Author Topic: Striker ice suits?  (Read 8233 times)

Offline wetline005

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I only fish on days that end in "Y"...
Striker ice suits?
« on: Dec 24, 2016, 02:43 PM »
Wanting to replace my old arctic armor and I tried on the Striker Hardwater suit and dang are those bibs bulky. Anyone who has these do they loosen up after a while? I felt like I was restricted while trying to walk. Thanks for any feedback.

Offline randyvt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Striker ice suits?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2016, 02:49 PM »
our whole family has hardwater suits they are the most amazing comfy suit ever , had  mine 4 years now  no problems except the snap on cloth patches on thighs wifey ended up sewing velcro on, to hold them in place

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2016, 02:51 PM »
The Hardwater line is pretty much the beefiest of the line. Like any suit over time or a washing per instructions fixes it.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2016, 04:59 PM »
The Striker suit I got last year is warmer than any snowmobile suit I ever had.  Yes it is a little bulky, but it is a float suit.  I broke through the ice in deep water late last winter (long story), the suit did it's job.  I really like the cloth patches for what they were made to do, but have had issues at times with them coming unsnapped, I have learned to take them off when running a chain saw, saw dust sticks to them.  When the time comes I will buy another Striker suit.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2016, 05:44 PM »
  I really like the cloth patches for what they were made to do, but have had issues at times with them coming unsnapped, I have learned to take them off when running a chain saw, saw dust sticks to them.  When the time comes I will buy another Striker suit.

Yep as does any bedding material from bait/wax worms/spikes etc.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2016, 09:26 PM »
I have the predator set and would definitely recommend them. I rarely take my shanty since I've got them. They are one of the best purchases I've made for ice fishing. I can't imagine having anything warmer than the predator set unless you lived in really extreme temps. It was 16 the other morning and I took my coat off because I was hot.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2016, 10:33 PM »
From what I've read on this forum, buyer beware!!!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2016, 11:20 PM »
Unbelievable

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2016, 12:06 AM »
way better than artic armor junk and clam ice armor!
customer service has always been top notch too.
try their climate suit if you want less bulk.

Unbelievable
lol! perfect!

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 25, 2016, 08:10 AM »
 ;D Had my predators 3 yrs. now. Best investment for ice fishing I ever made.
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline Bux n dux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 25, 2016, 08:31 AM »
3rd year on my bibs, 2nd year on my coat. The hardwater suit is one of the best purchases I've made.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 25, 2016, 08:49 AM »
Wanting to replace my old arctic armor and I tried on the Striker Hardwater suit and dang are those bibs bulky. Anyone who has these do they loosen up after a while? I felt like I was restricted while trying to walk. Thanks for any feedback.

You could buy a plastic bag from a homeless guy for a jacket and bibs and have better quality and customer service than your AA suit....been there done that. Striker is on a different level. Love mine.

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 25, 2016, 09:02 AM »
I would consider the frabil suite it is usga  approved flotation device
Bob P.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 25, 2016, 11:10 AM »
I would consider the frabil suite it is usga  approved flotation device
.          If going out in boat I'd want uscg approved, I'll stick with the best one made the Striker!!

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 25, 2016, 01:20 PM »
Agreed, you can't go wrong with striker. The attic armor is mediocre at best.
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 25, 2016, 01:31 PM »
Striker Predator suit on 3rd year... FANTASTIC outfit. I had a great sales lady that suggested getting the bibs one size larger than I thought and she was right. Never an issue with walking, bending, etc. other than my aging body. Like others here, I hardly ever zip the parka unless it's really cold or windy. Great suit... can't say enough good about it.

Offline Dan J

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2016, 02:50 PM »
Love my Striker Predator suit. Just as warm as my old Sno Suit but a lot lighter and way more comfortable.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2016, 02:58 PM »
Love my hard water ,During the day in ct it has to be rally windy to put jacket on , bibs and windbreaker enough. It shines at nite walleye fishing or on trips  north. Sat outside 5 degrees 30 mph long Jon shirt and flannel shirt under jacket and I was toasty. Best investment I ever made

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 25, 2016, 04:41 PM »
I only have the hardwater coat, but last night it was about 10 degrees and my only thought was, hmm, my feet are a little cold. Unzipped coat. Crazy warm.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #19 on: Dec 25, 2016, 07:43 PM »
I also love my Striker Hardwater suit. I can tell you that you won't get cold, and it does get very cold here. On the warmer days I have the jacket unzipped and the top of the bibs unzipped or just wear the bibs and a summer nylon rain coat. The quality is top notch. They are a little bulky but for the warmth factor it is well worth the extra bulk.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 25, 2016, 09:51 PM »
don't listen to the lies, the truth is spoken here?

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=336476.0

The suits are low grade and the customer service is below par... in other words the suits are over rated and over priced.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Dec 25, 2016, 10:19 PM »
so now we all lie in your eyes. you need help and fast!

too much eggnog tonight maybe lol. tis the season.

as far as strikers customer service, they are the best and your company you seem to be working for has no customer service what so ever. ask me how i know! why on earth would you want some one to spend with a company that does not want to take care of their customers ever?

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 25, 2016, 10:36 PM »
https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/ice_1212522/

Everyone has their issues.  How the company handles them is what matters.  Just to level out the playing field a little.

Offline Duke307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 25, 2016, 11:36 PM »
I have been looking at the hardwater suit myself. Anyone made the jump from Artic Armour to Striker?  Was wondering the sizing comparison?  Thanks.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 26, 2016, 05:03 AM »
I have been looking at the hardwater suit myself. Anyone made the jump from Artic Armour to Striker?  Was wondering the sizing comparison?  Thanks.

The AA bibs ran smaller than the Striker suit for me.  Its a night and dsy difference, and you cant get any worse customer service than AA. The owner or head manager whatever practically said everything that was wrong with my suit was my problem like the stitching coming undone and water leaking through the knees. He told me it was just persperation lol....after i said i got soaked kneeling in water....the guy was insane. Pretty much yelling over the phone.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #25 on: Dec 26, 2016, 07:45 AM »
The AA bibs ran smaller than the Striker suit for me.  Its a night and dsy difference, and you cant get any worse customer service than AA. The owner or head manager whatever practically said everything that was wrong with my suit was my problem like the stitching coming undone and water leaking through the knees. He told me it was just persperation lol....after i said i got soaked kneeling in water....the guy was insane. Pretty much yelling over the phone.

Sounds like you were talking to GCD himself. Lol

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Dec 26, 2016, 10:22 AM »
the aa parka run huge and the bib run small.
when i bought them, they were sold as a package with one size on the hanger for both pieces.
just buy your normal size.

if your buying for your woman and want her to have the ladies prizim suit, the bib runs small. they are designed to squat, so the back side is only belt high. you may want to buy her the mens if she wants a warm backside.

i'm just so glad some else is making a much better product. it would be hard to beat for any one after wearing and dealing with striker.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 26, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Bought my ex girlfriend the prizm and she loved it!
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline eyeball15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 26, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Just purchased the striker  predator bibs and jacket. Hope I never have to float in them. I just wanted a well made suit that Would hold up for along time. And keep me warm too. From all the reports I have read I think it was a good long term investment..

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 26, 2016, 07:49 PM »
you will only need a base later under the bibs, anything else and you will be hot and sweaty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.