Author Topic: Lets Hear Your 2008 Derby Reports?  (Read 3236 times)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lets Hear Your 2008 Derby Reports?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2008, 10:47 AM »
two guys

no flags all weekend

6 cusk  -1lbs to 2lbs

then late on Sat - 430pm, just sitting in the shack with a jig on the bottom, not moving it, looking on the camera at the jig - nothing, ignored the jig with camera off, then touched the line and felt something on it - reeled it up  - 2.55 lbs White perch!

never caught a white perch before and not targeting them at all - blind luck  :laugh:

that was the only fish caught by us besides cusk all weekend

placed 1st for Sunday and 2nd for the weekend!  I'm going to be laughing and shaking my head all week about this one
:)

I had the perch 2 in line behind you at weigh in, in the blue jacket, man you cracked me up telling how you caught it, good for you, we all deserve a little surprise now and then!
PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:11 PM »
 3 lakers   1 salmon 1 cusk  and almost one lost 4 wheeler on the ridge off governors island, yes that was me out there ::)   How do  I post a pic here?  I'll  try a search  or something   Does anyone have some help?
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:54 PM »
thurs and fri was great fishing hammered them.  4lakers 3 salmon 2 cusk 2 yellow perch.  sat 2 salmon and that was it.  sun was ok just before the snow and the wind  3 lakers 2 yellow perch and a couple salmon and then the snow came and it shut right off.  all the lakers were between 18-22in..  cusk were 2 and 2.75lbs a ok derby but the conditions sucked..  had a great time with my friends.  2 of my friends got $84 tickets for having to many traps..  2 traps and they were jigging in the shanty...  busted!!!!!!!!!!!!  i had to laugh.....  shaun

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.