Author Topic: Any got ice?  (Read 5632 times)

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Any got ice?
« on: Dec 06, 2006, 11:55 AM »
 The smaller lakes were just starting to tighten up and now we are into a stall. Barley freezing at night and mid 30's in the day time.  Anyone got ice?

Offline fshgtz62

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Any got ice?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2006, 10:33 PM »
I hear Chesterfield has 4-5". I will be heading out there in a couple days and will post it.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2006, 09:27 PM »
I got on the ice for the first time today.  5 to 6" on Upper Twin.  Caught perch and a few crappie. 

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2007, 03:52 PM »
5-6" ice on Cocolala lake.   Perch running 8 to 9".

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2007, 01:09 AM »
With the recent cold blast I will try to get out little this weekend. Maybe Spirit or Twin. Had some luck 2 weeks ago on Spirit, many small Perch and 1 trout on a tip up. Next weekend should be great after cold snap breaks and leaves nice weather. May try Round or Cocallola then.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2007, 08:30 AM »
Muff.......  We must be fishing the same lakes.  Im going to Cocolalla today.  I hear they are starting to catch blueback on Spirit.   We'll see......

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2007, 03:07 AM »
BlueDuck. i live here in Post Falls, i was out 2 weeks ago on Spirit, it was great, I went to Black Sheep and grabbed some more tip-ups. I was supposed to go out this weekend with my in-laws and then some but they wussed out 'cause it was too cold. i may still try to go out Sunday for some out of house time. How was Coca? I was worried that the warm weather ruined the ice.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2007, 09:43 AM »
I was at Cocolalla yesterday.  8" of good solid ice and growing.   I also heard Hauser is close to being safe.  I have done well on Hauser at times in the past. I might give that one a try monday......

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Blue, where are you getting our bait? local stores? i have only found maggots at the Exxon/Liq. store in Spirit lk.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Last I knew they had them at the Exxon in Rathdrum, the Rathdrum Drug and the Quick Stop at Twin Lakes Village.

Offline BassFisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2007, 09:37 PM »
Black Sheep has maggots most of the time.

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2007, 12:42 AM »
heading to Spirit Saturday morning to see if I can yank up some Blues.

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Caught all the little perch anyone could want at Spirit today, zero trout or Blueback. 8"-12+" of ice, low fishing pressure, only saw 3 others out today. gonna try somewhere else Sunday.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Caught a 6 fish limit of blueback on Lower Twin yesterday.  All about 10".   Usually good for perch too, but not yesterday.  Ill be out there again Sun. morning.

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:47 PM »
Blueduck, do you get on the ice at Lower Twin there at the Sportsmans access between the lakes? Is so, do you walk under the bridge? how is the ice there?

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:53 PM »
No I wouldn't try that. The water is moving under that bridge and Im sure the ice is thin.  I access Lower Twin back by the road by the Lightning Tavern. It goes by the golf course and dead ends at a boat ramp at the lake.  You need to park along the fence of the golf course.  Been getting limits (6 fish) of blueback there but can't buy a perch.  Always did good for them too on Lower Twin, but not this year. Good luck.

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:33 PM »
thanks for the tip, i may try that on Sunday, going to Coco on Sat.

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 27, 2007, 08:26 AM »
Murf if you didnt know there is a launch on lower but you end up having to park up by the driving range and walking down to the lake.

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2007, 10:02 PM »
I was only aware of the launch between the lakes, i have never driven back in the village by the golf course.
I went to Cocalolla on Saturday, got one cut and a pail of perch. Took Sunday off from fishing, may try Lower Twin next weekend.

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2007, 01:05 PM »
You dont go back in at the village you turn next to the lightning bar and drive down towards the lake.  Its kind of steep drive and if its ice you may not want to drive down there. but you can park up by the driving range and walk down

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:49 PM »
i do not know where the Lightning Bar is.

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:18 PM »
Par 3 golf corse road.  heading north on 41 it is the next left after you pass the turn off to the village.  Lightning bar is the little run down bar on the left.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Went to lower Twin yesterday..........  Really slow.   Went there 5 times now and it gets progresively worse each time...  Im giving it a rest.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.