Author Topic: Argo - ATV Use in Ontario  (Read 1692 times)

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
Argo - ATV Use in Ontario
« on: Jan 27, 2017, 08:54 PM »
I was hoping some of our fine Canadian neighbors could help me out. I am planning a trip to Lake Simcoe in March and want to bring my Argo to get around on the ice. I have helmets and the machine is insured, so I am wondering what else do I need. I live in Michigan and have the required ORV permit. Do I need some form of ATV permit to use it in Ontario?

Offline Wingthing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JustJigIt
Re: Argo - ATV Use in Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2017, 10:27 PM »
All you need is ownership, insurance & helmets for all, that's considering you only drive it from the launch & onto the ice. You can't drive them on skidoo trails where I live, not sure about Simcoe area if you could you would require a trail permit.

Offline timr35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Wingthing is right, all you need is helmets, insurance and ownership for the ice .
Be careful with alcohol, you can be charged with DUI or other  related infractions even on the ice ,
Have a great trip, be sure to post some pictures when you get back !

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2017, 07:48 AM »
Thank you, thank you!! Lake Simcoe has been a (minnow) bucket list fishing destination of our for years. I have all of the items you mentioned so I do believe we are good. Drinking and driving isn't a problem, unless they will nail me for too much coffee. I have a good lake map, and we will be staying in Barrie. Any places we should try for perch? I am pretty mobile once we get set up, so drilling some extra holes to get onto the fish isn't a problem. I hope it isn't the same "north of the border" but I am always cleaning up some slobs mess they left on the ice over here. People like that give the lot of us a bad name. If you can take it out, pack it up and take it back....

Thanks again. Looking forward to the trip.

Offline IFH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2017, 07:59 AM »
You might want to give these guy's a call  (705) 426-5080. They are an Argo dealer located in Beaverton (east shore of Simcoe) they should have the information you require. If not give the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) a call at their non-emergency number  https://www.opp.ca/

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2017, 12:10 PM »
Thank you one and all. I am grateful for the numerous messages and responses I have had to my post. Your kindness and generosity are very much appreciated.

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2017, 07:55 PM »
Your valid Michigan ORV permit is also required. Be it a sticker or license plate.
Bring it with you.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.