Author Topic: Going to Loveland Lake  (Read 1275 times)

Offline aaronh33

• IceShanty Rookie
Going to Loveland Lake
« on: Jan 04, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Im heading to loveland lake in the morning to give it a try.  Went there today and the ice looked fairly thick.  Also looks like there have been quite a few people out there the last few days. A few fresh holes when we were there. 

Offline GMCO45

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Going to Loveland Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:20 PM »
Hard to go wrong there.  Have been on it three times the past few days and perch are everywhere.  Most are small but there are a few 8-9 inchers. Might have to weed through 50-60 fish to get 10 eaters.

Offline jeeper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Hard to go wrong there.  Have been on it three times the past few days and perch are everywhere.  Most are small but there are a few 8-9 inchers. Might have to weed through 50-60 fish to get 10 eaters.

GMCO45 how  thick is the ice?  I would like to take my grandson out so looking for good ice and some kid action!! PM me if you are willing to tell what works  ;)

Offline aaronh33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2012, 10:30 PM »
Had a great time today. Caught a few fish and got to try out all of mu new fishing gear.  I was fishing about 40to 50 yards straight out from the parking lot and the ice was about 5 to 6 inches thick.  This was my first ever trip ice fishing and I think I'm hooked.  I think I'm going out again on Saturday morning if any one wants to meet there just let me know.

Offline GMCO45

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Was that you I saw fishing in the Clam 2000 this morning?

Offline aaronh33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2012, 11:23 PM »
No I just have a sled with a cooler mounted on it. I was wearing a red jacket and had an orange hood on

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.