Author Topic: Lets Talk OFF-SEASON Wish List  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lets Talk OFF-SEASON Wish List
« Reply #30 on: Mar 21, 2016, 11:36 PM »
I need a Mr Heater Little Buddy.   I have the Portable Buddy and it is too big for my Clam Nanook Thermal, I spend more time turning it on and off.  A smaller one will stay on and be about right.

The Little Buddy does not get good reviews here. I have one of these and prefer it to the small disk heaters:
http://www.coleman.com/product/5053A751#.VvDLIfkrKUl

Better control over less heat that the Buddy or Big Buddy, plus a fan to reduce condensation. I would suggest seeing if anyone close to you and check it out.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 22, 2016, 02:54 AM »
Well, I've pretty much got it all: my Banjo-Minnow, my Bleeding-Minnow, and my TwitchingLure! What more could anyone possibly need in their tackle-box?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #32 on: Mar 22, 2016, 11:44 AM »
Well, I've pretty much got it all: my Banjo-Minnow, my Bleeding-Minnow, and my TwitchingLure! What more could anyone possibly need in their tackle-box?
crappie candle,reel weeds and a ron popiel pocket fisherman would be a great addition to your arsenal.haha

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #33 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:02 PM »
more ridgid brand tools! you know what they say.
there's a few nice sales at home depot on them too.

I need a Mr Heater Little Buddy.   I have the Portable Buddy and it is too big for my Clam Nanook Thermal, I spend more time turning it on and off.  A smaller one will stay on and be about right.
i have both and prefer the little buddy. i keep it and two lanterns and spare mantels and one pound propane gas can with a few propane bases in a rectangle litter bucket always with me no matter which sled/shanty i pull and i use the top of it for a table and can use rod holders on it too.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:14 PM »
Considering the pathetic nature, quantity and duration of the ice the last few years  I really need nothing. Have lots of stuff picked up lately that has seen limited ice time but not really used the way it was intended. An ION auger is under consideration but never saw much more than 6" of "iffy" at best ice, so why bother with a major purchase like that. Most lures and plastics purchased this winter never got wet.

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Mar 23, 2016, 06:52 AM »
As the original poster I will add handheld GPS - The lack of whiteout/blizzard conditions this past winter made it easy to forget how easily they can get you crossed up on larger water
Go to Heaven for the climate, to hell for the company!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 28, 2016, 12:50 PM »
Throw a couple of those rods in the boat.  You get some weird looks but its pretty fun to take the flasher along and throw the transducer over the side of the boat and vertical jig with the ice rod.  But maybe thats just me  ???

Ha Ha I get those looks too. When I break out the extending golfball retriever=a transducer extension cable and the long rods is when I really get the strange looks.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 28, 2016, 05:31 PM »
What makes you think they are looking at your equipment ? ::) ;D :whistle: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ♫♪♫♫
Bud

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Mar 30, 2016, 09:48 AM »
I'll have to investigate the Coleman Cat and the Little Buddy.     

Oh I forgot to mention i need a large hub for when three or four of us want to go out on the ice.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Rwolff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Apr 10, 2016, 04:22 PM »
This summer I'm selling my old jiffy model 30 and going with a cordless drill set up for next year

Offline Minnowhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Apr 11, 2016, 08:26 AM »
I'm wishing to upgrade my Vex to the FLX-28. Other than that, I've spent a small fortune this off season with a new Nils 6", Jiffy Pro4 lite 8", IceHopper and Shappell fx-100...
Confucious say: "Wise man waits till Winter to walk on water!"

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Apr 11, 2016, 09:59 AM »
I'm wishing to upgrade my Vex to the FLX-28. Other than that, I've spent a small fortune this off season with a new Nils 6", Jiffy Pro4 lite 8", IceHopper and Shappell fx-100...

Youll love the 6" NILS - Mine is the best investment I have ever made

Offline Minnowhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Apr 11, 2016, 02:16 PM »
I used to hand turn through a foot or more of ice with a Moira. Never again....lol
Confucious say: "Wise man waits till Winter to walk on water!"

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Apr 12, 2016, 05:11 AM »
I used to hand turn through a foot or more of ice with a Moira. Never again....lol

Yeah.....Leave all that to the bodybuilder and construction dudes. lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.