Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: GOOD MOVE TODAY ON CLEAR LAKE!!!!!  (Read 1652 times)

Offline coldfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Do you like my lighted doorbell button?
GOOD MOVE TODAY ON CLEAR LAKE!!!!!
« on: Jan 26, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Well we folded up the glow worm hut today and headed for farmers beach. We ended up settin up on 11 feet of water a ways east of the ramp. Boy I couldn't be happier with the move. Tryin to chase these fish around in the winter with an 8 inch hole is a heck of a lot different than it is in the summer. :'(

We were very successful this summer but since we started on the ice it's been NERTS! That turnrd around some today. I can now understand the advice of people who say "If your not catchin anything MOVE". :o

We just picked a spot...hand augered out a hole and came up with 11 feet. GOOD ENUFF! We hand augered 6 holes and my arm was kinda rubbery by the time we were done. (WIMP) OR WHAT ???

After we got set up and were goin at it I had a knock on the door.???
Was it the big bad wolf ??? No it was CROWBAIT!
It was cool to meet him and he was helpfull as could be. He showed me some of his tackle and shared some techniques with me.
This board has turned out to be way COOL! I say a BIG thanks to him.
 Maybe I'll make an icefisherman yet! ;D

Right at 5:30 we started gettin bites. Nothin hard mind ya just nibbles.
Went on till about 7:00.
The striper did almost take my partners pole though. He wasn't timid at all.

CROWBAIT nabbed this happy little eye

So between us we ended up with these. No monster take but surely enough to make this rookie a very happy fisherman and give me incentive to continue. ;D

Thanks to all who have given advive and you sure have helped us along the way. It's pretty cool to meet people that are willing to help and give advice while expecting nothing in return. Fishermen are COOL folks!

Good luck to ya all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace Man! 8)
CESAR

FISHIN TILL THE BOTTOM DROPS OUT!

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: GOOD MOVE TODAY ON CLEAR LAKE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2005, 10:28 AM »
COLDFISHERMAN...It was great to finnally meet someone from ICESHANTY!!!! I'm glad the move worked for you. I hope to make it back up there again soon. I don't know how much help I was, but the airplane glowjig was workin for me.   Good luck!!

CROWBAIT

Offline waterbug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2005, 02:02 PM »
COLDFISHERMAN...It was great to finnally meet someone from ICESHANTY!!!! I'm glad the move worked for you. I hope to make it back up there again soon. I don't know how much help I was, but the airplane glowjig was workin for me.   Good luck!!

CROWBAIT
Just wanted to thank you myself for the ice fishing advice. Never ice fished until a week ago. I was with coldfisherman and between the two of us were starting to figure things out. We'll get better the more we fish. Too bad we didn't start ice fishing sooner. It sure beats sitting around the house watching TV. Hope to see you out there soon. Good Luck !!!

Offline fishiowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2005, 03:02 PM »
Coldfisherman- I am new to IceShanty also, I see your fishing only for eyes on CL; are the yellows hitting fairly consistently also? Live by Cherokee and want to come up and get some yellows and eyes.

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Cesar, Nice to see someone is catching eyes over there.  I might try and make it over sometime this weekend if I don't go to Brushycreek, Saylorville or who knows.  Depends on the wifes plans, somewhat...ha ha   Anyway, nice pictures, and hope you enjoyed eating those eyes...  Later, Tom

Offline coldfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Do you like my lighted doorbell button?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Coldfisherman- I am new to IceShanty also, I see your fishing only for eyes on CL; are the yellows hitting fairly consistently also? Live by Cherokee and want to come up and get some yellows and eyes.

I was told the yellows were biting off farmers beach but we only got the one. I was out tonight for an hour and a half and narry a nibble. Everybody was gone off the ice by 7:00. Guess I wasn't the only one with no luck.

Icey Tom if your out and see our hut stop by and say HI! Been fun meetin people from ICESHANTY!

Peace Man! 8)
CESAR

FISHIN TILL THE BOTTOM DROPS OUT!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.