New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: jig a raps paint  (Read 488 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
jig a raps paint
« on: Dec 08, 2018, 03:44 PM »
I was cleaning my jig boxes and noticed I had 2 jig a raps both smaller and  fire tiger perch color and they felt sticky and the paint was soft and I could rub it off with my finger nail  rest of my box was fine and I have another 20 in the box been no plastics in the box it's a good plano box no worms or grubs in box .....any ideas why?

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: jig a raps paint
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Don't have the answer but add me to the list also wondering why. Some of my lures in the plastic boxes do get exposed to warmer temperatures though?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2018, 07:54 PM »
I'm going to call rapala and ask

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2018, 08:07 PM »
the finish broke down for some reason. did you add a scent to them ever? spray them with some WD40?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2018, 05:02 AM »
 I Just checked my raps and no break down here , once a few of my  jigs came into contact with some soft baits and that paint became soft and had to be cleaned and repainted

Offline coast51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2018, 05:19 AM »
 Is it a good rule to use seperate containers for the plastics and jigs.  Seems like the heat of summer would cause condensation. Trap-  do you ever use a Lure spray on the Jigs?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2018, 06:48 AM »
I never used scent  these were new last year I put them in the box last year they both were purchased at runnings in cicero both same color and size ...the clear coat appers to go soft and the paint will rub right off ,none of my other jig a raps were effect ....the only thing in the box was jig a raps kast masters and swidish pimps....no rubber no worms no scent I'm not even sure if I used these two I will try to post a picture .....I really believe it's some kind of manufacturing defect

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.