Author Topic: NilsMaster power auger  (Read 3861 times)

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
NilsMaster power auger
« on: Nov 12, 2005, 05:29 PM »
Anyone know where I can find one of these to buy in Ontario?  Can't seem to locate any in Ottawa area...

Any help is appreciated. :)

Don

trapperdirk

Re: NilsMaster power auger
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2005, 07:20 PM »
Anyone know where I can find one of these to buy in Ontario?  Can't seem to locate any in Ottawa area...

Any help is appreciated. :)

Don

LOL BM . ;D BPS carried the handbombers last year under there own name I hear . What are you looking for hand or power ? Bob D on this site will give you the goods . ;) ;D

TD

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2005, 08:04 PM »
Looking for a gas auger... not completely set on the Nils but want to check one out in person...

Don

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2005, 08:36 AM »
HI bucketmouth

there seems to have not that mutch around here(ottawa region),,,so might have probleme whit service and parts for a nill auger,,,,,

mabe a good old jiffy is the way to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,my 2 cents...

or get a husvarna,,,,,,,,,http://international.husqvarna.com/?url=%2Fnode2177%2Easp%3Fcid%3D277%26frames%3Dfalse

great shoping bucket,,,, ;)

trapperdirk

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2005, 10:39 AM »
Don't give up your search Don.  They are hands down the BEST auger money can buy and you'll have 10 holes cut by the time most folks are lucky to have 2 cut with any other brand.  They're that fast and they are super light so you can walk around and cut 25 holes straight through 2 feet of ice and not even break a sweat. 

Yup they are so good thats why they are so rare because not many use them . Kind of like a Jaguar in cars . More in showrooms than on the road but they sure are shiny and fast . ;D

TD

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2005, 12:34 PM »
HI SLIBOB

I dont think,,,,it will be like you said 10 hole before a jiffy(ex) make 2,,,,,i did not try one off those,,,,but i would be ready to bet ,,,,,that it will not even get close to this,,,, ;)....... ;)

mabe 3 to 2,,,at the most,,,,,,

personaly i dont like the nil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there almost none on the water around,here,,,,,

you no what,,,, i dont think that to save 5sec on a hole,,,,i would go for somthing,,,that nobody sale around here,,are the piece are hard to get,and no service around here and blade expensive to change,,,,, >:(

mabe there good..........i dont no,,,,,but i would not get one,,,,,,personel choice,,, :)

i got a jiffy 3hp,,,i love it,,,and my father still have a 30 year old jiffy and still going strong, ;D

nobody talk about the ,,,,HUSVARNA one,,,,,

and ice fishing is supose to be relaxing,,,,,,so dont realy care about saving 5 sec on a hole,(((IF SO))),,,but do care to have one that i am sher i would get stuck whit out one,,,because there no parts or helse,,,

joco.... ;D

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2005, 01:02 PM »
HI BUCKETMOUTH

I do no that nilmaster have a tanaka motor on it,,,,,,and there some place in the region that do sell some tanaka one,so,,,,same motor but diferent blade,,,

here the site for tanaka one,,,

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TIA-340

,,,,,,,i think there all good,(ice auger)) i come down to a personel choice,,,, ;)

can t wait to see you on ice bod,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;D

joco :)

trapperdirk

« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2005, 01:20 PM »
Ah that's okay by me.  LOL! He just doesn't realize that the reason Marcum technologies had to drastically lower the price of their sonar units from last year to the point of "giving them away" is because they are inferior and nobody bought them so now it's what you call a "Chinese fire sale" on a failed over-produced over-priced product.  They are left holding the bag on a huge inventory of unprofitable, unsold products and I still haven't seen ONE SINGLE PERSON anywhere on the ice using a Marcum, all I see are vexilars.  Funny because you don't see vexilar ever lowering their prices on the FL-8 because it's a superior product that people will pay top dollar for and they never have to compromise or lower their prices because they sell out every year.  ;) ;D 

Your talking to hear your head roar again Slipbob ??? .Marcum is clearing old stock to make for the new and its all about new tech and making advances not because of quality etc . Just like with cars . When a new model comes out prices are slashed and room is made for the new . All the power to you if you want to stay with the old tech of the vex and look at scrambled signals when a Marcum comes around . Myself I like a crisp clear screen on my TV screen just like I do on my flasher at ALL times .
   Next your Nils there is not suitable for our kind of fishing with its small hole and price wise is neck and neck with a husquavarna here and that is 800 cdn plus 15% tax which adds up to $920 bucks . I can drill alot of big holes with my 500 dollar Jiffy in comparison and buy a Marcum to boot for the price of one wimpy Nils . Oh and don't dare bump that Nils because you will be jumping through hoops to find new blades unlike the Jiffy here which blades can be found for at any mom and pop shop even .Were not chasing pocket size walleyes here or many pan fish on a regular basis and also my Jiffy does duty for trapping which is more than what you Nils pushers do with yours .

TD

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2005, 01:42 PM »
HI TRAPPERDIRK

WELL SAID''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' you read my mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D ;D

take care and see on ice soon,,,,,,,,,, ;)

joco

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Wow guys, didn't mean to open a can of worms here :)  Thanks for all responses from both sides of the coin. 

A few of my fishing buddies have Jiffy's and perhaps they just have duds but they're often either out of tune straight out of the box or just bloody slow. I realize that anything beats spinning by hand but I'm shopping around for other alternatives.  I do have a friend with a StrikeMaster Lazer with the 4 cutting blades and I was very impressed with it last season.  Anyone hear anything about it (good/bad)?

Thanks again for all responses so far.

Don

PS - Joco, can't wait to get out with ya on Crappie Bay... Je peux pratiquer mon français, tabarnaque!

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2005, 07:36 PM »
hi bucketmouth

I love jiffy,,,,,but you are right,,,,,there not on there top nutch wen,,,brand new frome the box,,,,,there are a ajustement to do,,,,wen brand new,,,,,............i will find this for you,,,, ;)....

tabarnak,,,,,,,, ;D

i think ICEMAN (f.h),,,,have a strickmaster,,,I think,,,you could ask him about is,,,but there seems to have some plastic probleme wit it,,,,thats what i saw on some site,,,,but its kwik,,,

did you no there 2 or 3 model a the homeardware store,,,,,the baracuda,,,,and the other one,,,shark,,if i remember right,,,,i think,,, ::) ::)

there about 6 model in the region,,,,,but there no NIL master and strickmaster are rare,,,,,

good shoping,,,,,always fun to shop for  TOYS,,,, ;D

ask one to SANTA,,,,,,,,,,, ;) ;D

take care,,,esti,,,

joco

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.