Author Topic: CAMSO ATV T4S Tracks  (Read 3756 times)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
CAMSO ATV T4S Tracks
« on: Dec 12, 2016, 04:36 AM »
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new set of these tracks for my 2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700EPS. I just spent the past couple hours reading thru all the "tracks" posts in the 24 pages of this section, as well as researching the infonet. Not a bunch of user info available yet on the 2017 model tracks, but from what I gather tracks in general have greatly improved over the past few years. After all this reading I do have a question though..........curios ity question more than anything.

How does a tracked ATV handle on let's say snow packed roads that are rutted up from vehicles? Do you still get tossed around a bit like with wheels/tires or are the tracks more forgiving because of the bigger footprint & better floatation characteristics??

Regardless, I'm getting a set & can't wait to try them out. Thanks in advance for your answers & have a great season everyone !!

FISHFORPIKE

Re: CAMSO ATV T4S Tracks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2016, 05:05 AM »
I've had a set of Camplast Tatou 4s tracks for 7 years, used only in the winter months.  They are great.  You will find more stabnility in the conditions you mentioned. 
A really good source for info is ATVTRACKS.NET, if you have not found them yet.  Great guys and willing to help as much as possible.  They have some great videos on maintenance and proper use too.
I'd say the only real down side to tracks (if a person cares) is the speed reduction built into the design.  My 850 will make just over 50 on hardpacked stuff.  I also put ice screws in my tracks, from day one; you will want them if you do any traveling on ice.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2016, 01:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply FFP !! Mine will be for winter use only as well. Good to know there will be greater stability in my mentioned conditions because I'll more than likely be traveling such road conditions during the season for distances of 2 - 9 miles one way. ATVTRACKS is a great resource.....1st one I checked out. The speed reduction doesn't concern me at all. Not purchasing them for all out balls to the walls riding - lol. Looking at the 2017 brochure I have here, it states the maintained speed average is two-thirds & I don't see that being an issue. They sound like the ultimate winter accessory for any ATV/UTV & I'm looking forward to the experience. Take care & stay safe out there !!

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2016, 02:52 PM »
I have an '08 Polaris 800. It didn't have power steering. That was my biggest problem, but it didn't keep me from using them every winter. I put an aftermarket PS on my machine last year so that problem is fixed. I would suggest getting a set of fender flares. They will cover you with snow or slush without flares. The flares are easy to put on though. I take my tracks off in the spring and just put them back on last week. I love my tracks. I have an old set of 4S's from '09. Your speedo will be off quite a bit. I bought a "Speedo Healer" and put it on. It's not that big a deal. I just didn't want my odometer being way off.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2016, 02:58 PM »
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new set of these tracks for my 2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700EPS. I just spent the past couple hours reading thru all the "tracks" posts in the 24 pages of this section, as well as researching the infonet. Not a bunch of user info available yet on the 2017 model tracks, but from what I gather tracks in general have greatly improved over the past few years. After all this reading I do have a question though..........curios ity question more than anything.

How does a tracked ATV handle on let's say snow packed roads that are rutted up from vehicles? Do you still get tossed around a bit like with wheels/tires or are the tracks more forgiving because of the bigger footprint & better floatation characteristics??

Regardless, I'm getting a set & can't wait to try them out. Thanks in advance for your answers & have a great season everyone !!

It's been my experience that mine (Prospector Pros made by CamoPlast for Polaris), that they have a tendency to slide around on hard pack or rutted roads. I ride mine from my house down gravel roads to get out on the lake system I fish. usually about 3-4 miles. I wouldn't say I get tossed around, but you are correcting your steering more than with the wheels imho.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2016, 03:47 PM »
@ sra61

Thanks for the tip on the fender flares !! That was my next question actually. My dealer has recently mounted the new track system on a Yamaha Viking UTV & a Grizzly ATV. He says that there seems to be less track splatter with the newer systems, but it's still quite significant. Fender flares will be added !!

@52IBE

Thank you for your input sir !! Appreciate the detailed honest/hands on info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.