The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Worst Fishing Trip EVER!  (Read 1318 times)

Offline CedarLaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • CEDAR LAKER!
Worst Fishing Trip EVER!
« on: Jan 23, 2005, 04:23 PM »
Alright get this,
Ok today I was going out to the house on cedar lake at 1:00 and planning on moving the house cause we were getting sick of catching 50-150 crappies that were 5" long. so I get there and the lock is stuck alright, so I figure its just the door is wedged so we lift up the house and move it 10 feet cause we need to get inside to cover the holes and get it road worthy to move across the lake, but it turns out it wouldn't open so we go home to get some graphite and a blow torch to either make the bolt slide or heat up the bolt to make it slide like it was froze or somethin to we drive 15 minutes home to get the blow torch and graphite and get back and that works so we move the house acroos the lake and set it down and just as it looked like we were to start catchin some big fish, I get the auger out of the truck and try to start it and the stupid recoil was broke so we locked the house up and left. and to top it off, I left my night bag of perscription glasses and extra contacts in the fish house from this weekend and when I got home I just remembered I didn't grab it. This all happened TODAY!!! I am offically done ice fishing for the year and won't be back out until the carl's lake fishing contest and after that I am totally finished. Gotta start team roping in the rodeos around here cause ice fishing won't buy me a new truck! ;)  >:(
CedarLaker-----FINALLY GOT OUT on DECEMBER 16!!

Jiggathon

Re: Worst Fishing Trip EVER!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2005, 06:48 PM »
Everyone has their days! you just gotta learn to live and deal with it

Offline LoWbLaZaH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2005, 09:58 AM »
So are you pissed off at yourself or your ice house? Your just gonna give up?

One less person at the lake catching my fish is a bonus in my book! j/k

Offline CedarLaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • CEDAR LAKER!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2005, 04:33 PM »
I am mad at the house cuz I have worked countless hours on it this summer to get it ready for a great winter and it has just been a pain. Besides I have caught enough fish to satisfy me. I am going to get out on the last week of walleye and northern season to see how many I can scrape up. I will be off the lake this weekend until someone from my clan finds some good fishing.

good luck to yall and btw I have been catchin tiny craps on cedar for about 3 weeks and none of them are big enough to keep.
CedarLaker-----FINALLY GOT OUT on DECEMBER 16!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.