Author Topic: Strikemaster 40V - Magnetic Cover  (Read 1365 times)

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster 40V - Magnetic Cover
« on: Dec 19, 2022, 03:02 PM »
I'll be picking up one of the newer magnetic covers for my 8" 40V Strikemaster.  One question I've got concerning it is this - how well does it stay on with bumps and wind?  I will be loading my ATV in the back of my pickup, with the auger mounted on the front rack.  The auger will be exposed to alot of wind and weather going down the road.....is there a way to tie it to the auger for this circumstance?  Or would I be better off just putting a traditional cover on the auger blades for higher speed?

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Strikemaster 40V - Magnetic Cover
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2022, 04:57 PM »
It has more than just magnets. It clips on also for added security. It’s pretty solid if you ask me. It won’t go anywhere.

Are you putting it on the lite-flite bit with plastic flighting or a steel bit? I believe these only work in the lite-flite.

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2022, 05:17 PM »
Followup question: they make nicer covers like that for 6" hand augers? The ones Tha come on those are laughable, and just destined to get lost or broken
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2022, 08:21 PM »
splatty, just get a piece of pvc pipe with an end cap and cut a slot to fit your particular auger.  i can't figure out how to load pictures on here but i'm sure if you google it, something will come up.  i rivetted a heavy duty rubber band on the open end of mine, works great.

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2022, 09:48 PM »
splatty, just get a piece of pvc pipe with an end cap and cut a slot to fit your particular auger.  i can't figure out how to load pictures on here but i'm sure if you google it, something will come up.  i rivetted a heavy duty rubber band on the open end of mine, works great.

That should work great, sounds like I've got a weekend project
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2022, 08:29 AM »
It has more than just magnets. It clips on also for added security. It’s pretty solid if you ask me. It won’t go anywhere.

Are you putting it on the lite-flite bit with plastic flighting or a steel bit? I believe these only work in the lite-flite.

That's good to hear!  I was planning on putting it on a standard steel auger bit....dang, might have to look into the lite flite.

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2022, 10:35 AM »
Update - the magnetic cover seems to fit just fine on the standard 8" auger for the 40v Strikemaster! Figured others might want to know .

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2022, 01:54 PM »
Update - the magnetic cover seems to fit just fine on the standard 8" auger for the 40v Strikemaster! Figured others might want to know .

Nice
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2022, 02:08 PM »
Good to know. Care to post some pictures?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.