Author Topic: late night gills  (Read 875 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
late night gills
« on: Jan 12, 2015, 03:55 AM »
so talking to most people they don't know that gill fishing is hot at night. i have been fishing gills at night the last two years and boy is it my favorite time to fish them!!! the gills slow down for a hour or two as it gets dark bit then it picks back up and i have to say what a blast. if you haven't done it you should get out and try it. if wondering where to go i can take you out to where they are and show you how i do it. most people go after the crappie at night and i used to be one and then i started hooking into the 8"-12" gills and i was hooked and cant get enough of them. just something about reaching down and grabbing a thick thick gill and holding it your hands. hope you all get out to try it and are  able to see what i love about it.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: late night gills
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2015, 01:33 PM »
Sounds like a great time crappielover or should I say gillover. May have to take you up on that soetime for sure. I never have targeted gills at night but as you stated crappie a few times
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Mikey8it

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Im up north by ogden, is there somewhere out this way to target me some gills at night time?
FISH ON

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2015, 03:47 PM »
There's alot in Holmes creek but the ice there is not good if not gone by this weather. They are also plentiful in Steeds and 21st. Just have to get a cold snap. They can be found in the view but are tough to find
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2015, 05:30 PM »
mantua has some for you my friend. here are the pics i could get to download.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2015, 05:32 PM »
For sure mantua, don't know how I forgot that one
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2015, 05:36 PM »
ive also heard it that Willard bay has some not totally sure on that one though....

Offline Mikey8it

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:20 AM »
Yeah i have slayed them at steeds before. I will have to find the pics, i think i got the record for the smallest gill there last year. I need to get up to mantua though that sounds like a good time. Thanks for the info fellas. Also i have never fished holmes before i think i will def. get up there this year. Is there better spots than not on holmes?
FISH ON

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.