The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Stikemaster Augers (8")  (Read 1112 times)

Offline fishlessyooper

• IceShanty Rookie
Stikemaster Augers (8")
« on: Nov 24, 2019, 12:17 PM »
What is the advantage of having a Strikemaster Lithium 40V vs. Strikemaster Honda 35cc Lite?  The Lite weighs 23# & the Lithium weighs 24#.  The Lithium can cut 100 holes thru 8" of ice; surely the Lite can cut 100 holes thru 8" of ice on a tank of gas.  The 40v lithium battery runs around $100.00 or more to replace.  I don't how many times this battery can be charged before needing to replaced?  One last thing is if you put the new 8" lite-flite lazer drill on either powerhead won't they weigh about the same?  Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. Jeff

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Stikemaster Augers (8")
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2019, 02:22 PM »
Pretty much comes down to if you want batteries or gas and price at time of purchase. I didn’t want to deal with gas so I went electric. I have a drill setup with an 8” Lazer. So, I suppose you’d have to get whichever one is more suited to the way you like to fish.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2019, 02:41 PM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2019, 02:44 PM »
EXACTLY!!

This wont happen with my lithium batteries (Mine are made by Milwaukee not Tesla).

The man said he was out to fill his car with gas for his generators when the explosion occurred.

“There was a little hump, and that’s when the gas can went over. And I could hear it like, oozing out, going, ‘Doosh, doosh, doosh,’” he recalled. “And like I said, I had a cigarette going. … Everything happened so fast.”

In recounting the rescue, Little said he didn’t even notice Cyr had approached when a hand reached in and freed him from his seatbelt.

“I hugged him and I wanted to kiss him, you know?” he said. “But we shook hands. … For him to do what he did, I’m here to spend a little bit more time with my grandchildren.”
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2019, 11:22 AM »
bought an ion the first year I had my wheelhouse and have since gone back to gas
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.