Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS CHANNEL #9  (Read 1931 times)

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
BREAKING NEWS CHANNEL #9
« on: Feb 09, 2008, 06:47 AM »
I just heard that 2 snowmobiliers went through on Lake Ossippee!!! Fellas AND ladies PLEASE be careful. Check the ice WHEREVER you go and use your FEET for transportation. I have no other details to report at this time.
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline doabbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mmmm smelt...

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: BREAKING NEWS CHANNEL #9
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:29 PM »
I'm sure the cell phone companies were busy when that was announced. I know my wife called me asking what lake I was on and then told me about it.

This might sound mean but I wish that one or two of the sleds that passed me today about 10 ft away doing 50+mph would of gone in. I would have even cut the hole for them.

I hope these (ice fisherman) will pull through this ok.

-Brian

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2008, 05:21 PM »
This might sound mean but I wish that one or two of the sleds that passed me today about 10 ft away doing 50+mph would of gone in. I would have even cut the hole for them.

-Brian

No matter how angry you get you should NEVER wish that upon anyone. Some people are just ignorant of the law.
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline skybuster20ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2008, 06:15 PM »
these fellas, father and son are not the type who would blast by your stuff and they know ossipee lake very well...

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2008, 06:27 PM »
Glad they are going to be OK. 
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline skybuster20ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2008, 06:39 PM »
crap man they were back from the hospital and fishin by noon. pretty good group of guys just foggy and got disoriented. they know the lake well but accidents happen. the salmon bit good though!!!

Offline fish time

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • i live to fish
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2008, 06:52 PM »
No matter how angry you get you should NEVER wish that upon anyone. Some people are just ignorant of the law.
??? ??? that aint good to wish on people
from big ice to small ice i will be out there me and my bumpa

Offline fishalot2day

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2008, 08:00 PM »
glad to hear that every thing turned out  fine.  how was the ice up there I was going to hed up this week hopefully

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2008, 08:47 PM »

longbeardking, you are right I should not wish that on anyone and don't really want that to happen to ANYONE. Sorry for venting a little. Was a long day worth of that. Should be used to it (derby weekend).

However, if any of them ever hit my son due to driving too close / fast I would also be ignorant to the law. If it were just me I would not care (drive as close as you want), involve that boy and it is a different world.

Glad to hear those guys are OK. Did I hear someone say they went back out fishing after that? Wow, that is dedication.  :o

-Brian

Offline fish time

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • i live to fish
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2008, 09:16 PM »
longbeardking, you are right I should not wish that on anyone and don't really want that to happen to ANYONE. Sorry for venting a little. Was a long day worth of that. Should be used to it (derby weekend).

However, if any of them ever hit my son due to driving too close / fast I would also be ignorant to the law. If it were just me I would not care (drive as close as you want), involve that boy and it is a different world.

Glad to hear those guys are OK. Did I hear someone say they went back out fishing after that? Wow, that is dedication.  :o

-Brian
i have had days like that :tipup:
from big ice to small ice i will be out there me and my bumpa

Offline skybuster20ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2008, 07:49 AM »
the ice was decent. they were over by bear camp and in the fogg. got to close to the inlet.

Offline Vic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2008, 01:20 PM »
I'm sure the cell phone companies were busy when that was announced. I know my wife called me asking what lake I was on and then told me about it.

-Brian
we were at mascoma and one of those son of b#$%^'snailed one of our traps

Offline skybuster20ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2008, 02:48 PM »
which s.o.b.??? i know for a fact it wasnt the ones that went through on ossipee

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #14 on: Feb 10, 2008, 03:06 PM »
bad things happen to good people

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.