Author Topic: Tracksled/Snowdog regestration  (Read 527 times)

Offline joehomey

• IceShanty Rookie
Tracksled/Snowdog regestration
« on: Oct 14, 2020, 01:33 PM »
I've been planning a tracksled build and just trying to get my ducks in a row. Called fish and game to ask about registration. They referenced an internal email and said they would have to be registered as a snowmobile. That stinks especially for those who purchase a snowdog, who claim no regestration is needed. Not sure if anyone else has any other info and not sure how exactly I'll go about registering said tracksled but that's what the person on the phone told me.

I'm still learning toward the build since it will open up more water for me to access as opposed to just walking and also I won't need a trailer for it which is why I was interested in them in the first place.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tracksled/Snowdog regestration
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2020, 08:20 AM »
I assume that if you build one you'd be sourcing the parts from a snowmobile... Just register it as the sled you tore apart to build it. If that sled is over 25 years old you'll only have to register it once and its good for as long as you stay a NH resident.
I'm not claiming that is the proper way to go about it but it seems there's a lot of grey area with these and that's how I'd go about it.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tracksled/Snowdog regestration
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2020, 09:04 AM »
Yep, that's the way to go, antique registration, use an antique sled for the donor chassis. Course the thing that stinks is you'll still need to pay for a full yearly snowmobile registration if you want to go out of state, for whichever state you go to since out of state aren't eligible for antique reg.

Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.