Author Topic: Gulp Alive Minnows  (Read 1814 times)

Offline vivlamored

• Team IceShanty Addict
Gulp Alive Minnows
« on: Dec 22, 2007, 06:37 PM »
 with all the VHS restrictions i was thinking about trying these baits has anyone ever tried them. I was looking into the smelt type because i have caught plenty of lakers on dead smelt and if they look the same and smell the same i don't know why they wouldn't work but then again i have tackle boxes full of the HOTTEST LURE OF THE YEAR  that i didn't have much luck on

Offline MacEnvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Gulp Alive Minnows
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2007, 08:07 PM »
I've been using the Gulp Maggots this year, and they've worked really well so far.  I've been catching about the same amount as I did with spikes, as far as I can tell ... and with bait prices the way they are the Gulp bait isn't really any more expensive than the real thing.  As an added bonus, they seem to last longer on the hook.

I haven't used the minnows, but seeing as the maggots are as good as they are I'd be confident recommending the Gulp bait in general.

Offline vivlamored

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2007, 10:05 AM »
 thnk i'm going to go ahead an get some and try to jig with then or let them lay on the bottom like a dead smelt

Offline Scientist

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2007, 10:55 AM »
with all the VHS restrictions i was thinking about trying these baits has anyone ever tried them.
I have tried them on many occasions and have found them to be disappointing in freshwater and on the ice. >:(
Ultra soft plastics with good color out fished them by a long shot. Saltwater fishing results however were all together different. They work well in saltwater so I keep a bunch of the saltwater ones on hand.
breathing in, breathing out..this is life is all about ...We change when we start to make of life what we want.

Offline vivlamored

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2007, 10:56 AM »
 thanks you probable saves me 20 bucks

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:41 AM »
They have worked well on rock for me in the suds...pogies  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline thewalleyewhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2007, 12:28 PM »
  I have had very good luck (better than soft plastics)  in the summer with the Gulp minnows.  I haven't yet tried them in the winter - but I have a kind of hard time believing they wouldn't work on anything but  negative fish. They aren't going to work as well fished "dead" , as a real minnow would,  but on a jig  - especially something like a Fiskas they should work.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2007, 02:47 PM »
i think they're awesome i got six or seven bluegill to fight over one in two feet of water but none of them could swallow it cause they were all 1-2"

Offline doodle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You gotta love the hard water.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2007, 06:38 PM »
I have never had much luck with these gulp baits. Give me live mousies or minnows every time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.