New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Harwood Lake Ice rescue  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Bear_Lake_Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • What Do You Mean, The ice Is Too Thin!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Harwood Lake Ice rescue
« on: Jan 25, 2007, 04:38 AM »

Saw on TV last night, the rescue of some foolish fellow from the ice at Harwood Lake, RT 98 near Franklinville.

Just wondering if he was one of our people here, or anon-member? ??? ???

Should serve as a early marker or indication of still unsafe ice in many Western New York area. He was one lucky guy , only in the water for about an hour, lost consciousness when he arrived at shore, after a boat rescue/diving team help!

bear_lake bob :tipup:
OH !  OH NO!!!! Don't Put Me In That Hot Oil !

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Harwood Lake Ice rescue
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Was it Harwood? sure looked like case lake to me.They never mentioned the name of the lake.Ive never fished harwood,but fished the case lake derby last year and from where the guy fell in looked like it was just out from the parking lot.Im probably wrong only seen it real quick.

perwisher

Offline Bear_Lake_Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • What Do You Mean, The ice Is Too Thin!!!!!!!!!!! !!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2007, 09:39 AM »
perch Wisher:

Did you also see the shots of the Buffalo Boat Harbor with the guys ice fishing there!

Bear_Lake_Bob ???
OH !  OH NO!!!! Don't Put Me In That Hot Oil !

Offline PERCHKILLER30

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2007, 10:02 AM »
yea its was harwood they said it plus i go by there everyweekend yea i was out and talked to the guys on the boat harbor only a few inches of ice there plus it didnt even look good i didnt go on the ice talked from shore
case lake tourney 5th in trout 2009- cuba lake 2005 biggest perch harwood lake tourney 2nd in crappie 2010

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:57 AM »
Read my thread on the r+c board about hte SBH I dont reccommend going there this weekend ice is bad I was probally one of those guys out there you were talking to perch...Should have never gone down onto that ice.  Dont like going there anyhow but its close to home.

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:25 PM »
I heard about the guys on the harbor so i drove past there tonight on my lunch break not a sole out there.If the ice is that bad im not this weekend,im going down to lime lake and give that a whirl.A guy posted he was on it earlier this week 4inches i think he said.Ive found with that lake as long as you to the right out of the statelaunch site you should be ok to left and your gonna get wet.I know the ice does vary but with it being this cold we should be ok i hope.We do very well down there on the pan fish usually limit each time out.

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2007, 08:04 PM »
     It really was that bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.