Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607297 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17010 on: Sep 21, 2019, 04:41 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         it's 57* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Eddie..........Angelo must be your replacement mason in the union, aren't you slated for retirement soon. :thumbsup:
                         Marv...........I'm sorry the fishing was a bust but you know the saying.....A bad day of fishing....... :woot:
                         Tom...........I'm glad your wife is getting better, I hope the walker works for her. :thumbsup:
                         I-45...........Being on the second floor help keeping a place warm, are they putting any insulation up under the new siding? ???
                         Raquette....How is your collarbone healing, did you get to try out the lure you made from the damaged plate? ???
                         I went to Home Depot and got a decent dryer for under $400, the sales person said if I got a Home Depot credit card and spent $1000
                I'd get $100 off. I told her that if all the dryers cost a $1000, I'd hang them out to dry before I spent that kind of money on a dryer. :roflmao:
                My wife did good getting the new dryer in to the basement with help from this 1 arm man, it's a good thing I have a walk in basement.
                        The Adirondack balloon festival is this weekend, so I think I'll take my wife down to watch balloons take off.
                        I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing or getting ready for hunting.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17011 on: Sep 21, 2019, 05:26 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Thoughts and prayers sent to all those in Texas with tropical storm Imelda. Some areas received over 40” of rain, can’t imagine that!
  Clear and calm 58* this am, high of 80 expected today with lots of sunshine.

Wally...CONGRATULATION S to you and Mr.WW on your salmon trip and boating a few!! Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures and story, yeehah!   :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:
  Jeff...good price on the dryer, hope you didn’t overdo it getting it in the basement! Wish our other apprentice that worked with us previously had a fraction of Angelo’s desire to learn the trade. You’re right, he’ll be my replacement in the near future!  ;D.   Great picture of the black wooly bear, hope the legend is right!!   :thumbsup: :icefish:  I’m going to head up to the Salmon River tomorrow and see if I can tangle with some of those big girls like Mr.&Mrs Wally. My sons have Monday/Tuesday off with their new schedule, so I’m going to spend the night there and fish with them Monday...mentioned I had an appointment with Dr.Coho at work.   :whistle: :roflmao:
  I-45...guessing it’s typical for them to offer a much lower dollar amount than asked for. Can’t really offer any advice on what to do other than if you’re not satisfied, don’t settle. That would be excellent if the insurance picks up the cost of the recliner, best of luck with everything!     :thumbsup:
  Marv...sorry to read the Musky trip didn’t pan out for you guys, had the fingers crossed, dang! Glad you both had a decent day out there trying anyway and the lake to yourself!  Will be looking forward to all the hunting adventures soon to come....best of luck with the whitetail season!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...that’s great news on your wife, hope the therapy went well yesterday for her!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...thanks, it’s really been interesting watching the guys get involved with the pointers helping Angelo out. I think they needed to see he was actually serious about becoming a mason first...he’s been buying his own tools to practice with.   :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the fishing trip and at least getting one day in with the boys. Weather looks amazing for tomorrow, but unfortunately not so good for Monday or Tuesday up there with rain expected. Nothing some rain gear won’t take care of.   :thumbsup:
  Today will be catching up on chores and getting everything ready for an early start tomorrow morning. Reports I’ve been reading have been favorable, seems to be fish top to bottom of the river.
  Toying with the idea of camping out tomorrow night with my Eskimo 949i hub...have seen them there in the campground before and I could set it up and break it down in minutes. Might have to give it a try!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17012 on: Sep 21, 2019, 06:15 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....good luck on the river, should be plenty of fish running  ;)

TT......hope MrsTT is continuing to do well  :)

WS.....sorry the musky weren't willing to play  :(  always sad when the seasons change and the boat gets put up for winter  :'(

IF45.....hope the headaches are improving  ;)

IW......perfect weather for the balloons enjoy  :thumbsup:

IFF......see Gander is closing some stores here in NY  :-\

We have a benefit bike ride today, should be a good turnout with beautiful weather  :clap: 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17013 on: Sep 21, 2019, 06:21 AM »
48* and the sun just peaked over the hill, so I guess it is going to be sunny

WW, CONGRATS, to both of you. Those are nice fish. Too bad you lost the walleye.

TT, glad the wife is doing better. The therapy is the key to the recovery. Just don't overdo it.

Ice-45, doesn't it always seem like it is "one step forward and two back". The wife and I have said that many times but in the end remember we are still "stepping".

IW, glad you got the new dryer for a good price.

Eddie, good luck on the fishing trip. I am sure you will have a good time.

Nice day on the water yesterday. My kind of weather. 7 walleyes, 3 SMB and 3 rock bass. Biggest walleye was 17 inches, none of the rest were keepers. Had a pike on for about 10 seconds, it got my jig. Everyone says they are catching a lot of shorts. Thursday was Lindsay's birthday, she is coming up for dinner this afternoon.

Enjoy the weekend....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17014 on: Sep 21, 2019, 06:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Going to be a nice day in the 80s today. Not sure if the guys are coming to work on the siding today. Wife is working today so i’ll Have to listen to the banging. New meds are definitely making me more tired. Been sleeping sitting up on the couch. Headaches aren’t as bad when I wake up as when I was lying down. Settlement was very insulting. Not even close to what our attorney calculated it should be. This process is all calculations. Not what we want. We don’t need to take the settlement. It then goes to court and the judge could say we get money or no money. Have to see what happens.

Hunts2long, Sounds like a great day on the water. Did you bake Lindsey a cake? Hope you guys have fun at the party.

WallyWorld, Be safe on your ride today. Is beautiful out.

Mason Eddie, Nice to see a young person wanting to learn and be ambitious to practice on his own. Hope you and your sons have a good time and catch lots of Salmon.

Ice Wanderer, Congratulations on the new drier. Hope you didn’t overdue it putting it in the basement. Sounds like fun watching the balloons take off.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day. Tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17015 on: Sep 21, 2019, 08:16 AM »
Another warm start to the day. I need to cutup a big limb that fell on my property from the neighbors before the rain hits later today. Guessed to be some heavy rain with high winds. I talked too the guy that owns a vacant lot behind us. He has surveyors coming to resurvey the lot as the guy on one side of him has apparently removed a couple of the stakes. It is evident that the guy is encroaching on the lot by quite a ways. The guy was on the lot next to us looking around when he got caught and thrown off.

The wife's therapy went well as I expected. The couple that own the place are immigrants for India. As soon as they could they became naturalized US citizens. They are great therapists.

Eddie Good luck at your appointment with Dr. Coho!

If-45 Sadly the settlement they offered was what I expected. A low ball offer. I know that you do not want to have to go to court but it sounds like the only option.

IW I thought of you when I took the wife for therapy when I saw the finger climbing board on the wall. Hopefully you did not over do it helping your wife get the new drier in the basement. I went to Sears one time to buy a new refrigerator as ours had died. They did not have the one I picked out in the warehouse and I could not have the one on display. It would be 3 days before the could get me one. I asked if I could borrow a pair of scissors. I cut my Sears card in pieces and put it in my pocket. I went to a small store and took the display one home with no problem.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17016 on: Sep 21, 2019, 09:17 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Patchy rain throughout the day today with dew points remaining in the "Yuck" range. Very unusual for us to still be fighting with these temps and with the high humidity this time of year, can't wait for things to break.

Eddie I sure wish you the best on your fishing trip :thumbsup: Time with the boys sounds like just what the Dr. ordered :clap: I will anxiously be looking forward to your reports.  I won't be able to hit the woods until the middle of October this year, but plan on spending a few weeks out there then.

IW good going on the dryer, hope it works out well for you :thumbsup:

WW safe travels on your ride today :thumbsup:

TT The girls weren't fans of the electric motors or assists offered. Some of the motors were the price of a kayak it's self. Thanks for the link! I'm glad that things are going well for your wife :thumbsup:

45 glad you are getting some sleep that in it's self has to help immensely. Like others basically have said, stick to your guns with the settlement :thumbsup:

I had a snowmobile trailer that had been sitting in my shed for a couple years. I finally decided to list it and see if there was any interest. I knew I was asking plenty for a 1997 trailer, but it just seems there is always someone out there that is looking for what you have. I think the ad was on for 3 weeks when yesterday a guy contacted me wondering about it. We made arraignments for him to come last night at 6pm which he did promptly. By 6:30 he was pulling his new to him trailer down the road :clap:

Hope you all have an excellent Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17017 on: Sep 21, 2019, 10:09 AM »
Pretty quiet out back these days, but here are 2 videos

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17018 on: Sep 21, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Good day,going to be a beautiful day with a high of around eighty definitely some nice weather in my area the past few days. Ditto Eddie's prayers for all dealing with Imelda also see there is now a hurricane Jerry and some other storm on the weather scene.
Eddie think Angelo will be a good member of your crew and future mason appears eager to learn. Have a good visit with Dr. Coho remember to get a note for your employer. ::) :whistle
Ice Wanderer glad you found a new drier at a good price hope one or more of your sons helped with installing it at your home. Enjoy the balloon festival.
Wallyworld may everyone involved have a safe and good ride .
Hunts2long belated birthday wishes for Lindsay. Congratulations on the fish.
Tom Turkey keep us informed on what happens between your neighbors and their property borders dispute. May your wife see continued improvement with each therapy session.
Icefisher-45 good to hear the new medication is helping you and your sleeping better. I don't know what things a judge can look at in deciding your case .Personally think you have a strong claim if judge can look at your having to move and loss of one vehicle plus medical expenses to date.
Whopper Stopper may some cooler less humid weather head your way in coming days. glad the snow mobile trailer sold for asking price some extra money in your pocket is always nice. Thank you for today's videos will watch them after I post.

Have a safe and good Saturday everyone. Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17019 on: Sep 21, 2019, 07:16 PM »
WW I had not heard of the store closings but that doesn't surprise me, not one bit.  Must be stores that are not suited for RV service departments. 

Did another free Hot Dog day, and store manager said they had never heard of so many comments on how good they were.  Now got told to plan on doing another next Saturday.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17020 on: Sep 21, 2019, 10:15 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Nice day out today. They came to work on the house. They are doing a great job. They are insulating the house as they are going along. They are very good about picking up the debris every day. If we don’t get what we want in the settlement we will go back to court and risk the Judge saying we get nothing.

IFF, That’s great Everyone likes the way you make the hot dogs. How come they aren’t doing that next week?

Tom Turkey, i’m Glad your wife is feeling better and you have good physical therapist. Did you get the tree cut up before the rain?

Whopper Stopper, Great job selling the trailer. Hope the rain stops soon. Thank you for sharing those videos.

I hope everyone had a great day and tight lines to those on the water. I hope everyone has a great night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17021 on: Sep 22, 2019, 01:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Just a quick hello before hitting the highway! It’s 61* and clear this am, high of around 85 expected here and up in the Pulaski,NY area where I’m heading...should have packed shorts!   ;D
  Will check in with my phone at some point....maybe a picture two!   Cawfee’s on...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17022 on: Sep 22, 2019, 06:30 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

Best of luck on your fishing trip Eddie :thumbsup:

I am running late this morning, thanks to a late night. I have a tree job to work on and I told the guy I would be there by 7:30.

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17023 on: Sep 22, 2019, 06:33 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......can't wait to hear your report  ;D

IW......hoping for some balloon pics  ;)

IFF.....good job on the dogs  :bow:

WS.....hope Mother Nature realizes it's fall and moves your heat and humidity elsewhere soon  :-\

IF45.....sometimes you've just got to roll the dice  ;)2

H2L.....happy birthday to Lindsay  :thumbsup:  good luck on the alley tonight   :flex:

Bike ride was nice yesterday, about 125 bikes showed up  :thumbsup: came home after and mowed  ::) today we're riding on our own somewhere, too nice a day to let it pass, might not be many more this year  :whistle:

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17024 on: Sep 22, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Foggy out this morning. Supposed to be in the 80s today. Going to Mass this morning.

Mason Eddie, Hope you have a great day on the water and catch some Salmon.

WallyWorld, That was a good amount of bikes yesterday. Hope you have a good ride today. Will there be ice cream after the ride? You are right about sometimes you have to roll the dice.

Whopper Stopper, Hope today isn’t a big tree job. Be safe.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17025 on: Sep 23, 2019, 04:16 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 66* and humid here on my hill, 90%. Rain expected. ::)
                         Eddie.........I hope you're having a good time up on the Pulaski river. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                         Marv..........Congratu lations on selling the trailer. :thumbsup:
                         Steve........My wife and I got the dryer in the basement, she did all the heavier work, I have a good hand cart that made it easy. :flex:
                 I'm not going to do anything to hurt my new shoulder. :whistle:
                         Wally.........You asked for it, so here they are. My wife and I decided to go yesterday morning to see the balloons take off at sunrise.

It was a nice morning and it was less crowded than in the afternoon and evening.
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17026 on: Sep 23, 2019, 04:56 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

IW Excellent pictures :thumbsup: I bet it was fun watching them preparing and taking off.

Eddie hope you had a good night in your fish house, best of luck with today's fishing :thumbsup:

WW hope you had another fun ride yesterday :thumbsup:

TT here is a picture of of our new hunting regulation book. It's almost as thick as yours ;D

Yesterdays tree job went well, it was a bigger oak that I needed to piece down. When I got home my wife had a BBQ chicken dinner waiting :thumbsup:

Today I have to get my fall hair pruning taken care of and then pick up some wood.

Hope you all have an excellent day, best of luck to those fishing :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17027 on: Sep 23, 2019, 05:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Supposed to be hot and muggy today. Wonder if the siding people will be here.

Ice Wanderer, Great pictures, I have never seen balloons that looked like characters. Very cool. That’s good you had a cart to help with the drier.

Whopper Stopper, That was very nice of your wife to have a bbq dinner waiting for you.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17028 on: Sep 23, 2019, 06:34 AM »
67* this morning and I see some breaks in the clouds. Happy Fall.
IW, thanks for the pictures. They sure had a good weekend for it.
Eddie, hope the fishing is good. I bet there are more than a few people out fishing with this good weather.

The birthday dinner was very good. The dogs all had a good time also. Lots of boats out on the lake yesterday. Bowled pretty good last night. We took all 4 points.

WW, you have to be loving this weather for bike rides, you don't see 90's that often on the last day of Summer. A lot of bikes around here yesterday.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17029 on: Sep 23, 2019, 07:56 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....thanks for the pics  :clap:  looks like it was a beautiful morning for all the balloonists  :thumbsup:  seems whenever we try to catch the show the winds decide to kick up  :-\

WS......glad you were able to get the tree job taken care of  :flex:  kudos to MrsWS on the bbq chicken  :thumbsup:

TT.....hope MrsTT is doing well with her PT sessions  :)  how's the new shower working out for her  ???

Eddie.....rode thru Pulaski yesterday, stopped at Fat Nancy's, All Season's and Woody's   ;)   what a zoo up there  :o :wacko:  fingers crossed you and your son are having a record breaking day  :woot:

H2L.....congrats on the bowling  :flex: :bow:  all kinds of summer toys were out this weekend, everyone taking full advantage of the beautiful weather  :thumbsup: :clap:

IF45.....odds are pretty good that if the bike's on the road, there's an ice cream stop happening somewhere along the way  :whistle:  ;)2

IFF......stopped at Gander Outdoors in Watertown, NY yesterday, whole store is 40% off not much left on the shelves  :-\  guess only 1 NY store is staying open, they have RV's there

Made a full 9 hour day of it yesterday on the bike   :flex:  :thumbsup:  couldn't ask for a nicer day, although it did get a bit toasty mid - late afternoon, saw some 90* readings   @)

Here's a few pics from Saturday's benefit ride

Figuring they raised about $3,000 which goes to the town park named in his memory (Deputy Kurt Wyman-line of duty death in 2011  :angel )

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17030 on: Sep 23, 2019, 09:26 AM »
Good morning welcome to Fall ice fishing time getting closer. It will feel like a Summer Day here forecast high of ninety and thunderstorm this afternoon. Some excitement over the weekend two double shootings resulting in deaths one in neighboring city of Newburgh and the other not far from me here in New Windsor  police trying to locate suspects in both cases don't know if there is a connection between the two shootings.
IFF have heard similar news as Wallyworld concerning my local Gander Outdoors.
Eddie may the river be less crowded today and your sons and you get into some salmon.
Icefisher-45 sorry you may be headed to court to fight for a favorable settlement.
Whopper Stopper how is anyone going to remember all of those hunting regulations. ::) Good to read the tree job went well and your wife had a nice dinner waiting at home.
Wallyworld a little warm but beautiful weekend to have your bike out on the highways. Happy for the good turnout and dollar amount raised on benefit ride. I may have to make trip to my local Gander Outdoors and look around not that I  need any thing.
Ice Wanderer good you have a hand cart and the wife and you were able to get drier into the basement. Nice Photos from the balloon festival been a while since I've seen Rocky the Flying squirrel .
Hunts2long nice to read everyone had a good time at Lindsay's birthday party including the dogs. Congrats to your bowling team and you for picking up all four points this weekend.
Tom Turkey ditto others comments on wife's PT and recovery. Hope the new shower is making things easier for the two of you.

Have a good and safe Monday. Best to everyone fishing or hunting be safe in the great outdoors.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17031 on: Sep 24, 2019, 02:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A breezy 62* this am, slight chance of a lingering shower, high of 66 today.
  Thank You all for the best wishes on the fishing trip, had a great time!   :thumbsup: 

Steve...hope the police have zeroed in on the shooting suspect(s), seems to be that’s all we hear about every day anymore, sad. Was a little less crowded where we fished yesterday, but certainly no shortage of fishermen up there, lol. It will get busier each day now for the next few weeks.
  Wally...I tooted the horn when I hit Rome around 4:30am Sunday!  ;D.  Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures of your benefit ride, excellent turnout for a great cause!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats on the bowling and sweeping all 4 points, nice!  Glad the Birthday party went well.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope the new meds are helping with the headaches. I’m sure all the hammering going on with the siding doesn’t help...hoping you have a good day today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad to read the tree job went well for you.  :thumbsup:  I passed on bringing the Eskimo hub this trip. They were calling for possible showers Sunday night and without a floor, figured the tarp I had planned on using wouldn’t cut it....maybe next trip?   ;D
  Jeff...wow, those are some great shots of the balloons! What a great way to spend seeing a sunrise, awesome!  Thanks for sharing the pictures!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Had a nice time fishing for the salmon. Spent Sunday doing some recon at 4 different spots trying to find the best location to fish with the boys and a friend of theirs who joined in, first timer.
  My landing percentage was a disappointing 0, lol, but I did hook up 9 times Sunday. As was figured, all the main holes were chock full of fishermen/women. I got off the beaten path so to speak and fished a lot of pocket water.
  Met up with the boys at 5:30am yesterday, and fished where they were staying until noon. Nice piece of water, private, and not many people. I didn’t do very well, but my youngest son Stephen got on the board first with a 32” salmon he landed by himself with no net.    :thumbsup:
  We had a tailgate lunch together, grilled some killer venison hotdogs, and enjoyed a cold beer with a ton of good conversation....that was the best dang lunch!   ;D
   I took off at 2:30 and got home right on time for dinner, lol. Sent my son Mike a text I arrived ok and to keep me posted on the fishing. He replied right back....” I got 2 salmon back to back right after we had lunch together! “
  Not sure how the rest of the afternoon went, but couldn’t ask for more than that....other than wishing I didn’t have to leave and watching them have a blast battling the mud sharks!  Will let you know how they faired!   :thumbsup:
  Back to work....Doh!  Cawfee’s on....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17032 on: Sep 24, 2019, 04:33 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 55* up this way, maybe another shower will come. ::)
                             Eddie........I'm sorry to read that you couldn't get one of the nine landed, I bet it was fun having them on your line. :woot:
                   Congrats to Stephen for his fish. :clap:
                             Marv........I'm glad the tree job went well. :flex:
                             I-45.........I hope the new meds are working, any more word on getting a recliner through the insurance company? ???
                             H2L.........Good job on getting all 4 points bowling. :clap:
                             Wally.......What a great day for a benefit ride, I'm glad there was a great turnout. :thumbsup:
                             The other day there was a sale on eye rounds at our local market, so I bought one, trimmed it up and took it over to a friends
                   and used his meat slicer. I'm making a lot of jerky with my special recipe, it's been marinating over night and I'll start dehydrating this morning.
                             I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the water.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17033 on: Sep 24, 2019, 05:52 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Nice out this morning. 60 degrees here with a slight breeze. Big thing on the news here is pot delivery. They won’t pass a bill to make texting and driving illegal but they will make pot delivery legal. I guess my priorities are wrong.  They’ll probably be back today to do more work. Headache Doctor said could take a few months before we see any results.

Ice Wanderer, How is your shoulder doing? How much Jerky will that make? Still waiting to hear about the insurance company paying for the recliner.

Mason Eddie, i’m Sorry you didn’t get a Salmon this round. Sounds like it was a good time with your sons and their friend and that’s the important thing. Sounds like the kids are having good luck.

Mr Clean, Hope the police were able to zero in on the shooters. You have to wonder what this world is coming to.

Tom Turkey, How is your wife doing? How many days a week does she have PT? How is the shower working?

Whopper Stopper, Hope you don’t have any difficult tree jobs today.

WallyWorld, Thank you for sharing those pics. Looks like it was a great day out. Must be a incredible feeling riding a motorcycle on the open road.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17034 on: Sep 24, 2019, 06:23 AM »
57* this morning. Got some rain last evening.

Ice-45, I also saw that they have classes on "pot" in College.

Eddie, sounds like you had a good fishing trip. The weather was great.

Helped the wife hang some new curtains yesterday. Not much planned for today. TELCO is coming this PM, will see how that goes.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17035 on: Sep 24, 2019, 07:16 AM »
Nice 50* this morning. I need to get the brush from the downed limb burnt today as the wind is down. Not much fire wood in it. Instead of firing up the heavy chainsaw, I cut it up with my Sawzall with a trimming blade in it. There is a surveyor coming this week to do the vacant lot behind us so the owner can sue the guy next to it for his encroaching on the property. the two pins on the road side have s disappeared.

IF-45 The wife goes to therapy three days a week. They last over an hour and a half. As far as the wife using the shower right now she can't as she had to take the water proof bandage off due to her allergy to tape. She cant use the shower until she gets the OK from her doctor next week. Only sponge baths right now.

Eddie It is too bad that you could not land any fish. At least you got to spend some time on the water with your son and his friend. An appointment with Dr. Coho is better than working any day. I call the salmon pacific carp. They have ruined my brookie and brown trout fishing where ever they go as they spawn at the same time.

ww They had a fund raising ride for a family that had a daughter that was murdered and dismembered this week end. The murderer turned down a plea deal that required him to reveal were the rest of her body was so he will spend the rest of his life in prison, no parole.

IW Thanks for the pictures of the balloons. I was offered a ride in one once by a man that owned a big processing plant. When he told about almost ending up in a big river landing I decided it was not for me. He was a crazy old guy.
When I want to make jerky I use turkey breast.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17036 on: Sep 24, 2019, 07:49 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....glad you had fun fishing  :thumbsup:  sorry you couldn't get one on shore  :(  you're a brave man fighting the crowds up there   :flex:  :bow:

TT....Sounds like MrsTT is doing great  :thumbsup: :clap:  wishing her continued success with the rehab  ;)

H2L....can't believe it's taking this long to get the internet/cable issues squared away  :blink:

IW.....bet you're missing all the Grandpa babysitting duties of summer  :'(

IF45.....any progress yet on a new $$ amount  ???

A rainy, cool day here today  :-\   some errands to run, not much else happening

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17037 on: Sep 24, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Good morning cloudy skies with weather guessers saying today's high temperature will be in the mid seventies we reached ninety yesterday and the forecast thunderstorm never happened. I checked the local TV news station's website for updates on the two shootings in the city of Newburgh shooting police believe person killed who was attending neighborhood party was hit by a stray bullet another man shoot in the leg checked out of local hospital on Sunday he has not been to cooperative with police. Like I posted yesterday the New Windsor shooting was close to me an apartment complex across state highway a 21 year old woman was killed and her male friend to my knowledge is still in hospital with his gunshot injuries. Being my complex is basically across the highway police department was here yesterday searching for evidence around 10:45 AM my doorbell rang when I opened my door police detective standing there asked me if i was home and awake during night of shooting and had I heard or seen anything that night. After taking with the detective looked out my window and saw two officers searching the garbage and recycling dumpster short time later an officer with scent tracking dog was walking the wood line between my complex and neighboring property. The dog hit on something and both went into the woods I did not wait to see if they came out with any found evidence.
Eddie glad you had a good time with your sons and their friend hopefully next trip you will land a salmon. a friend of mine has made a few trips to Pulaski during the salmon run told me how crowded popular know locations get on the river and that you had to be careful not ot set hook to hard or violently as the DEC patrols/watches the river and might think you are trying to snag the fish.
Ice Wanderer enjoy the jerky are you making it to take on annual Maine Hunting trip or skipping hunting this year to give shoulder more time to heal.
Icefisher-45 it is somewhat ironic how many states are trying to cash in on the claimed medical benefits of marijuana and things extracted from it. the NY. attorney General has asked state politicians to join with other states who have legalized usage to pressure federal government to all marijuana industry to have cash banking access since now it is basically a cash industry because Pot is still illegal under federal laws she claims this move would help keep better track of the money. NY. is also trying to cash in on the growing Hemp market and has a program the provides incentives for framers to grow hemp. Recent news story on local farm that received complaints from neighbors about strong smell from the plants (blooming time) the farm also had to put up fencing to protect crop from people damaging plants thinking it is marijuana. The hemp grow supposedly does not contain substance the causes high when using marijuana.
Hunts2long may your internet and phone problems get corrected today.
Tom Turkey sorry your wife had an allergic reaction to he bandage and can now only sponge bath until getting clearance from her doctors. Hope the surveyor or person who hired him/her takes photos of any stakes and other property marking for use in court case as they might also get moved or disappear.
Wallyworld i also have some errands and house work to get done.

Have a good Tuesday folks. Safe and good trips to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17038 on: Sep 24, 2019, 05:32 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not a bad day weather wise. Nice breeze coming in the windows. They came and worked on the siding today. They are very polite very neat. Never leave a mess. My wife was looking at Bass Pro for a recliner as they are having the 6 month 6 pay going on and the recliner is on sale. Apparently they don’t deliver to the house. They drop it off at the curb on the street. She didn’t understand that. I feel sorry for the guy at Bass Pro that she grilled.

Mr Clean, That must have been interesting talking to the police. Did they look out your windows to see if you could have seen anything? Hope your errands went well.

Hunts2long, How did the curtains come out? Hope you had a relaxing day. I hope Telco came and everything got fixed.

WallyWorld, Still waiting to hear back from the other side. Our lawyer sent another offer. Hope you got all your errands done.

Tom Turkey, i’m Sorry your wife is allergic to the tape. I bet she can’t wait to be able to take a shower.

I hope everyone had a good day and they have a good night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17039 on: Sep 24, 2019, 10:01 PM »
Good evening watched local news earlier latest on the city of Newburgh shooting police department offering a five thousand dollar reward for information that leads to arrest . Also my area has lost a local celebrity Antonio Mancinelli "the world's oldest working barber" passed away last week at the age of 108 . He was still cutting hair a few days per week until this past July. He was recognized and awarded the title of world's oldest barber by Guinness Book of World Records back in 2007.
Icefisher-45 the police never entered my apartment even if I or anyone else was up at the time of shooting and heard noise outside by time you open blinds or curtains someone running probably would be out of view. Sad and a little shocking such an incident took place relatively quite neighborhood.
Whopper Stopper hope only a busy day has kept you from posting today.

A good and safe night to everyone.
  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.