New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: yee haa 14 degrees  (Read 4277 times)

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
Re: yee haa 14 degrees
« Reply #30 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:58 PM »
well i might see you over there if these ponds dont check out. tread lightly the snow isnt going to help!!! :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 19, 2007, 08:45 PM »
no i know the snow is basically killing the process... I know of a couple ponds local that may have ice I will check them too i dont have time to fish tommorrow but i can check some for sunday anyways... tommorrow 25-35 mph winds with gusts over 50 not sure how long i would last anyways . Either way  things look much better than they did last week

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Well the ponds wouldnt hold there was about 1" on them.I did go over to the launch and could walk out aways There was around two inches.I want to ice fish so bad i was going to try it there, but i have never caught even a dink perch off the launch.looks like maybe the middle of the week. :tipup:

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2007, 07:06 PM »
i have tried that area and never even got a hit  however just to drop a line through i may give it a go    by the looks of the weather coming  and the ice that stayed I should be able to hit my spot on dale dr mid-week I may go check mud lake it is a decent hike into the woods but it is very protected from the wind shallow and small   may have some ice. I have never ice fished it before but i have heard stories of large underfished crappies. Do you know the little pond in dunkirk in behind the car wash that may be frozen and they got a lot less snow than us nothing great for fish but some action  until the new bait rule came out that was a good spot to go and get big pike bait as well as some bluegills...

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:06 PM »
I forgot about that mud lake i heard the same thing about the calico!!! If the wind is finally gone i think mid week we should be on cassadaga The hole in the middle of the lake is pretty huge now but with no wind it should freeze pretty fast.I went by your spot and the shore ice is froze up good now.I'd like to try mud lake with you if you find that it is good ice.There is a pond up on the canadaway state land that i would like to check also.Maybe tomorrow i'll check that. :tipup:

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:32 PM »
ill definately pm you or let you know about mud lake   my family lives in lily dale and the best route is through there yard its not too far of a hike

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:36 PM »
That would be sweet i would greatly appreciate it!!!! We, me and the other guy i was with when you saw us are planning a trip to silver lake next weekend if you would like to join let me know.  Looks like silver should be good to go next week!!!!!!! :tipup:

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2007, 12:00 PM »
i checked a few spots and found possibly fishable ice on cassadaga lake ...  mud lake is inaccesible until the swamp around it freezes up better i broke through on the way there it is cold out today. I then checked the ice at the lily dale beach this is where if i hadn't filled my day with honey-do list items i would probably give it a shot i measured 4 inches only about 1 1/2" of good black ice with the rest being slush ice on top the ice didngt bend or crack when i walked out I used a crowbar to get through it so i could measure it I would probably spud every step but it close if not even ready ;D  i also walked out on the dock in lily dale and found the same amount of ice as i fopund close to shore if you get out let me know
tread lightly and stay on top
marcus

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2007, 12:55 PM »
i just spoke with a bait shop in the chautauqua area happy hooker   they will have bait tommorrow and he has spoken with some guys who were fishing on chautauqua lake  they are fishing in the canals and the far south end of the lake the guy i spoke with said althoug he is a ice fishing diehard you wont catch him out there til at least midweek...   

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #39 on: Jan 21, 2007, 04:32 PM »
we have been getting wax worms from the hooker for about a month now.We fished the canals last week and they were open and we caught some perch.I made a post but the lake (chautauqua) did freeze over last night. :tipup:

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #40 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:52 PM »
I dont know if i asked you or not but marcus did you find good ice at mud lake?? :tipup:

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:57 PM »
it was iced over but the way i went in there was a swamp as far i could see   once i noticed i was on the swamps ice i broke through and continued that for a long ways back to the  trail it was a very cold walk back ... I am going to give it antoher look this sunday i do want to try it out   it is supposed to get even colder so i bet the swamp will allow access and also i believe there is an easier way to access it i will check that out tommorrow.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #42 on: Jan 23, 2007, 03:29 PM »
I think it is now 28 degrees and it is snowing like a son of a gun.I am going to check mayville tonight around 7 and see how the ice is now. :tipup:

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 23, 2007, 03:38 PM »
i cannot make it back to mud lake i drive a car it may push through the snow well but i can not be offroading in it through this much snow...  next few days are supposed to get very cold so maybe the snow wont even ruin the ice we do have..I know i am an optimist but i have to be on some ice this weekend

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.