Author Topic: ICE!!!  (Read 4761 times)

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
ICE!!!
« on: Nov 19, 2007, 05:28 PM »
Noticed on the way home this afternoon that Echo lake in the north country was skimmed over.  Thats a great sign.  I will check Jericho and Cedar and update this weekend.

Rene

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ICE!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2007, 05:37 PM »
We have had several small ponds stay skimmed all day!

Offline salmohunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2007, 06:05 PM »

Time to polish up the creepers.. ;D
All fisherman are lier's....Except you and me....And I'm not so sure about you...

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2007, 06:07 PM »

Time to polish up the creepers.. ;D

you are a little late for that!  ;D

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2007, 06:27 PM »
oh goodie, just in time for me to go to flippin texas! the ice is still mighty thin down that way

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:38 AM »
The way things look to be around here, we will be fishing the small bodies of water by the 15th!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2007, 07:24 AM »
thats what i am thinking.
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2007, 07:25 AM »
thats what i am thinking.

Hey look tat this. I might go tracking this afternoon!

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2023, 09:36 AM »
Ice fishing under way at Streeter Pond ,  Sugar Hill.
Dick

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2023, 03:44 PM »
Awesome the the thread started 16 years ago..I’m sure they are ice fishing up north
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2023, 05:05 PM »
I found some fishable ice the other day up north a bit....

Every fish is a good fish!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2023, 11:28 AM »
Funny reading this….as I watched a guy on a jet ski Saturday afternoon and seen on the news how someone needed rescuing in Alton on a jet ski…
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2023, 08:00 AM »
Funny reading this….as I watched a guy on a jet ski Saturday afternoon and seen on the news how someone needed rescuing in Alton on a jet ski…

Seen a dude powerslide his Harley for 3 gears out of the shop parking lot in the slush yesterday morning.. Looked like his skill set was above the need for rescue though. Damn the seasons, do what makes you smile lol...

The real question is how many pages back of digging did Dick have to go to find this thread???
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2023, 08:03 PM »
Quote from: 800stealth link=topic=60124.msg4322387#msg4322387 date=1701784820

The real question is how many pages back of digging did Dick have to go to find this thread???
[/quote

I'll bet he's gathering intel from previous years  ;) ....so my big question, is what the forecast is. Dick is our ice weatherman.

Hello, Dick! What do you think? Fishable ice in many places before the new year?

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline chemit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2023, 12:10 PM »
I figured I would let the folks who follow this page know an ice fisherman went thru the ice yesterday on Pearl Lake in Lisbon. He and another fisherman traveled up from the southern part of the state to give it a try. Guess he was ok just really cold and wet. The local fire department was called to rescue the guy. Remember to check as you go. Good luck to all this season.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2023, 02:31 PM »
I figured I would let the folks who follow this page know an ice fisherman went thru the ice yesterday on Pearl Lake in Lisbon. He and another fisherman traveled up from the southern part of the state to give it a try. Guess he was ok just really cold and wet. The local fire department was called to rescue the guy. Remember to check as you go. Good luck to all this season.

I was that guy on Streeter Pond chasing early ice a few years ago! Now I wait for more certain ice and use the time to prepare the sled.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline chemit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2023, 08:07 AM »
The temptation is hard to control when first ice arrives. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't do the same. Haha. I think people see others on social media and figure its good to go. I guess if there's a possibility of earning money or gaining a sponsor on some of the media sites then some throw the risk factor out the window. Downside is many seem to follow. Anyhow glad to see you are here to fish another day! Have a great season!

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2023, 10:46 PM »
I hope I don’t fall in tomorrow. Going for a ride

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2023, 01:43 PM »
I hope I don’t fall in tomorrow. Going for a ride

Good luck!!

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 08, 2023, 02:33 PM »
Hopefully you grew a good beard!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.