Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1645847 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25470 on: Nov 19, 2021, 04:08 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                            It's 31* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                            Wally..........Congrat ulations tp Mr. WW what a nice buck, he must like that crossbow. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                            Eddie..........I bet your mother is liking the more frequent visits. :thumbsup: Were you able to get out for some more scouting? ???
                            Bud............It might take Jake a couple of more days to get back to his old self. :unsure:
                            Zcm...........That looks like a nice set up you have, deer like to take the easy paths unless you're tracking one. :whistle:
                            Fish............I use to keep bait in a washing machine drum that I put in a brook, but the winters were so cold the brook would freeze solid
                   then we tried putting the drum in an abandoned dug well that I had on my property but they died. We figured that the well was contaminated
                   with the road salt from the county road. :%$#!:
                            Marv...........Safe travels to "The Shack" :thumbsup:
                            I keep missing the deer, not shooting wise, timing, I get in the woods just after they have been near my trail cam or just after, I think
                   they wait until I leave and walk by just to aggravate me. It would surprise me if some time I see a picture of one sticking his tongue at the camera.
                            I'll keep plugging away.
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW 

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25471 on: Nov 19, 2021, 04:21 AM »
Morning all, 25° clear and dead calm here presently. Supposed to be down to 22 shortly before sunrise, and 36 for the afternoon high. Couldn't ask for any better weather for deer opener.

Just whipping up some biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and perking up a pot of coffee to fill the thermos before I head out. Legal shooting time starts at 6:13am this morning, so I still have an hour or so before I gotta get rolling out of the house to get to the stand before first light.

IW - they are pretty predictable when they come on the property... the problem is they can be pretty infrequent, at times.  :'(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25472 on: Nov 19, 2021, 05:08 AM »
Good morning Everyone  :bow:

18 and crisp this morning. Looks like tomorrow it will make it into the 40's.

Bud....Safe travels Sir!

Z.....Best of luck, hope you get a crack at one :thumbsup:

IW/h2l...Best of luck if/when hitting the woods :thumbsup:

WW....Did the Mr. make it back home with his buck?

I am going to throw a few more things in the truck then hit the road in a little while. My wife took the day off so she will come with me. Tomorrow the s-i-l will come up for the day, then the girls will head home tomorrow. I have a couple trees that need some work, mostly just some shack puttering time for me.

Best of luck to everyone that is in the woods, or heading to the woods. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25473 on: Nov 19, 2021, 06:28 AM »
34* and we just had a snow shower.
No deer yesterday. Rained in the PM. I had planned on going this morning but woke up before midnight and had to take an Ibupropen. My right hip and left ankle were killing me. Not sure if it is too much sitting in the car or sitting in the woods. Maybe just my old bones.
Eddie, good luck in the woods in the morning. Be safe. There won't be many hunters up this way in the morning.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25474 on: Nov 19, 2021, 06:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  34* and windy here this am, high of 38 today. Supposed to get some snow showers soon, hopefully enough to coat the woods for tomorrow’s opener!  ;D

Marv…safe travels, glad your wife will be making the trip with you today! Have a nice weekend and hopefully no problems with trespassers.. :thumbsup:
  Z…best of luck today with the opener…will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…got the fingers crossed for you this morning, hope you’re right on time today…best of luck!   :thumbsup:  Didn’t have the time left to do anymore scouting yesterday afternoon, will see what tomorrow brings.
  Bud…sounds like you found some hunting grounds!   :clap:  Safe travels and best of luck Sir…will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…good luck with the bait!  :thumbsup:  We have some pretty strict rules here in NY for possession and use of minnows unfortunately or I’d be stocking up heavily for the ice season.  :cookoo: :%$#!:
 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjY5oTptqT0AhWkQzABHV_oCToQFnoECAIQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eregulations.com%2Fnewyork%2Ffishing%2Fbaitfish-regulations&usg=AOvVaw0bS0KKE4XJQiHaQO5yW-wB
  H2..sorry to read that about the pains this morning, hope they pass soon!   :thumbsup:  Thanks, looking forward to the sunrise in the woods tomorrow morning.  ;D
  Wally…have been waiting for NY to adjust the crossbow season to the regular bow season dates before I purchase one…it is on my list!  ;D  Good luck to Mr.WW with today’s hunting and tomorrow’s opener!   :thumbsup:

Getting everything in order today and off to the store to get the ingredients for a hearty hunter’s breakfast in the morning, lol. Cawfee’s still on …
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25475 on: Nov 19, 2021, 06:51 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......safe travels and good luck  :thumbsup:

IW.....isn't taunting a penalty now  ??? :roflmao:

Eddie.....good luck tomorrow  :flex:

H2L.....hope the ibuprofen helped  :-\

Z.....good luck to you also  :)

FH4....safe travels, enjoy the vacay  :clap:

WS....safe travels, have a great weekend  @)  how are the b-i-ls and their families  ???

MrC.....according to the local news last night my county had the highest number of positive covid tests in a 24 hour period since Jan 15th yesterday, positivity rate of 6.1%  :wacko:

Woke to about an 1" of snow on the ground this morning and still coming down  :blink:  guess it will make the hunters happy if it sticks around for tomorrow's gun opener  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25476 on: Nov 19, 2021, 07:25 AM »
Wow those are some rules, here we can buy a seining tag for 20 bucks a year but there are certain areas for each part of the state and one side of the state is no live bait at all.  Talked to the game and fish and Anderson is the only bait fish hatchery that I can get minnows shipped in from to have here in the state, looking at NY it looks like you could get some from them as well, just not sure on the other required tags or things that you might need, looks like I have to spend 65 bucks a year to order them in and then the 20 for the seine tag so it might cost me a bit but with 30 or 50 dozen minnows cheaper that I can buy in town and then be able to sell some over time to make a little money back for my tags might be worth it but still weighing the options a bit, lots of money to drop just for some fishing time.  Well still staying around the freezing mark actually feels like November a bit, maybe still a little October as not cold enough to have ice yet, last year ice fishing was going on down here by thanksgiving not this year.  Have a good Friday everyone take it easy and good luck to everyone on the opener if headed out. 

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25477 on: Nov 19, 2021, 04:38 PM »
Winter seems to have arrived. Wind chills down to -30 next week.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25478 on: Nov 19, 2021, 05:57 PM »
Nada for me today.  I saw one deer this morning around 7:15am or so, but it was about 200 yards over the property line, and 300 yards away from my stand.

A coyote ended up spooking it off, but then made a fatal mistake crossing onto my spot about 15 minutes after the deer had skedaddled.  So no deer for me today, but one less coyote roaming the farm.

I only heard a couple distant shots this morning, and none in the afternoon.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25479 on: Nov 19, 2021, 09:10 PM »
Good evening everyone!

We got up to the shack to find a strange vehicle parked by our gate.

Friend or foe?

Bad signal tonight, hopefully better tomorrow.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25480 on: Nov 19, 2021, 10:06 PM »
Good evening everyone!

We got up to the shack to find a strange vehicle parked by our gate.

Friend or foe?

Bad signal tonight, hopefully better tomorrow.

WS

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting twesspassers!!!!  :whistle:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25481 on: Nov 19, 2021, 10:29 PM »
 Good evening after warming up on Thursday more seasonal temperatures today with a high in the middle fifties. Over the past few months there hs been an increase in gun violence affecting two cities in my area of NY. This past Tuesday gun shot were fired outside of Poughkeepsie high school (Dutchess county) and on Wednesday in the city of Newburgh (Orange county) four young men (16-18 years old) were shot by a middle school . Poughkeepsie's high school was closed on Wednesday and Thursday reopening today,Newburgh's high school was closed Thursday and today. The Newburgh city council is asking for the formation of a task force to help combat the gun violence the task force would consist oc city police officers, county sheriff deputies.state police and FBI. Some of the gun incidents have been gang related.
Hunts2long I hope a day of rest has your hip and ankle feeling better. Good to read your wife's doctors visit went well this week. When you get back to hunting may you see a buck in range of your rifle.
Zcm-28 may you removing the coyote lead to your seeing more deer in your hunting area.
Ice Wanderer hopefully you will be in the stand one time when the deer pass through before the season ends this year.
Wallyworld  article in my local newspaper about how the state is watching the rise in covid infections and for now letting localities decide what actions to take but ready to issue mandates at some point in time. Good to hear you found all the items on Christmas shopping list. Congratulations to Mr.WW on the buck. Did you need to put the snow blower into service today.
Whopper Stopper  may you have found everything in good order with the shack never good to find a strange vehicle parked by/on your property. Glad you finished the tree job in spite of the wind. may all go well with the tree work at the shack .
Raquettedacker I hope all is good with you and the family. Best to you with the deer hunting.
Eddie I see Kyle Rittenhouse was found not guilty of a ll the charges he faced may any protest over trail results stay peaceful. Good to read you are taking advantage of the eased visitation requirements at your Mom's nursing home may she, the other residents and staff stay Covid free. Best to you and your sons during tomorrow big game season rifle opener for Ny.'s Southern zone.
IFF may Jake be feeling better and having a good post surgery recovery. Good to hear you found a place to hunt. Best to you in harvesting a deer.
Fish/hunt4ever have a good trip and time in Colorado.
Drifter looks like the ice roads should be opening soon as lakes should build ice with the comomig cold temperatures.

Have a good night. Best to all hunting tomorrow stay alert and be safe in the woods and fields.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25482 on: Nov 20, 2021, 03:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 25* here this am, high of 40 today.  We had some snow showers coming through yesterday afternoon that left a nice light blanket of snow on the ground for a little while…hopefully more is left where we’ll be hunting this morning.

Just a quick hello this morning as I’m running a tad behind and in charge of breakfast… ;D.
  Sending best of luck wishes to all the deer hunters heading out for today’s opener in the Southern Zone of NY and all those heading afield!  :thumbsup:

Marv…hope there wasn’t any problems with that strange vehicle…will be looking forward to your report!

Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25483 on: Nov 20, 2021, 04:38 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 22* and clear here on my hill.
                          Eddie..........Good luck to you and the boys today, hopefully the full or new moon have the deer moving for your opener. :thumbsup: :flex:
                          Wally...........Taunti ng is only a penalty in the NFL. lol :roflmao: I'm glad you got your Christmas shopping done. :thumbsup:
                          Steve...........I have mixed feelings about the Rittenhouse verdict. Hopefully it doesn't lead to violence. :whistle:
                          Dave............I'm glad to see that winter has finally arrived in your area, may the ice road open up soon so you can get out to
                  your cabin. :flex:
                          H2l...............Good luck this morning if you're feeling up to being out. :thumbsup:
                          Raquette.......Good luck to you and your crew for todays opener. :thumbsup:
                          Zcm.............Good thing getting rid of the coyote, one less predator to hearses the deer. :flex:
                          Marv.............I hope the strange vehicle is a friend. :unsure:
                          I'll be heading out in a bit myself.
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25484 on: Nov 20, 2021, 05:06 AM »
Good morning everyone!

32 degrees at the cranberry bog.

Opening morning of the 2021 deer gun opener.

Good news on the vehicle, it was a friend. As a matter of fact a friend of everyone at the Shanty.

Eddie...best of luck sir!!

Z.....may day 2 be better. Good job on the yote!

Good luck to  everyone heading to the woods!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25485 on: Nov 20, 2021, 05:19 AM »
Morning all,

Best of luck to everyone hitting the woods this morning  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:

Be safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25486 on: Nov 20, 2021, 06:12 AM »
Marv could it be the “riffraff” you spoke about ?
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25487 on: Nov 20, 2021, 06:36 AM »
I got a picture of him but my phone has no service  :%$#!: :%$#!:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25488 on: Nov 20, 2021, 07:47 AM »
Don’t feel bad
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25489 on: Nov 20, 2021, 08:22 AM »

Bud

Friend!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25490 on: Nov 20, 2021, 08:37 AM »
                                                                                  YAY :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25491 on: Nov 20, 2021, 08:47 AM »
Morning all, 35° with a stiff wind, clouds, and spotty snow flurries here at the moment.

Just got back from the stand. I didn't see squat... didn't even see a bird until nearly 8am. Heard a couple of shots at 6:30, a couple more at 6:50, and one right at 7, and nothing after that. All of them were pretty distant, too. 

They are discing the field across the ditch from me this morning. They were getting close enough I wouldn't have been comfortable taking a shot even if I had seen something, so I just packed it in. Hoping the wind settles down a bit before I head back out this afternoon, because it was pretty miserable sitting.

WS - funny thing... that's the 4th coyote I've taken out there while deer hunting, only gotten 1 deer  :roflmao:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25492 on: Nov 20, 2021, 08:51 AM »
I guess it is time for me to post.

I only hunted the first two and half days of deer season. I had come down with something in my lungs causing me to continue trying to hack it up. I only saw three deer. I only heard 6 or 7 shots all day on opening day. The shot count went down after that.

I went to a walk-in clinic across from the hospital we use for any blood work that needs to be drawn. I ended up seeing a Nurse Practitioner that was great. She took a nasal swab to make sure I did not have covid. She threw away the first swab as it was bent out of shape. She could have used it as I would not have known the difference. She prescribed a couple of things that should clear up my lungs.

Marv The first cell phone I had I could not call the house from the yard. My truck broke down in a larger town 20 miles south of home. No service there either. It cost me $3.00 for a minute on a pay phone to call to get a ride home.

IW I think we are going to try and salvage the old blind and move it down closer to where the deer want to cross as it is almost 200 yards. In Michigan it is illegal to burn used lumber but you can burn new lumber.

FH4E. I got into fat head minnows on an ice fishing trip in Ontario. The gallon jugs we kept them in ended up full of slush ice. It only took a little while in the hole in the ice for them to start swimming.

IFF We always put a pill for the dogs in a marshmallow. Any left over mashmellows can be made into samores

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25493 on: Nov 20, 2021, 11:25 AM »

Bud

Friend!

That dude looks super sketchy!!!  :roflmao:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25494 on: Nov 20, 2021, 11:27 AM »
I'm waiting for it to warm up a couple of degrees before I head out to do a little work on the SxS.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25495 on: Nov 20, 2021, 01:52 PM »
Well getting things done around the house today was going to go and help a guy put and try and get his daughter an elk but he never called and I did not get his number. But got some more wood cut up into blocks and split some wood on the splitter and loaded the house up and outside pile so I do not have to do it when we get home. Thought about doing some pheasant hunting just seems too nice out and the birds will be getting up too far away with all the pressure. Daughter is going with my brother and his girl to go out whitetail hunting only until the end of the month and being gone next week is putting a damper on his hunting. Well better get back to it. Have a great Saturday everyone hopefully some pictures of some deer will be here latet.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25496 on: Nov 20, 2021, 03:27 PM »
Got my expensive custom fabbed plow mounting bracket installed.
Works goodly!!! All ready fer winter now.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25497 on: Nov 20, 2021, 06:33 PM »
43° and calm now.

Didn't see diddly squat this afternoon, but the weather was a lot better, so it was a pleasant sit, at least. Heard 7 shots between about 2:30 and dark, none very close. Had to run to town after coming out of the stand, and saw 2 guys loading 2 bucks into a truck a couple miles northwest of my hunting spot, so I'm guessing they were some of the shots I heard.

Drifter - Betting that thing cost more than both of my cars did brand new combined. You rich kids...  :roflmao:

tomturkey - hope you get feeling better.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25498 on: Nov 20, 2021, 06:36 PM »
Good evening not sure how accurate this reading is thermometer on my balcony showing 44 degrees currently. The two shootings events mentioned in my last post did get mentioned on NBC's NYC station morning news. Looking forward to all the deer hunter's reports tomorrow i hope everyone at least saw a deer while out hunting.
Eddie did the snow last long enough to provide signs of deer activity this morning.
Ice Wanderer have same feelings about the Kyle Rittenhouse case heard there were some arrests for disorderly conduct among protesters in NYC last night.
Whopper Stopper very nice of you to allow IFF/Bud to hunt on your "shack" property.  :clap: :thumbsup:
Wallyworld has Mr.WW returned from hunting camp yet with his deer.
IFF/Bud nice that you and Whopper Stopper meet during his and the "Girls" trip to the Rockies a year or two ago and have become friends. Best to you with the deer hunting.
Zcm-28  glad the weather was better for your afternoon hunt sorry to hear no deer paid you a visit today.
Tomturkey sorry to hear your deer hunting was cut short by illness may you get back to good health quickly. Going by your post sounds like bad things snow balled on you getting sick and then your truck breaking down in area without cell phone service.
Drifter good you have the plow mount done and plow on your SXS just as temperatures start dropping by you and first snow maybe happening before to long.
Fish/hunt4ever best to your brother and your daughter with the deer hunting. have a great time at great wolf lodge in Colorado. smart move processing some firewood before the trip so it is on hand if needed upon your return.

Everyone stay healthy and safe. Best to all hunting and fishing.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25499 on: Nov 20, 2021, 07:05 PM »
Steve
I actually got to try it out as there was some snow on the ground that I could push out of the way.
It had blown pretty good so it was 6"-8" in places.
Plow didn't fall off so I think we're good.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.