE tree yesterday  :whistle:

Eddie.....that Lucy's a real rascal, sounds like she might end up on Santa's naughty list herself if she's not careful  :woot:

H2L....better to wait for end of season sales to replace your tree  ;)

IFF.....that's a pretty steep price on the registration  :o  surprised they didn't ask for a pint of your blood too  :wacko:

WS....fingers crossed there was no unexplained holes anywhere in the house when MrsWS returned from the jungle yesterday  :blink:

MrWW came home late yesterday for a few days, not much happening at camp this time  :unsure:  Nothing much on the agenda today, maybe some kitchen time  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25746 on: Dec 08, 2021, 06:49 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+4 to start the day, may see 20 by the afternoon. Heavy snow guessed for Friday :%$#!: The lakes don't need that.

mr.clean, not sure how many tree varieties you have to pick from but here some have 4-5, one place had 7.

Dom.....Wow! Thanks for sharing, looks fabulous :clap: Congrats again on the buck  :thumbsup:

Eddie/ WW.....Yeah :roflmao: The spear stayed in the shed. I kept hearing WW's warning and took heed. At least for now ???

Eddie good luck in the stand this afternoon :thumbsup:

WW....Can't wait to see what Comes out of the kitchen/ workshop :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I took a ride to the lake yesterday and things didn't look very good. Saturday I am going to go back round noon and see if anyone is giving the ice a test. A day of puttering around the woodstove today.

Hope everyone has a good day. Best of luck if heading out hunting :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25747 on: Dec 08, 2021, 06:52 AM »
26* and light "something" coming down. Scout was wet when she came in.
IFF, good read. A must for anyone going on the ice.
TT, hope you are feeling better.
Badger, nice tree. Get her the Livescope, it's non-returnable so you will HAVE to keep it.
Raq, you sure have been busy.
The wife, Amber and Lindsay went out shopping yesterday. Lindsay's school was closed due to water main break.
WW, good find on E-Bay.
Have a good day and be well...h2l

Eddie, good luck this PM.
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25748 on: Dec 08, 2021, 12:57 PM »
Well made it to the game and fish office and have all my tags just now the approval from the state to be able to order some minnows in, but have a few wild caught minnows in my holding tank to make sure it do not kill the ones when I get them in.   Have a great hump day everyone.

Then the new toy when we get ice.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25749 on: Dec 08, 2021, 02:13 PM »

good afternoon er's   2nd first ice bud you ready

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25750 on: Dec 08, 2021, 06:08 PM »
OG, oops missed this, got distracted....again. Was taking a nap I think.

See it's that time of year again.  Now have to find the xmas stuff.

See it didn't get above freezing today. Now heading back into warm up temps. Now have to think what's for supper ??? Beef ?
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25751 on: Dec 08, 2021, 09:53 PM »
Good Evening 31 degrees outside currently had a brief snow shower earlier left a coating on cars and roof tops. If the temperature drops some overnight might see some frozen puddles in the morning. Started on my Christmas card list today. I have to move some things and put up my little ceramic Christmas tree.
Eddie did you see any deer during your afternoon hunt today.
Zcm-28 weather guessers are calling for a warm up this weekend in my area so riding the temperature roller coaster. I did see in the South Eastern NY. thread a post from a member who got out fishing on a small pound in Sullivan county and had fun catching yellow perch. Sullivan county does have some areas above 2 thousand feet in elevation so I can see a small body of water having ice someone would feel safe fishing on at this time of year.
Raquettedacker thank you for the photos you and your coworkers have been busy very nice looking wreaths and kissing balls. Congratulations on the 6 point buck.
Wallyworld good to hear Mr.WW gave the venison jerky his stamp of approval.
Whopper Stopper my family usually had fake trees thanking to other people and seeing advertisements over the years seems like three-four conifer varieties are commonly sold here as Christmas trees. May the coming snow totals be on the lower end of forecast predictions.
Hunts2long i hope the water main break at Lindsay's school has been repaired. They were doing some type of plumbing repair in one of the buildings here today hopefully nothing involving the heating system.
Fish/hunt4ever good to read you have your tags/licenses to sell live bait fish. Good idea to do a test run with locally caught minnows,do you have another tank to keep these fish once you can import other bait fish. It may not be the best idea to mix local and imported fish in one tank. Enjoy the new Lowrance unit.

Old Goat may you see temperatures stay below freezing so lakes /ponds build ice and you don't see another period of open water.
drifter nice picture i hope that is not how you are feeling at this time.
IFF may it not take to much searching to find the box/boxes with Christmas items.

Keep safe,stay healthy. best to all fishing and still big game hunting.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25752 on: Dec 09, 2021, 05:06 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 17* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                        I lost my post yesterday and didn't have time to retype. :%$#!:
                        Marv.......I guess it probably was a good idea holding off on the spearing practice. lol :roflmao:
                        Eddie......I hope something came out to shoot yesterday in the stand. :unsure:
                        Raquett...It's always good to see you drop by. :thumbsup: The wreaths and Kissing balls look great, good job. :flex:
                        H2l.........I saw on the news about the water main break, I'm sure it's repaired by now. :unsure:
                        Wally......When I make my Jerky it fills the house with a very nice aroma, nothing like you described. lol :roflmao:
                        Steve.....We've had some snow almost every morning on the ground this week, the plows just went by again. :whistle:
                        Fish.......Congratulat ions on getting the tags in order, hopefully the state doesn't take to long. :blink: Your set up looks good. One
               question: what is the bucket with one tube for? ???
                        The tree hunting the other day wasn't to successful, the land that I use to go to has been sold and the new owner has blocked it off
               and posted the property. Thinking that we might not get a tree after all, my wife informed me last night that she is going her mother's for Christmas.
               I will probably travel out Christmas morning and come back that night.
                        Yesterday my #2 son called bright an early and wanted me to go with my truck to pick up a new snpw blower attachment for his Kubota tractor.
               It's a front mount blower which makes nice so you don't have to turn your body to snow blow. The only drawback is he loses his bucket loader. It is a
               quick disconnect unit so if he really needed the bucket loader it should only take 15 minutes to change.
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25753 on: Dec 09, 2021, 05:12 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Calm winds with light snow falling here this am, high of 30.

Steve…fealt it best to take a pass on the afternoon hunt unfortunately. Still dealing with some issues with my old buddy Cody. Wife assured me she would be fine helping him up the stairs if necessary, but that can be a struggle for her. She had a bit of a challenge while I ran some errands in the morning. Thought it best to stay close…thinking about a mid morning hunt today for a few hours.  :thumbsup:
  Bud…hope you found what you were looking for!  :thumbsup:  Looking like some warmer weather heading this way also.
  Dave…any plans of taking that SxS for a test run to the cabin this weekend? Hope you’re feeling better!   :thumbsup:
  OG…best of luck with the new ice, be careful out there!   :tipup:
  FH4…nice looking set up, hopefully your state moves quicker than ours here with the paperwork!  ;D. Nice new toy for the ice, will be looking forward to your review on that soon.  :thumbsup: 
  H2…glad the ladies had an opportunity to get together shopping, hopefully the water problems are under control now.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…single digit temps will be making some ice, sucks the snow is coming! Hopefully it will stay on the light side… :thumbsup: 
  Wally…sounds like the jerky was a hit, nice job!!   :clap:  Was the bakery open for business yesterday? 
  Dom…wow, you’ve been busy! Thank you for sharing all the pictures, awesome job on everything… Congratulations on the 6 pointer, well done!!    :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Z….we’ve been getting similar weather here…small ponds and such getting ice but temps aren’t holding. Keeping the fingers crossed… :thumbsup:
  Jeff…seeing any fishable ice up your way yet? Sorry the Christmas tree hunt didn’t work out for you. That front mount blower sounds like the ticket, hope it works out well for your son….way to go helping him out!   :thumbsup:  :clap:

Looks like we picked up another inch or so of snow overnight, heard the plows running earlier. Not too much on the planner yet…hoping to get a still hunt in mid morning, conditions look perfect right now. Will check back in later to see how everyone is doing…. Cawfee’s on!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25754 on: Dec 09, 2021, 05:23 AM »
Morning all, 30° and cloudy here presently, forecast high of 47 and mostly cloudy for the afternoon. Not much on the agenda today, just work. Now that deer season is over and I'm just waiting on ice, I'll probably start to do a bunch of reloading to kill time during the week, and see about getting out for some squirrel and rabbit on the weekends.

mr.clean - unfortunately we are flat as a pancake around here around 670ft, so nowhere high that might hold ice through the warmup that has started  :(

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25755 on: Dec 09, 2021, 06:14 AM »
23* and it looks like it may be sunny today.
I guess the water main issue has been repaired, still a boil water in effect. They had to wait all day on Tuesday for equipment to come from Conn. to start repair.
Eddie, thoughts are still with Cody.
Looks like we got about 2 inches of snow yesterday.
Stay well and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25756 on: Dec 09, 2021, 06:22 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sorry to hear Cody's still struggling, he's still in my prayers  :(

H2L....hope the water issue is fixed  :unsure:

IFF.....did you find your decorations  ???

IW.....sorry the tree hunt was a bust  :-\

WS.....fingers crossed the snow stays light so the ice can keep building  ;)

TT....hope you were able to figure out the snow removal issues  ;)2

Looks like 5-6" of snow overnight, still coming down, might have to break out the shovel  ::)  heading to near 60 Saturday and staying in mid 40s next week  :wacko:

Yesterday's bakery report....

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25757 on: Dec 09, 2021, 07:08 AM »

28 degrees heading to 40 by the afternoon. Now they are saying 4"-6" of wet snow Friday night into Saturday. Not at all what our ice needs :%$#!:

IW...The blower attachment for the Kubota sounds pretty nice. My JD isn't big enough for a loader but I sure like my front mounted blower when we get dumped on.

Eddie...Sorry to read Cody is still having issues. Best wishes sent :thumbsup:

WW.....Balls! What a fantastic spread of cookies  :clap: :clap:

Lots of errands this morning on the agenda. I had a call yesterday for a tree job. I told the guy "Closed for the Season, reason freezing" He said he would catch me in the Spring.

Hope you all have a good day! Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25758 on: Dec 09, 2021, 07:09 AM »
     Good morning ER's 27* here should be on ice when it gets light. The weather forcast for next 10 days looks terrible. Big snowstorm boiling over out west. 6 to ten inches NW of here expected in a day/week then a 50-60 degree day next wed. Eddy hope sorry to here about cody we had to carry our dog for a while but it was worth it. Dom your work looks great.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25759 on: Dec 09, 2021, 09:30 AM »
The bucket is a filter that I made from watching some videos of how to keep minnows longer without having to change water out as frequently and the test run this spring and fall has proven that it works. Easy to make just some scratch pads, without the cleaning chemicals in them, and some swamp cooler pads cut into rounds for a filter. Bought a sump pump off Amazon and it has worked great for the 20 bucks spent.

Well 26 here so far and been up in the 50's daytime Temps but some ice is building along the shore lines and temp should drop and snow in the forecast so that should help cool the water temp so it will cap over. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25760 on: Dec 09, 2021, 09:48 PM »
Good evening ,when the sun rose this morning and I could see better realized yesterday's snow left a coating on unpaved surfaces not just vehicles and rooftops. High temperature today in the low forties so snow is now melted. The Covid woes continue in my section of NY. the Tri-Valley school district (Grahamsville,NY. area/Sullivan county has stopped in class instruction at the districts elementary school until Dec.13 after a combined total of teachers,staff and students reached 16 positive cases. Like Eldred this is a smaller school district serving part of eastern Sullivan county and some of Ulster county. In other news from my area two men facing charges for their involvement in the Jan.6 Th Capital riot turned down plea deals and now will face trail.
Ice Wanderer to bad you can no longer access the property where you have cut trees for Christmas in past years. May the new snow blower attachment help make snow removal easier for son#2
Eddie sorry to hear Cody is still struggling never easy seeing a beloved pet in distress.
Zcm-28 I have to research this but believe elevation where I live is lower the yours my town has many hills and valleys. I live around one mile from the Hudson River down hill from me but think my elevation is under 500 feet.
Hunts2long may the water problem at Lindsay's school be repaired. never a good thing when you are waiting for parts that are coming from a different state.
Wallyworld may you be dug out and seeing a break from the snow. Good looking cookies don't think I've seen the chocolate cookies with the peppermint kisses before good combination.
Whopper Stopper may the errands be completed. May snow fall totals be on the low side so lake ice formation is not set back to bad.
Old goat hope it was a good out if you got out ice fishing. may you also not be hit to bad by the coming snow storm.
Fish/hunt4ever sounds like you have done your research best to you with the live bait business.
Tomturkey may you be feeling better and getting your strength back.

may everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25761 on: Dec 09, 2021, 10:46 PM »
Was hoping to see OG went catching. Mail man delivered the property tax statement for next year. Also got a notice from the township, that wanting dogs licensed. Well there goes a meal out. :%$#!: $10 and cert of Raies immunization which I would need to get from the vet or it would be $20
Sounds like the south end will have rain rather than snow with the next weather maker.

WW now you did it, I am going to bake me some cookies. Hope they turn out looking as good as your do.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25762 on: Dec 10, 2021, 05:02 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 19* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                            Eddie.........I'm sorry to read that Cody is still not doing well, my prayers er sent his way. :( When I went with my son on Wednesday,
                 we drove by a couple small ponds that have early ice generally, but they were wide open. It's going to be a late start to ice fishing this year. :cookoo:
                 And next weeks weather looks like temps in the 40's and even up to 50 one day. :%$#!:
                            Wally.........Those treats/cookies look delicious. :thumbsup: :flex:
                            Marv..........It's nice to know that some people are willing to wait till spring for your service. :thumbsup: Others generally want it done
                 yesterday and get upset that you won't come now. :whistle:
                            Bud...........Having a pet is a big responsibility these days. Some communities are very strict on getting the dog licensed and vaccinated. :whistle:
                            Steve........I think we're going to see a lot more schools going virtual again.  :unsure:
                            H2l...........The pictures I saw on the news of the pipe they cut out, looks to have been leaking a long time. Gloversville is an old city and the
                 pipes need to be upgraded, but unfortunately the cost is astronomical and municipalities wait till they rupture then cut out a section and replace it. :cookoo:
                            Zcm..........Elevation isn't a factor, it's the terrain that you have that gives you the winds. :blink:
                            Fish..........That's a good idea to filter you water, most bait shops around here just keep a slow flow of water in to their tanks and an overflow
                 which keeps the water fresh. :o
                            Well my wife got bored yesterday and while I was in town she cut a Charlie Brown tree from out property, so I guess we have a tree. lol :roflmao:
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25763 on: Dec 10, 2021, 05:33 AM »
Morning all, 29° with heavy freezing fog here, heading for 57° and heavy rain later in the day.

Had to leave work early yesterday, got a call from the school nurse, they thought the kiddo had pink eye. Picked him up from school and went straight to the clinic... yep, pink eye in both eyes 🤦‍♂️

IW - yeah, it is just about dead flat around here with almost no trees.  Here's a view from my deer stand... I can actually see my house from it, and it's 2.5 miles away.

mr.clean - yeah, it's entirely different terrain out there. My wife is originally from NH, so I've been out across NY several times when we make trips to visit the in-laws. We go across the Hudson River near Albany on the way out and back. Covid has been picking up bad here, too. A bunch of the teachers at my kid's school are out for it right now, including his. We've had several people at work out with it the past couple weeks as well.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25764 on: Dec 10, 2021, 06:17 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Z,  Morning Everyone,
  Calm and cloudy 29* on the Hill this am, high of 38 today.

Jeff….thank you, we’re seeing some improvements with Cody but going up the stairs has been difficult. Seeing the same thing here with the ice, tomorrow calling for rain and 56* for a high.  :%$#!:  Congratulations to Mrs.IW surprising you with the  Christmas tree!    :clap:
  Bud…understand the urge for cookies after seeing those pictures!  ;D  How did they turnout?
  Steve…that’s too bad about the school, agree with Jeff, believe we’ll be seeing more to come in the near future unfortunately.
  FH4…sounds like a good setup to filter the water, hope everything works out well for you!   :thumbsup:
  OG..hoping you put some fish on the ice yesterday, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…good for you closing up the tree service, especially with spearing season right around the corner…looking forward to that!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…What a fine looking assortment of cookies…YUM!!!  :bow:  :clap:
  H2…when does the reservoir freeze on average up there? My sons were curious, my guess was somewhere in mid to late January but who knows with the weather patterns we get.
  Z…I haven’t small game hunted in quite some time, but might get back into that again this season…best of luck to you!   :thumbsup: 

Well, received my first retirement check yesterday in the mail…guess I’m officially retired now.  Ironically, a good friend called me yesterday afternoon and asked if I’d be interested in helping him out with a brick job coming up…to be determined!   ;D
  Thank you all for the kind words for Cody… :thumbsup:  Have a large batch of bone broth brewing in a crockpot right now which I’m anxious to try with him. A Vet suggested it to me and after researching it, found it to be pretty impressive with healing qualities for both dogs and humans alike.
  Cawfee’s on…

Z…wow, sorry to read that about your son…best wishes for him! 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25765 on: Dec 10, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....kudos to MrsIW for the surprise   :clap:

Z.....wishing your son a speedy recovery  ;)

Eddie.....interesting info on the broth, hope it helps Cody  :thumbsup:

MrC.....decided to leave the shovel on it's hook and let Mother Nature take care of the snow  ;)2

WS....hope all your errands went well  @)

IFF.....always some place for the $$ to go besides the fun stuff    :blink:

Our county exec yesterday announced a mask mandate for all public indoor places starting Monday until at least January 10   :-\  Let the protests/fights/name calling begin again  ::)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25766 on: Dec 10, 2021, 06:38 AM »

26 degrees, on the cusp of a snow dumping. Listening to the guessers I'm not sure it's even safe to be in my house ??? The long and the short of it is most will go south of us, but we should still see 5"-8". The snow totals only bother me because the lakes will suffer.

IW.....One year I put up a Charlie Brown tree up at the shack. My wife said it was one of her favorites ever :flex:

Z....You weren't kidding about open space. Looking forward in reading some coyote hunt stories :thumbsup:

Bud.....Different Cities and municipalities don't miss a beat. In the jungle if people don't pick up their pets poop, some suburbs send out a "Turd Removal Engineer" to spiff things up. Of course the City also sends a bill for such a fine service which either you can pay within a certain time frame or it gets added to your taxes :pinch:

Eddie....Are you going to frame the check or cash it ;D Hope the bone broth helps Cody. I am afraid the spearing will be delayed a bit.

WW....Errands all completed :thumbsup:

Not a lot on the planner today. My wife told her boss she wanted to work from home in anticipation of bad roads this afternoon. Unbelievably she was given the green light to do so ???

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25767 on: Dec 10, 2021, 07:07 AM »
It was 24* earlier by has already warmed up to 30*
IW, glad you have a tree.
Eddie, hope both you a Cody enjoy the broth. Hope he is doing better. Congrats on your 1st check. There have been years where people were fishing before Christmas. Most years by early Jan. Yesterday there was "skim" ice down to the campsite for the 1st time this year, but pretty sure that will be gone after Sat. warm up and rain. We have had cold weather but the wind just won't stop.
ZCM, be hard for anything to get by you without being seen.
I see Gloversville is still on a "boil" water mandate but I think the school was only closed that one day.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25768 on: Dec 10, 2021, 07:39 AM »
Ok got my usual wake up call, Jake ;D my coffee, checked on weather 32* and some rain afternoon, then sliding into some light snow. Understandable on dog restrictions.  So far he has all his shots, still seems to be dealing with an ear infection, shakes his head violently, his flapping ears sounds like a drum roll.  The thought has occurred to me, that if he doesn't respond to voice commands, he could be headed to the human society. Even though he is a loveable pet.

Need to get my freezer moved here from the grand daughters walk out basement.  Then no need for me to be paying the utilities there.  To me makes more sense for them to have the house winterized.
Quick breakfast, then get on with the day.

better days are coming ?
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25769 on: Dec 10, 2021, 09:47 AM »
Bud......You should get the ear looked at, he could lose his hearing in that ear. He's to young for that.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.