Author Topic: Cobbetts tommorow  (Read 2068 times)

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
Cobbetts tommorow
« on: Mar 07, 2009, 06:39 PM »
me , my buddy, and my bro will be hitting cobbetts tommorow morn, we will be there at 7 am, anyone is welcome to join us if they want or just stop by to say hello if you decide to fish there. hopeing for some more bass and maybe a lucky trout, im surprised the fish and game site doesent say there is trout in there on there species list for it on there depth maps, there are browns and rainbows right? are there any brookies in there?

Catch A Buzz

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cobbetts tommorow
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2009, 08:21 PM »
me , my buddy, and my bro will be hitting cobbetts tommorow morn, we will be there at 7 am, anyone is welcome to join us if they want or just stop by to say hello if you decide to fish there. hopeing for some more bass and maybe a lucky trout, im surprised the fish and game site doesent say there is trout in there on there species list for it on there depth maps, there are browns and rainbows right? are there any brookies in there?
  Remember to fish that spot I told you about.  You will be chasing big Bass all day.  No Brookies that I know of.  Wish I were fishing there tomorrow as well but I'm stuck at the Home Show in Manchester all weekend.  Anyhow, good luck man!
A mans Shanty is his Castle

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2009, 10:29 AM »
KissMyBass

I think Cobbetts and Canobie are stock by FG but the fish are bought by the association of each body of water.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2009, 06:10 AM »
well we ended up catching a few largemouth and a couple perch, and i got my first trout out of cobbetts, only a 15 inch rainbow but it was nice to see one come out of there anyways, still workin on the browns haha. ill be out plowing and salting today but ill post the pic sometime after i get back

Catch A Buzz

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2009, 08:54 AM »
well we ended up catching a few largemouth and a couple perch, and i got my first trout out of cobbetts, only a 15 inch rainbow but it was nice to see one come out of there anyways, still workin on the browns haha. ill be out plowing and salting today but ill post the pic sometime after i get back
Congrats!

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2009, 08:58 AM »
By the way how was the ice out there besides wet?  Was it still pretty safe?

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Ice is still thick from 10-15 inches of ice. Open spot near the town beach but other than that it's great. Sat end of day all the water seeped into the cracks and holes and drained into the lake. Never seen anything like it before, drill a hole and all the water flows into it, not out but in. Go figure...
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2009, 09:40 PM »
it usually goes in when there is no snow weight on the ice ..like perma flush lol ;D KMB you got a bow sunday awesome where's the hot spot oh yeah can you drill me some more holes ? ;) :D

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2009, 09:57 PM »
Congrats on the Fish KMB, Glad you got a few ;)

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2009, 10:42 AM »
By the way how was the ice out there besides wet?  Was it still pretty safe?

like salmon said really wet i got soaked feet 5 mins after i got there haha, standing water in my boots it was kind of misserable but it was beautifull out , in the 50's
there was still over a ft of ice but the shoreline is getting sketchy, might need some planks if the warm weather keeps up. i just got a chance to get my pic on here ill post it in a min

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2009, 11:52 AM »

Catch A Buzz

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2009, 02:13 PM »
Went out today from 10-1230 and had 4 flags.  caught 3 bass 1 was 3.1lbs,2.4,1.5.  Snow and sluch.  Ice is holding up ok the first 2or 3in of white ice u can kick throw but the rest is hard.  Should be ok for some time with these temps for the rest of the week.  went out to a honey hole of mine sat with 4 friends.  Went throw 10 dozen shiners from730-5.  Alot of pickerel and about 10 bass.  A few perch.  3 pickerel over 2.5lbs and 1 bass at 2.13oz.  My friend had a pickerel that would have went over 5lbs.  It was a slab.  Hope to get backout to cobbetts later for the late bite.  Will let u all no how I did.shaun

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2009, 02:25 PM »
KissMyBass, congrats on the nice rainbow ;D
james

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2009, 05:12 PM »
you hit it again !!!!!u should call me man !! i could meet u in the afternoon now that it don't get dark till after 7 nice little bow there rich ..anything else ?

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2009, 07:36 PM »
Great looking Bow!  Nice catch

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Any1 been out there in the last few days and if so hows the ice doing?  should be ok i'm thinking this weekend.   saw some guys out there on tues with a quad and a gator.  shaun

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2009, 02:37 PM »
last i was there the shorline was a little sketchy but it was holding

Catch A Buzz

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2009, 02:47 PM »
went by last night because my buddy was still fishing when I got out at 5:30. Still a solid 12 inches but edges have been scethy. If you go on at the beach there is a little area that still goes to shore but it's weak there. Once you get 10 feet off shore you are all set.
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #18 on: Mar 12, 2009, 02:51 PM »
its going to be cold tonight and the next few days it will freeze right back up in one night

Catch A Buzz

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 12, 2009, 03:06 PM »
its going to be cold tonight and the next few days it will freeze right back up in one night
  Thanks guys!  I am psyched to fish out there on Saturday!  If anyone is out there see you there.  I'll be there around 9:00 AM.  I'm bringing my daughter because its going to be 48 degrees. ;D

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 13, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Any1 going out to cobbetts in the a.m.  If so let me no.  Would love to get out maybe for the last time.  shaun

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Any1 going out to cobbetts in the a.m.  If so let me no.  Would love to get out maybe for the last time.  shaun
Im heading out with my daughter but not until 9AM and only if its safe to get on at the beach.

Offline NHfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2009, 06:16 PM »
I went out for a few hours this afternoon. The bass bite was hot. Landed about a dozen in 2.5 hours. The two biggest were a 4lb. largie and a 3lb. smallie. The ice is still in good shape. The top was hard and like glass, but there was a layer of about 2 inches of soft ice under it, so if it gets real warm it might get slushy.

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:22 PM »
I went out for a few hours this afternoon. The bass bite was hot. Landed about a dozen in 2.5 hours. The two biggest were a 4lb. largie and a 3lb. smallie. The ice is still in good shape. The top was hard and like glass, but there was a layer of about 2 inches of soft ice under it, so if it gets real warm it might get slushy.
I am going out with my 4 year old daughter.  Is the ice safe at the beach to get on?  Thanks for the info.

Offline NHfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:59 PM »
I get on at my grandparents camp, which is in the big cove to the left. The edges are weak there, but the shore gets sun all day and the rock wall heats up. I drove by the town beach earlier and it looked pretty good, I think youll be fine. It  looked like there was still a strip of good ice right to the beach. The ice is great now itll probably soften up on top tomorrow afternoon, but it was amesome out there today. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.