The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: First trip of the season  (Read 1361 times)

Offline HogChaser

• IceShanty Rookie
First trip of the season
« on: Dec 09, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Looking to head out next Sunday for a 2 day trip with a buddy. I live in southeast mass so we don’t have anything around here right now. Any tips on areas, regions, towns that have ice? Willing to drive a couple hours. I’m not looking for exact locations I just need to be pointed in the right direction, much appreciated. Flags up boys :tipup:

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: First trip of the season
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2019, 10:49 AM »
After this rain I'd be looking to NH coming from where you are.  Smaller ponds out west might hold onto the ice but its hard to say with the weather forecast.
westernmas on the finder

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2019, 10:55 AM »
After this rain I'd be looking to NH coming from where you are.  Smaller ponds out west might hold onto the ice but its hard to say with the weather forecast.

After all that snow turned into slush ice, Im happy to see it all melt and start fresh.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline HogChaser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Ya that’s kinda what I was figuring, I’ve got no problem driving to NH but I’ve got a buddy whose just south of Ossipee and said his lake isn’t frozen yet (as of last week) I’m assuming if I aim more towards the mountains I’ll be sure to find something. I just want to pin down a location so we can get a cabin too! And hey pmaloney86, is that your last name!? I’m a Maloney too!

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Ya that’s kinda what I was figuring, I’ve got no problem driving to NH but I’ve got a buddy whose just south of Ossipee and said his lake isn’t frozen yet (as of last week) I’m assuming if I aim more towards the mountains I’ll be sure to find something. I just want to pin down a location so we can get a cabin too! And hey pmaloney86, is that your last name!? I’m a Maloney too!

Yup I'm a Maloney as well.  Ice fishing must be in the blood.
westernmas on the finder

Offline HogChaser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:19 PM »
Yup I'm a Maloney as well.  Ice fishing must be in the blood.

Ain’t that the truth. Good stuff man, maybe one day I’ll catch you out there. What part of mass do you come from. If your uncomfortable disclosing that information on here dm me! I don’t know how to do that on here but just curios man.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:52 PM »
Ain’t that the truth. Good stuff man, maybe one day I’ll catch you out there. What part of mass do you come from. If your uncomfortable disclosing that information on here dm me! I don’t know how to do that on here but just curios man.

My Maloney side of family is all from western mass, mostly the Springfield area.  I personally grew up in Westfield but moved to Southwick recently.  That side of my family is relatively small.
westernmas on the finder

Offline mossboss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2019, 04:12 PM »
I am from Southwick also, we should get together sometime, just itching to get out and do some ice fishing

Offline Eastciderida

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Central ma ice was holding up was standing on three inches of white ice and half ice of black this afternoon after tonight and next couple nights I’ll be heading out in monday

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2019, 05:16 PM »
Central ma ice was holding up was standing on three inches of white ice and half ice of black this afternoon after tonight and next couple nights I’ll be heading out in monday
we survived. I think central ma is locked up for the season in most ponds.

Offline Eastciderida

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2019, 05:21 PM »
we survived. I think central ma is locked up for the season in most ponds.
Had a feeling it would it didn’t rain to hard couple nights will have the edges solid again.
Still need to get my gear ready and pick up a new battery for the flasher

Offline bpfishhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2019, 06:59 AM »
looks like round two of melting coming Friday to sunday. looking good after that. better stay that way!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.