Author Topic: Kingston Storm comming?  (Read 924 times)

Offline wiskeyfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I don't exaggerate... I just remember BIG!"
Kingston Storm comming?
« on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:36 PM »
anybody gonna be fishing in the storm wednsday?

Offline Ernest T. BASS

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Kingston Storm comming?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:02 PM »
A bunch of us are heading to Sydenham Lake this weekend. This should be a HOOOT! lol Time to get a BIGGER SHOVEL!!
If they're not deep,they're shallow,if not,they're under someone elses hut!!

Offline farmerk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:10 AM »
A bunch of us are heading to Sydenham Lake this weekend. This should be a HOOOT! lol Time to get a BIGGER SHOVEL!!

Bring a snow shovel and rubber boots (4" of slush and water) and loads of patience (it is very slow as of yesterday - drilled lots of holes found very little active fish -and I know the lake well).
Good luck.

Offline Mav

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Where do you plan on going on Wednesday?  I might cancel appointments because of the storm. Haha

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2011, 03:19 PM »
Bring a snow shovel and rubber boots (4" of slush and water) and loads of patience (it is very slow as of yesterday - drilled lots of holes found very little active fish -and I know the lake well).
Good luck.

which end of the lake do you usually fish, I have never fished it in the winter, any action around the boat launch in sydenham?
@jzuliniak

Offline farmerk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:52 PM »
which end of the lake do you usually fish, I have never fished it in the winter, any action around the boat launch in sydenham?

JZ
I fish all over (so you can say all 3 ends). Area around boat launch in town has been very slow lately. Few undersized perch and smaller then usual pike. Crappies are very shy this year and I am yet to locate the school there (they are hard to find on a good day to begin with). If you find gills (try the weedline there in 17fow) - you can do well but expect to drill 30+ holes in order to locate them.
Hope this helps.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:57 PM »
JZ
I fish all over (so you can say all 3 ends). Area around boat launch in town has been very slow lately. Few undersized perch and smaller then usual pike. Crappies are very shy this year and I am yet to locate the school there (they are hard to find on a good day to begin with). If you find gills (try the weedline there in 17fow) - you can do well but expect to drill 30+ holes in order to locate them.
Hope this helps.

great, thanks for the info, I just noticed while fishing in the summer that there is a great flat by the launch with weed clumps then a step drop to 17 then 33fow so I though it would be a great place to punch some holes but i never seen anyone out there.
@jzuliniak

Offline farmerk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Yes, there is a reason for it  - it's just not that good of a hard water lake (I put about 20 winter days there every year because is it very close to me so I can go for couple of hours whenever I like to). I rarely see others there.
 There is a lot of good spawning water there so fish tend to spread all over (unlike some other local lakes where perch, pike and crappies are a lot more concentrated). Launch area bay is not that great of a spawning bay so perch can be hard to find. The other end of the lake is better in that regard but requires a lot of moving around and knowing the lake well. Good luck. Bring even bigger shovel!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.