Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612440 times)

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #29070 on: Sep 27, 2022, 05:31 AM »
Have a good day Steve..
Jeff have fun with all those appointments… @)
More cleaning greenhouses for me today.
 We decided not to do any Christmas stuff and trees  this year .  Which is fine with me… ;D
48* cloudy and windy here now,  rain later…
 Have a good day all..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29071 on: Sep 27, 2022, 05:36 AM »
47* and clear.

Not much going on around here. We did get some on and off rain yesterday.

WS, hope the winds have died down. My Dad loved deer hunting in the wind. He did a lot of still hunting.

ZCM, when your son moves up to the .22 you may have to go to the bank if he is anything like we were as kids. We would go thru a box of 50 in no time but they were only .49 cents a box.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #29072 on: Sep 27, 2022, 06:13 AM »
I am still getting a few tomatoes here and there from my garden, and really savoring the last few tomato sandwiches because by the end of this week there will be no more until next August.

Put away a bunch of tomato sauce as usual in my freezer and I estimated that we took 300 pounds this summer. Harvesting and making sauce is nearly a 2nd full-time job every August-September. Also did well again with corn. and the no-brainers - beans, beets and cukes. Time to start daydreaming about the upcoming ice season and letting my imagination wonder how big the crappies got since last winter.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #29073 on: Sep 27, 2022, 06:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fair skies and 50* on the Hill this am, high of 63 with scattered showers again this afternoon.

H2…congrats to you and the team taking most of the points again!  :clap:  Team work is what it is all about, right?  :thumbsup:
  Dom…sounds to me like your early ice calendar just opened up!!  :clap: :icefish: Saw that picture you shared on the Spring edibles thread…that puffball was bigger than most pumpkins we get every year, WOW!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Jeff…unbelievable with the scammers, sorry to read about that and glad you were able to put the brakes on that crap quickly!  :%$#!: Best wishes with all the appointments today and no more issues with your accounts!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…keeping the fingers crossed for your adventures, hopefully today is the day…will be standing by for your next report!    :thumbsup:
  Steve…I’m not certain if Mike got the gentleman’s address or not, but I have a good feeling that their paths will cross again at the same spot…believe it was mentioned that fisherman was a regular at that area we fished.  :thumbsup:
  Z, Ice, Doc…your discussion about the 20 gauges really perked my interest, enough that I went and took mine out of the gun case it’s been stored away in to hold it again.  ;D  It was the first shotgun I ever hunted with, a 185 K-C Mossberg 3 shot bolt action that was my Dads..produced 1963-64. Thank you guys for your discussion and rekindling a memory for me…I lost my Dad in 1973 when I was 12 and never got to hunt with him, but I know he was with me when I shot my first of many rabbits and grouse with his gun. Going to clean it up and oil it down again as soon as this post goes through!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…is the bakery going to be open today??  :whistle:  ;D

A few errands to run this morning and harvesting/pulling up the rest of what’s still left growing in my raised beds. Won’t be too long now before the garlic gets planted for next season’s harvest!  ;D
  Cawfee’s still hot!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29074 on: Sep 27, 2022, 07:03 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....fingers crossed everyone at home is back on their feet and you have stayed "bug free" ;)2

H2L....beautiful picture, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....the bakery will be up and running Thursday for a MA trip on Friday  @)

IW.....hope your string of back luck is over now  :-\  good luck with today's appointments  :)

MrC....the donuts were at 2 different cider mills we stopped at the other day $5.99 for 6 last year $7.99 now  ::)  donuts at the bakery at the Barn Fest were $1.00 each

TT.....small craft warnings on Eriee and Ontario also, 8-10' waves possible thru Wednesday  :o

Raquette......it will be nice having time to enjoy the season instead of dealing with the holiday hustle and bustle  :clap:

Nothing much planned for today, another chilly damp day with rain in the forecast  :unsure:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29075 on: Sep 27, 2022, 07:32 AM »
masoneddie - ought to shoot it  ;D The guy I deer hunt with has one of those Mossberg bolts of about the same vintage in 16 gauge that he inherited from his grandad.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29076 on: Sep 27, 2022, 08:11 AM »
Good morning everyone.

Frost warnings around the cranberry  marsh this morning. The wind has died down.

Yesterday was fairly quiet. The 2 deer I did see were about as skittish as it gets. One was bald and the other a decent 8. The 8 came within range but way to early for that.

This morning it was heavy fog. The woods is silent. I had 3 baldies hold be hostage for about a half hour. The biggest doe kept looking behind her as if another deer was coming but nothing happened. Eventually they moved on.

I have to go back to the shack at 11am as my sister is bound and determined to bring me lunch. I hope it isn't dumplings and chicken or I will not want to leave the new Lazy Boy.

No reception last night. Seems good now. The report from home this morning is both girls are firing  on all cylinders.

Hope you all have a good day.  Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29077 on: Sep 27, 2022, 11:16 AM »
Good Morning brunch crew, Last cutting of hay crop bailed and hauled out is history on my hill, 42* this morning, and of course the humming birds left 2 days ago.  See there is one lonely beef steak tomato to pick.  Had thoughts of going and getting a bushel of canning tomatoes if still available.  But at from .66 to $.79 for 15oz cans having to purchase the tomatoes seems like a break even expense. 

Did up 8 more pints of pears, so now looks like canning is done for this year. 

See a Killer Instinct lethal 405 crossbow on sale, but shop didn't have any cranks or even a model that would be included.  Seeing's how my steel has turned to putty, the thought of trying to best 210# of pull to cock the bow is not for me.  So online I go and find a shop that had 3. I'll call that an early Xmas present to myself.  ;)

Can you say "Rednick"  while returning from the dump yesterday, pulling up to stop sign to make a left turn onto highway, here comes a red sports car fixing to turn left onto the road I am on.  I noticed it had stopped, then noticed the rear wheels spinning, sure enough it goes into a power slide doing 2 360 spinouts right in front of me coming to stop but maybe 3 feet from crashing into me.  I reach for my I-Phone to snap a picture of its license plate, the driver looks over his shoulder at me, flips me off, does a 180 power spin, heading off at a high rate of speed the direction i had just come from.  Either he was drunk, showing off, or being pursued by law enforcement, as I then make my left turn and traveling up half mile towards home, a sheriffs car  :callcops: passes me going in the direction of that intersection.

So looks like I will be mounting the scope on the crossbow, and setting up trail cam to see if I can record any deer movements.

Dom hope the clean outs go smoothly for you, I was thinking is must be about that time to be closing the green houses down.

BTW I have a 16 gauge side-by-side might be a good idea to stock up on some shells for it.  Or at least dies and reloading supplies.  :unsure: 

Marv at what range, are you most comfortable with your crossbow ?  what weight on hunting tips ?

well back to raiding the coffee pot.  Take care all.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29078 on: Sep 27, 2022, 11:27 AM »
  Good morning ER's wishing everyone good health. Mason congrats to Landen on his success and to the ones who assisted.. Glad you found info on the 2nd canoe. There was high fives everywhere when that was being brought out of the lake. Bud that's the lake where you brought out the electric bike and camera. IW sorry to hear of the scammer effort/ glad you were able to get on top of that soon. I did sell the old wood burning stove replica for 40.00 so not great but not bad since it was free. Getting closer to first freeze so fishing should get real hot soon. Have a good Tues.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29079 on: Sep 27, 2022, 08:36 PM »
Good evening,prayers for all in Florida as Hurricane Ian moves towards the state's west coast line. Looking like the storm will make landfall as a category 3 or 4 storm so heavy damage expected.
Ice Wanderer glad you received the alert from your bank and were able to stop the scammers from causing bigger problems for you. May all have gone well at the VA and your wife's doctor.
Raquetteedacker may your boss's choice not to sell trees and other Christmas items not effect him to bad financially. Enjoy any extra free time you get from work this Holiday season.
Hunts2long thank you for posting the rainbow photo.
Warrior on Ice welcome to the thread good to read you had good production from your garden this season. Enjoy the homemade tomato sauce.
Eddie may Mike or you run into the fisherman on future trip to Salmon river ,may his kindness be rewarded in him catching a personal best salmon. Nice that you have your father's shotgun. If Landen has shown an interest in hunting you can pass it on to him in a few years.
Wallyworld may there be no last minute stop to your MA. trip this time. Supermarkets here charging similar price for cider doughnuts,I have not been to any farm stands yet this Fall expect the $7.99 price at one belive they were charging $6.999 last year. Good quality doughnuts but getting pricey.
Zcm-82 may it have been a good day for you. Have you started to wear layers yet during the motorcycle ride to and from work.
Whopper Stopper hopefully the frost creates some deer movement. May your choice to pass on the 8pt. buck not come back to haunt you realize you still have rifle season to get a shot at "Big Ben" .Good to read the "Girls" are back to normal. I'm sure your sister provided a great lunch whatever the meal may it not have made you miss this afternoon's hunting hours by relaxing in one of the Lazy Boys.
Old Goat thank you for the good health wishes same extended to you and your family.
IFF good to hear your neighbor has completed baling the hay and moving to his barn/storage area for future use as livestock feed. Sounds like you are set in caned pears for the year or longer. Best to you with the new crossbow never knew they had such high draw/pull weights. gald you were not in an accident possibly a local moonshiner running from the sheriff with a fresh load.  :whistle: I hope you do not post that law enforcement is looking for a red sports car used in or seen at some crime scene.

May everyone have a good night. best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29080 on: Sep 27, 2022, 09:17 PM »
Good evening everyone!

Well, just the 3 baldies for the day.

I came in at 11am and my sister was already here. She brought cornish game hens, mashed potatoes,  beans from her garden, a loaf of home made bread and a Dutch apple pie with some ice cream for the top. BALLS!

I didn't even hear her leave as I fell asleep in the lazy boy.

Bud...my scope has 4 vertical dots for 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards. 30 yards has been no problem and I would be comfortable out of a stand at 40yards. In my yard at a target, 60 yards is no problem. I use 100 grain Slick Trick broad heads

Hope everyone has a good night!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29081 on: Sep 28, 2022, 04:51 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 49* and cloudy with some overnight rain. ::)
                          Marv........With a lunch like that it was a sure thing that you would fall asleep in the recliner. :whistle: Glad the girls are back to normal. :thumbsup:
                  You have some more stand time to see the big boy. :blink:
                          Warrior.....It's good to see you posting here. :thumbsup: Good job on you garden harvest. :flex: Maybe we can meet up again for some ice fishing. :unsure:
                          H2l..........What beautiful picture of the rainbow. Thanks for sharing. :clap:
                          Wally........All three appointments went well. My numbers were really good, my Dr. said he couldn't sell me anything. :flex:
                          Eddie........I hope the garden clean up went well and you got it done before the rain moved in. :unsure:
                          Bud..........When does hunting season start down there and end. What are the bag limits? ???
                          Old Goat...Good job selling the stove. :thumbsup:
                          Steve.......I have a friend that lives in Bonita Springs Fl, I called him yesterday to wish him to be safe. The storm is projected to make landfall
                   north of his location so he's staying put. :flex:
                          As I wrote to Wally, my appointment went well and he gave me a flue shot and a tetanus shot. He said my arm would be sore but so far nothing.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #29082 on: Sep 28, 2022, 05:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day! 
  Think I saw Jeff out in the hallway, Morning Sir!  Cloudy and 50* to start the day, high of 63.  Thought’s and prayers are with the Floridians this morning with Hurricane Ian.

Marv…excellent news on the ladies and thank you for the reports from the stand! Very happy you’re seeing some deer. Must say, passing on that 8 pointer put a  ;D on my face! Glad you enjoyed an awesome lunch with your sister and broke that LazyBoy in properly. Best of luck meeting up with Ben today… :thumbsup: :bow:
  Dave…haven’t heard much from you recently, hope all is well, looking forward to see you posting again Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Warrior…welcome aboard the 9:45, congrats on an excellent harvest this season and a stockpile of sauce!   :clap:
  Steve…at some point in the near future I will pass my Dad’s gun down to Mike and then it will be his turn to know when the time is right to pass it down to Landen.  :thumbsup:
  OG…Thank You!   :thumbsup:  There were several good articles and news segments on that canoe, what a find!  :clap:
  Bud…I don’t have a clue what possesses some of these morons to do what that guy did with his car in front of you!  :cookoo: :%$#!:  I believe I posted here about something similar we witnessed early in the morning on the Bank job we were building, but there wasn’t another vehicle in the area involved in that…just plain stupid and dangerous. Congrats on the pear canning and best of luck putting some venison in the freezer with that new Christmas present!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Z…realized yesterday after handling the gun why I had it stored away. Was going to bring it to a gunsmith at one point to have the safety and firing pin worked on. Seems there were problems with most of the productions of that gun concerning firing pins from what I’ve read. Making a few calls today to see what I can do about that. I want to fire it again!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…glad the family is over that dang Covid issue and you’re going to make the trip to this week, fantastic!!  :bow: Will be looking forward to seeing what the bakery has planned!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…excellent report from the Dr.’s office!!  :flex: :clap:  Got some of the gardening done yesterday, will put the finishing touches on that today.  :thumbsup:
  H2…awesome picture of the double rainbow, thanks for sharing that.   :thumbsup:

Just about ready to sit down with my granddaughter for breakfast before her school day begins and my chores continue, lol.   Cawfee’s strong and hot this morning! 
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29083 on: Sep 28, 2022, 06:40 AM »
51* and a few clouds.

IW, glad the appts went well. I have to go get my flu shot.

WS, sounds like your s-i-l doesn't want you to hunt. She made sure to keep you in the lazy-boy.

WW, hope you enjoy the trip East. Any games planned for the weekend?

The past two nights I haven't slept very good so the wife "said" to take it easy today. Pain in my right hip and I just can't get into a position that is comfortable. I think it is the weather!

Talked to my nephew yesterday, he had a sow with 3 cubs in his yard on Sunday.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29084 on: Sep 28, 2022, 07:00 AM »
Morning all,

WS......that was quite a lunch  :thumbsup:  good luck in the stand today  ;)

IW.....glad all the appointments went well  :clap:  flu shot's on my to do list  :)

H2L....yep a few games, field hockey Friday afternoon, soccer Saturday morning, ice hockey and a regatta Sunday  :woot:  this weather does tend to make one's bones ache  ::)

Eddie.....surprisingly none of the 3 kids ended up getting sick  :thumbsup:  since clearing my gardens the resident turkeys have decided that's a good place to play in the dirt  :roflmao: last count was 30 birds  :o

IFF.....you must have been a good boy this year for Santa to drop in early  :whistle: :woot:

MrC.....guess at these prices, donuts will have to become a "special treat" not something regularly seen on the counter  :blink:

Looks like a little over 1 & 1/2" of rain fell yesterday, more showers for today  ::)  thoughts and prayers for those in the path of Ian, can't even begin to imagine that  :o :o

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29085 on: Sep 28, 2022, 11:43 AM »
Goof morning/afternoon everyone  :bow:

A crisp 27 here this morning, somebody froze their onions.

A nice quiet morning  but unfortunately no deer moving. I am going to grab a sandwich then head to my back stand for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone is having a good Hump day.

Stay safe and keep healthy .

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29086 on: Sep 28, 2022, 12:58 PM »
Been a busy week getting the HVAC fixed on the cleanroom but that job is done and the room is running a cool 64 degrees. Now the rest of the week will be hectic at best with me being the only one here, besides the boss but all he does is get in the way most the time. But T minus 5 days and I will be on the mountain taking a rifle for a few walks looking for elk, but Saturday evening will see if we can get our crane tags done or not. Have a great hump day everyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29087 on: Sep 28, 2022, 01:56 PM »
Jeff. November 3-17th archery and muzzle loaders 17th November- January rifle. Whoa what a mess Ian is causing in Florida. Winds here are in a hurry to catch up with that hurricane.

Marv.  Hope you’re keeping your fingers warm
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29088 on: Sep 28, 2022, 08:51 PM »
Good evening, watched some news footage on Hurricane Ian looks like there will be major damage the strong winds are causing tornado treats in areas not directly in the storms path. Still concerns over storm surge as the water was draw away from the coastline by storm but will return at some point. I also see there was a school shooting in Oakland ,CA. which left six people wounded at time of story law enforcement was still searching for the shooter.
Ice Wanderer good to hear all went well with the doctors appointments and your wife's dog vet visit. May you friend in Bonita Springs escape major storm damage and problems caused by hurricane Ian. I have to talk to some people over the next few days have relatives and friends in different parts of Florida see how they all are doing and where they may be lodging until they can hopefully return to their homes.
Whopper Stopper may the temperature have increased as today went by chilly start to your day. Ihope you saw some deer movement today and not just does. If I ate a lunch like that think i also would have retired to a comfortable chair.
Eddie may you find a gun smith who can repair your dads shotgun so you can pass a properly working firearm unto your son and eventually landen. may you have gotten the rest of your garden pulled today.
Hunts2long hope you are feeling better a get a good rest tonight. May the sow and her cubs not become a problem for your nephew as they search for food to fatten up before hibernating.
Wallyworld good to read your grandchildren never got Covid after both of their parents were infected. May you have safe and problem free travel on Friday .Best to the grandchildren and their teammates with all the different sport games. I do my best to restrict myself to one or two treat food items per shopping trip given the higher prices. Enjoy watching the turkeys as they search for food in your former garden location.
Fish/hunt4ever good to read the new HVAC unit is installed in the clean room. May you fill the Sand hill Crane tags on Saturday. Also may you be rewarded with good elk hunting after working alone and your trip to Tulsa,OK.
IFF thank you for the information on deer hunting seasons in Tennessee. I hope you did not have any damage from the winds in your area today.

Prayers for all effected and in hurricane ian's path also for all involved with the Oakland,CA> school shooting. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29089 on: Sep 28, 2022, 10:16 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

Well, a long day in the stand today and nothing spotted. I am heading home in the morning so I can knock off a couple tree jobs. I will come back to the shack a week or so before Halloween which is my favorite night to hunt.

When I got in tonight from my stand I made a fire out in the fire pit. I was only sitting for a short time when the old indian from across the road walked over with some blue berry wine he made. We sat around for a couple hours slinging the bull passing the old vinegar jug back and forth. I remember him saying next time he would bring 2 jugs, and me thinking that's all I would need ??? He's a pretty good old fella.

Hope everyone has a good evening!

WS

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29090 on: Sep 29, 2022, 04:50 AM »
Better luck next time Marv ..
 I might be able to get out this weekend..

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29091 on: Sep 29, 2022, 05:14 AM »

Good morning Dom, ER's,
                       It's 44* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                       Dom.......I wish you good success if you get out this weekend. :thumbsup:
                       H2l.........I hope the soreness has left your body, you need to be in top shape for Sunday's bowling. :flex:
                       Marv.......Just a couple of glasses of the Indian's home made wine would do me in. :roflmao: Safe trip home and I hope the tree jobs go well. :flex:
                       Wally.......Safe travels to you and Mr. WW tomorrow. :thumbsup:
                       Eddie.......There use to be an old timer gunsmith up this way that could do your shot gun but he is no longer with us, a good gunsmith is hard
               to find anymore. :whistle:
                       Fish.........Why is it you the only one there? Good job fixing the HVAC, hopefully the work can continue without any more problems. :flex: I hope
               you can fill yore tags. :thumbsup:
                       Steve.......I tied sending a message to my friend in Bonita Springs but I assume the power is out and probably no internet, so I didn't hear from
                him. I will try texting him when I got to town this morning. :blink:
                       Yesterday, I gathered some more wood to use for the hot water, i don't want to start using the wood I have in the wood shed, that's for the heating
                season. Not much on the menu today, My wife is headed to her mom's this morning. so it will be just me and the weather cat till next Wednesday or Thursday.
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29092 on: Sep 29, 2022, 06:48 AM »
46* and some clouds.

WS, the deer seem to disappeared around here also. I did see a small buck with a couple does a few days ago. That home made wine can do a number on you!

Got a better nights sleep last night, still taking it easy.

IW, safe travels for the wife and don't overdo it while she is gone.

WW, how is the baking going this morning? Have a safe trip on Friday and Good Luck to the kids.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29093 on: Sep 29, 2022, 06:55 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts and prayers to those affected by Ian and the CA school shooting :( :( 

WS.....that home made wine will leave a mark  :roflmao:  safe travels  ;)

H2L.....hope you were able to get some rest  :unsure:  see you posted before I got thru, glad you're doing better  :clap:

IW.....safe travels to MrsIW  ;)

Eddie.....is Landen ready for another trip to the river yet  ??? :flex:

MrC.....the turkeys are definitely entertaining  :thumbsup:

Looks like we might actually see the sun today for a change  @) and  the bakery will be opening in a bit  ;)2

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29094 on: Sep 29, 2022, 08:26 AM »
good morning

WW what's that smell coming from the oven ???

45* on this hill, Got MSG from Sandra, the Sonic began to develop a rattle, had it checked and has some front end parts that need replacing and of course front end alignment quote was $550.  Got the kitty a scratching post to keep him entertained, sure has grown  :o

think I will fire up the lawn mower, maybe that will be the last cutting for a while, then a grocery shopping trip to replentish some weekly supplies, is about all for me.  looks like from now on, no more 80-90* days, no moisture scheduled until Saturday-Sunday in these parts.

Marv that frost a bit early ???  Would think later part of October would be the norm. 

Dom what's on your hunt list ?

best to all.  Take care.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29095 on: Sep 29, 2022, 09:45 AM »
Chocolate chip peanut butter brownies

Start to finish

Apple pie ready for it’s lid and get popped in the oven

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29096 on: Sep 29, 2022, 11:01 AM »
Well my coworker was here for the first 3 days of the week, but now he is back on the mountain hunting again.  He will be there thru Saturday, head down for church on Sunday, then head back up and hunt Monday and Tuesday morning then head off the mountain, when I head my way up there.  He wanted the first couple of days off next week to rifle hunt as I usually take the 1st full week and last full week of October off and he knew and and wined and moaned until I gave in and gave him the couple of days, my first reply was it is not my fault that you do not hunt all weekend long, but finally gave in and did not want the fight for time off.  His daughter got a little buck deer with the crossbow this last weekend, so that was exciting for her.  Well better get and go do more work around here so I have everything caught up so that I can maybe get out of here early next Tuesday if all works out.  Have a great Thursday everyone and the smell from the bakery is making me hungry might have to go find a snack.  Be safe out there on the water, in the woods, or on the road.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29097 on: Sep 29, 2022, 11:47 AM »
Finished product

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29098 on: Sep 29, 2022, 11:50 AM »
They all look delicious..👍👍

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29099 on: Sep 29, 2022, 01:05 PM »
Moose swimming across Raquette lake yesterday..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.