Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Beeds Lake/Hampton  (Read 1793 times)

IceOzzy

Beeds Lake/Hampton
« on: Jan 21, 2004, 02:16 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has fished Beed's Lake near Hampton?  Venturing away from the home lake and I haven't fished this lake for years.  Any info would be great! Thanks, IceOzzy

UP XPLANT

Re:Beeds Lake/Hampton
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2004, 11:15 AM »
     I fished Beed's lake about two weeks ago.  Everyone was catching a great deal of Crappies, but the were small.  The averaged about 7", so I did not keep any, but there were guys who took a mess of them home.  We were fishing by the campground where all the shanties were.  They were at varying depths, so a Vex helps a lot.

Good luck

Harddog

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2004, 11:06 AM »
Hey,
    I just fished Beed's yesterday (Jan 22). Fished all morning near the shanties by the park with no luck. Around noon we moved to the north side of the lake just off the rock jetty. We picked up a few small bluegills there, but they were far and few between. Then about 3:00 we moved a little west. (About straight across the lake from the boat ramp, in about 12 ft. of water). After 4:00 things really started to pick up. We had several larger bluegills, a couple of crappies, and we lost a nice smallie.
    A bright red jig with a waxie was the hot ticket when they started biting. I think most of the luck comes in the late afternoon and evening on this lake, I wouldn't waste all day there. The day we were there, it was windier than the dickens, but the north side of the lake offered excellent protection from the stiff northwest wind.
    Good luck to all,
                           Harddog :'(

IceOzzy

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2004, 06:46 AM »
Fished the north shore of Beads on Sat from 7-5pm.  Two of us ended up catching 125 gills and a small largemouth. Kept 17 gills in the 7.5in + range.  Tons of people out there and and there was over a ft of ice.

Fished PC yesterday and the bite was dead. Later, Oz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.