Author Topic: Post some Pics  (Read 19131 times)

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
Post some Pics
« on: Jan 16, 2005, 08:46 AM »
Hello all

Let's see how you having been doing this year. Who has some pic's ..even from last season.
Post away and I can live vicariously through you LOL  since Winter refuses to stay in my area !!!!

I was looking through some of my pics from last year and thought I would post this one.

This was the only perch of this size to come through the ice that day.
Little minnow out fishes us every time, that's why she is not coming to Lake Simcoe LOL ( she is NOT happy)
I am sure she could even make the great Germ look like an armature LOL

Minnow

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
Re: Post some Pics
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2005, 01:07 PM »
My JUMBOS from last year ;D
I FISH, THEREFORE I AM, IN SEARCH OF THE HEDI MOGIN !!!!HAVE ROD WILL TRAVEL!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Fishhead4268/IceShanty_Banner21.png

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Right on folks . I guess I better get digging too . ;D Keep them coming . ;D

TD

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Wow those are some great pics everyone!! 8) Fishhead how big were those perch?Troutslayer awesome trout in that last pic how big was that giant?Keep em comin!!! ;D

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2005, 02:36 PM »
I bet it was a tight fit great job on that!! :o Must have been a great battle!!Sweet pics for sure you sure have some nice places to fish!! :)

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2005, 02:37 PM »

IMG]There is nothing like CHROME on the CENTERPIN!!!!!!!

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Troutslayer I don't have any Icefishing pics on my computer and to tell you the truth the bigget perch I have caught out of lake manitoba has only been 12.5" and I haven't really caught any huge fish through the ice besides ling :-[ ;D But I could post a 14 3/4 " crappie from this summer and a couple of big cats but they are from the summer ???

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Hey fishead what was up with that brown??? Looked like its tail was ripped off? Did ya fight one of those BEars for it??? LOL Nice pics guys nice pics for sure.....Ill post a few if i can lol.........
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Allright I start with my biggest crappie 14 3/4" quick photo measure and away she swam to get bigger.Here is a couple of many big cats this summer.                                                     

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:19 PM »

Last years LAte ice Perch (march sometime Warm weather)
Lake Simcoe Whitie

Some Smcoe Toothy Criiters nice eating Size.....
Anything after that starts to get Fatty for me...

Trout And herring Harp Lake

Ling Harp Lake

LAke Of Bays LAke Trout

My friend Shawns Laker FRom Lake of Bays

Jacks Lake Crappie (Ontaro Anglers board get together)

My Cousin (Molson) HOlding A couple SLabs from our day....
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Would like to hit into some of those........
I usually wont keep any trout myself if its over 6.......
I like em under that weight .Just seem to taste better and less fatty.....
Those Cats are sweet though would like to hunk into one of them ........That fight would be awesome i tell ya......
Troutslayer ya every get any nice ling out there on Lake of Bays?

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:35 PM »
The biggest of those cats is prolly 21-23lbs no more.Catch them up to 30+lbs .They are a blast!! ;D Get some real nice ling out of lake manitoba too my biggest was a 36.5 in fatty I have an old pic of one day with my step-dad and my uncle we caught about 14 ling big ones and over 400 perch I'll scan it on to the computer next time i go to my parents.Once it warms up again here I will go out and take my camera and take some pics no digital though  :P ;D

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:36 PM »
I Don't keep any trout, Those big laker's don't taste good anyway, Steel tastes good smoked.  The tail on that brown are spawning battle scares, if you are fishing Canada waters you should be familiar with centerpin fishing!!  Once I started pining I put down the spin rod except for spring crappie!!!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Ya .......That tail though I guess its curved up on the other side of the fish.......Casue you see the red then no tail left....Looks like ya grabbed her and took a bite lol..beauty Fish though.......I dont have any Pics of the SAlmon    OIv'e caught.......
Been a few years SInce iv'e hooked a nice one and BAck then i guess we were catching so many that No one thought to take pics casue they were All big lol........In the double digits anyhow.....Now a days Can't Get as many or When ya go the shoulder to shoulder thing bites.....Anyhow Nice pics guys and tight lines!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Yep Rat bay.........Thers a little Creek in the spring slash/summer that i fish there For brookies.......Nothing big.biggest out of there been bout a pound.Still nice eating though.........Man oh man Should target those Ling troutslayer....Nice eating......id trade anyone pound for pound from perch for ling lol.........Tight lines!

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Great pics guys!!Love seeing big fish................ac tually any fish ;D :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:55 PM »
Dang Man........

I don't get specs anywhere near that.....For me they are just About Pan size or sometimes if im lucky...(very Few) just over a pound lol..........

Wouldnt mind snaggling some of those beauties.........Pleas e tell me you ate her....LOL..........Da mm ol brookies taste sweet. That Hunker of a bass nice also.....

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2005, 04:02 PM »

Usually i DOn't keep Bass.....But I forgot to bring the Camera so This Lil guy had to be part of a selective harvest lol........
This was Last years Myfishfinder Bass winner for that month lol.......

Just so you can see the SIze for the norm i usually catch (with exceptions being just over a pound) Of Brookies from the Rivers Up near huntsville

This is what happens when you follow to closly on the ATV On those back windy Logging Roads lol

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2005, 05:20 PM »
SOme beautiful colors in those brooks there GOS........Nice one:>::>
Of course the other fish are great too..........Just something about brookies i dont know what it is..........

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2005, 06:00 PM »
Or at least i do........LOL......... ..
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2005, 10:08 PM »
Well i ws responding to him.But apprently he has been pulled.........LOl dont know what to tell ya.............It made sense when it ws first there.......ANd no we dont share a pc since he lives 3 hours or more away from me lol....

trapperdirk

« Reply #21 on: Jan 17, 2005, 09:20 AM »
how do you post a picture ?   (Image removed from quote.)http://C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\My Logitech Pictures (ftp://http://C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\My Logitech Pictures)

First open an acct at photobucket.com  and upload your pics to there,, Joneser,, and if you can,, resize them before to 300x400 pix so that the folks on dialup can load them easier .

Heres photobucket link  http://photobucket.com/

Then here is the link for the " how to" to put them on the site here.Just ignore where it says sharemation and think of it as photobucket .

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=5732.0

TD

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2005, 02:32 AM »
YAHOOO thanks trapper
well its 40 below and I dont give a %&#@ got a 40 in the truck got a heater in the hut and im off to the to the perchin grounds 

trapperdirk

« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2005, 06:03 AM »
You da man Jonser . Congrats on mastering  posting pics . We all had our own demons with it and looks like you caught on quick . ;D I think it took me months . :-\ ;) ;D

TD

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 2005, 09:31 AM »
yea its not as hard as remembering my phone # just ask germ hahaha and thanks agian trapper
 ;D
well its 40 below and I dont give a %&#@ got a 40 in the truck got a heater in the hut and im off to the to the perchin grounds 

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2005, 03:07 PM »
here is a ling my buddy got on simcoe last year as a matter a fact thats germs fish posted the wrong one lol...

Offline Sluggo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On the ice it's twice as nice!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Here's a 3.9 pounder from the summer.

And a decent crappie from a couple of years ago.

Lombardy, Ontario, Canada

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
« Reply #27 on: Jan 18, 2005, 04:29 PM »
hey sluggo were did ya get that slab of a crappie ?

BryanC

« Reply #28 on: Jan 18, 2005, 04:41 PM »
ya man, that is one nice crappie. u joining us for teh get together this sat????

Offline Sluggo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On the ice it's twice as nice!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 18, 2005, 04:58 PM »
The crappie was caught on Mississippi lake near Carleton Place ON.  That was a wild season.  We never caught a single walleye but caught well over 300 black crappie.  It was so bad that after a couple weeks of bringing home 20-30 each we started to only keep 11+" fish. 

Won't make it to the get together this weekend.  Just moved into a new pad with the girlfriend an assume I will have some sort of crap to do there. :-\ 

Lombardy, Ontario, Canada

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.