Author Topic: New User / Beginner Ice Fisherman - Fishing the Ottawa River  (Read 1117 times)

Offline WestGat

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey all!

Just wanted to say hi.

My dad and I are starting to build an ice shanty and we will be fishing on the ottawa river near our cottage.

We're actually on the other side of Buckham's Bay and Constance Bay. I figured I would post here instead of Team Quebec since there's probably more people fishing the ottawa river here...

Anyway, I wanted to know if anybody knows this section of the river and could possibly give me info/tips... :)

Also, I wanted to buy a few things (lures, line, bait) before I get out there and I was hoping that someone could give me a few pointers on what would possibly work well in my situation.  ::) I don't expect you to give me all your secrets though...  ;D

Thanks for your time guys, I'll keep reading the forums since I'm sure I'll find a lot of useful info.

Dan

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
Re: New User / Beginner Ice Fisherman - Fishing the Ottawa River
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2010, 12:51 PM »
Lots of pike, eyes, and ling out there, on the Ontario side at least.  Tried and true jigging spoon tipped with a dace or shiner head always works for us.  Might want to ask on Fish-Hawk.net, it's more local to you and lots of folks from the Bay area on FH.

Don

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:28 PM »
welcome to IS, good luck this season

Offline WestGat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:56 PM »