Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: central Iowa  (Read 1643 times)

fish_skywalker

central Iowa
« on: Jan 18, 2005, 03:10 PM »
Anyone have any good central Iowa public spots im sick of getting shut-out

Offline goody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish, Forced to work!
Re: central Iowa
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2005, 06:03 PM »
I fished Badger Creek this morning and got on gills in every hole I drilled.....caught 103 gills and 2 crappie in 3hr45min of fishing.  Lots of others must be catching fish as I found several piles of dink gills that had been sorted out.  Only a few would have been worth keeping but it was a lot of fun catching and releasing that many fish before work :)

goody
Born to fish, forced to work!!

Des Moines, Iowa

Offline ratfinky

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut! Asphalt pro
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2005, 09:57 AM »
Anyone fishing Lake Belva Deer in Keokuk county?? Just got back from Farmington Iowa area and was wondering has any info.

Offline Quackhead

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it ain't frozen it ain't really fishin.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2005, 09:42 AM »
Fished Hooper on the south end of Aquabi last evening for couple hours.  We caught 15 nice 8-9 inch fat gills and a few dinks.  It wasn't hot and heavy by any stretch.  I can say I've never been shut out at Hooper though.

Offline BellyupFeetdanglin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2005, 01:34 PM »
wow, the lurker shows himself from the dark.  :o :o :o You should show your face a little more around here josh.  We're planning on hitting Rathbun on Sat and maybe Belva Deer on Sun.  Is the wife letting you play this weekend?

Dante83R

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2005, 08:58 AM »
    Got into some good crappies at Ada Hayden in Ames yesterday. Found em stacked up in 24 feet of water suspended at 10-15 ft.  The only time they hit was when I dropped a LIVE minnow to 7 ft and they'd come up and kill it.  If I dropped it to 10 they'd only look it over real good and go away.  I still haven't found the perch there.  Wish I'd see more of them.

walter

« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2005, 08:32 AM »
nice.  were you by the old creek where the crane used to be?  I've found suspended craps on the aqua view twice and couldn't get them to eat.  that's the problem with the camera for me is finding them suspended and finding my bait as well.  need to try the down-view i guess.  now i've got a my lowrance unit that has the digi flasher - which works very well by the way - so i'll try that next time.  if you weren't in the south piit near the stumps, then where in general, please???  Anyway, I can't remember the name of the person that started this, but Ada Hayden is definitely worth a shot.  I ice fished it a couple times before it was public and absoutely kiilled big craps.  it is very obvious that they are smarter now that they've seen a triillion jigs, but they are everywhere in there.  give it a shot - then tell us how you got em, eh?  wf

p.s.  also heard that a guy caught  a few big ones out in 40-50 ft of water in the south pit suspended about half way down.  he also caugth a 13 lb channel suspended over the deep water. 

Offline eye53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2005, 09:22 AM »
Are there any maps available for Ada Hayden?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.