Author Topic: Pefferlaw Ice Conditions Lake Simcoe  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Wavemaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pefferlaw Ice Conditions Lake Simcoe
« on: Jan 14, 2013, 10:17 AM »
Can anyone report how the ice held up in Pefferlaw? Was originally planning to fish Sunday Jan 20th but after the big thaw, I am thinking we will have to wait until the the following weekend? We will not go out unless the hut operators are running. Any ice updates would be great as we are about 4 hours away.

Offline nino61881

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pefferlaw Ice Conditions Lake Simcoe
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Can anyone report how the ice held up in Pefferlaw? Was originally planning to fish Sunday Jan 20th but after the big thaw, I am thinking we will have to wait until the the following weekend? We will not go out unless the hut operators are running. Any ice updates would be great as we are about 4 hours away.

Im heading up to Pefferlaw next week. any report on the conditions?

Offline cff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2013, 06:01 AM »
I was out yesterday.(feb 6th) Ice was nice and smooth. People were parking on the ice. There is a pressure crack running from the top of the breakwall where the river empties into the lake running to the west. The van from peninsula resort was able to cross it no problem and we had no trouble with snow machines getting over it. Right now there's about a foot of ice.

Offline nino61881

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:00 AM »
great info how was the fishing?  I'm actually fishing with Jerry from penisula resort tue and wed.

Offline cff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:40 AM »
the fishing was slow and they were all dinks.. we went way out to deep water but the wind forced us in so we rented a hut from the peninsula guys. Nice guys and they cut us a deal seeing as it was not going to be an all day rent.. In the end we managed enough for a meal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.