Author Topic: New StrikeMaster 4-stroke $$$  (Read 3155 times)

Offline kokanee

• IceShanty Rookie
New StrikeMaster 4-stroke $$$
« on: Sep 29, 2005, 01:14 PM »
Hey guys, I was at Natural Sports in kitchener today and got the MSRP on the auger.....$805.Guess I'm going to be looking for a different model.

P.S Anyone fish Ahmic,Bernard, or Cecebe?

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New StrikeMaster 4-stroke $$$
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2005, 06:28 PM »
I saw the new 4-Stroke Auger in Strikemaster's new catalog. It looks like the drill is composite or some sort of plastic. Catalog lists the weight at 20 lbs, other 8" models are 25lb. The plastic looks kind of cheesy.

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2005, 05:38 AM »
Hey guys, I was at Natural Sports in kitchener today and got the MSRP on the auger.....$805.Guess I'm going to be looking for a different model.

P.S Anyone fish Ahmic,Bernard, or Cecebe?

That is steep eh kokanee and yes I fish those three lakes but more Cecebe than Ahmic and Bernard gets rubbed often.

TD

Offline kokanee

• IceShanty Rookie
Tony's Fish Hut's on Cecebe
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2005, 11:23 AM »
Hey TD, I've fished with Tony twice last year....are you familiar with his location of his huts.We haven't really done that well with him,a few small pike, with a few very small picks.There has got too be some better places on the lake.

Thanks

trapperdirk

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I'm not sure where exactly he puts his huts out of but it wouldn't take long to figure out because I do live up here . LOL. ;) That whole system can be a hard fish at times but where I fish it for the pickerel (walleye) its 40 fow water and as a rule we only catch good size fish running up to 14 pounds and no pike ever, but we get quite a few whitefish and the scourge called rockbass .The majority of our fish are caught by jigging a minnow threaded on a jig head and just doing a slow lift off bottom . It's definately not an aggressive style of jigging say that you might use on Bernard for lakers and whities with a williams whitefish . Doe lake thats on this same system we on the other hand like the smaller williams with a minnow attached and jiggle it a foot off bottom to get the eyes into the mood . ;) I had some friends that fished shallower last year up closer to where the river comes into Cecebe that did quite well on the eyes but not any of the big ones that we catch in the deeper water . ;D

TD

Offline kokanee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2005, 10:05 PM »
Thanks for the tips/info.....perhaps we can meet up some time this year, my aunt and uncle recently bought a home in magnet, so I'll be up quite often.

trapperdirk

« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2005, 06:18 AM »
Not a prob Kokanee in hooking up and also keep yourself a date open sometime in March when we will be holding the ICESHANTY M&G somewhere on one of this  areas many lakes . This will also be a charity event to help those less fortunate than ourselves . We hope to see many folks and you will meet some from other boards as well that fish this area .
   If you need info and I can help to put you on some fish in this area just holler . ;D

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.