Author Topic: Gear up for walleye ice fishing this weekend  (Read 2062 times)

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
Gear up for walleye ice fishing this weekend
« on: Dec 03, 2020, 12:41 PM »
Heading out for 1st ice fishing trip for walleye, flasher, fishing rod, tackle ready, only atv not ready,,,

Offline DoctorPerch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Gear up for walleye ice fishing this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2020, 12:48 PM »
I think you need to buy some more gear! 😀. Did you find somewhere that has enough ice to support an ATV, or are you taking them just in case?  Good luck and stay safe!

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2020, 01:07 PM »
I think you need to buy some more gear! 😀. Did you find somewhere that has enough ice to support an ATV, or are you taking them just in case?  Good luck and stay safe!
there no safe ice for atv yet,,, just want to get it ready for the end of the month,, too many gear just sold lot of gear online,, clear out my fishing gear cave lolzzzzzzzzzz

Offline WesternSlopeFlyNIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2020, 04:35 PM »
i know a place with 1ft+ of ice.

good luck using an ATV west of the mountains though, too much snow

Offline Fishnskillz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2020, 05:29 PM »
Good luck! I cannot wait for my favorite lakes in wyoming to freeze  safe enough to fish. I got tons of new gear to test out and more days off this year.

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Good luck! I cannot wait for my favorite lakes in wyoming to freeze  safe enough to fish. I got tons of new gear to test out and more days off this year.
i can wait for it to froze up too,,, got garmin panoptix last year,, but sold it last week,, take livescope from boat and put it for ice fishing is lot better then panoptix,, out group got 5 set of live scope this year for ice fishing lolzzzzz

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2020, 05:53 PM »
i can wait for it to froze up too,,, got garmin panoptix last year,, but sold it last week,, take livescope from boat and put it for ice fishing is lot better then panoptix,, out group got 5 set of live scope this year for ice fishing lolzzzzz

Freekin fish won't have a chance! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline kpetro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2020, 01:57 PM »
Nice!  Any time I start to worry that I'm becoming a gear ho, all I've gotta do is look at a post like this!

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2020, 02:02 PM »
Ex Colorado native Living elsewhere now, what lakes do you ice fish walleye for? The only great walleye I would hook up on flackery out of Pueblo res. Most of all the other lakes in CO carry a 15” min for slot and I know Pueblo and one other I believe carry a 18” min ... just interested because when I was ice fishing there I was hitting 11mile, skags, terryal and antero. I was close to CS so I traveled in that region.

Also, from what I remember snow sleds and atvs access for lakes was slim or by handicap permitting? The only place I know you could drag a sled out was blue Mesa.
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2020, 04:24 PM »
What model chartplotter are you using with your Livescope?  Are you using one of Garmin's kits, or do you have info on mods for making the unit portable for ice fishing?  Just curious...
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Broll89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2020, 06:59 PM »
11 mile has tons of walleye, perch and crappie.  Everyone should go there

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2020, 07:55 PM »
What model chartplotter are you using with your Livescope?  Are you using one of Garmin's kits, or do you have info on mods for making the unit portable for ice fishing?  Just curious...
im put together 93vs monitor livescope with garmin extra large bag,, and 106sv monitor,,livescope with summits shuttle too see how much the 10” use the battery

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2020, 08:14 PM »
im put together 93vs monitor livescope with garmin extra large bag,, and 106sv monitor,,livescope with summits shuttle too see how much the 10” use the battery
Cool, those are big screens. I saw the livescope is compatible with 7” chartplotters, too.  I wonder how it would look on the smaller screens!  ??? I might set something up in the near future.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2020, 08:44 PM »
Cool, those are big screens. I saw the livescope is compatible with 7” chartplotters, too.  I wonder how it would look on the smaller screens!  ??? I might set something up in the near future.
if you spend money on livescope is 9” and bigger is better so you can share the screen with your kids,, 7 inch is a little small,, but not much more different with the cost

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:08 PM »

Here is a list of Garmin monitors that you can plug a livescope into

"Panoptix LiveScope is compatible with Garmin's GPSMAP 8400/8600 multifunction displays, GPSMAP 7400/7600, GPSMAP 10X2/12X2, GPSMAP 10X2/12X2xsv Touch and GPSMAP 7X2/9X2 series chartplotters, and the ECHOMAP Plus 7Xcv/7Xsv/9Xsv chartplotter/sonar combo series."

The livescope is not compatible with the echomap chirp 7/9 series (what I have on my boat), but the regular panoptix will plug into my 73cv so im gonna get the panoptix ice bundle to plug my 73cv monitor into
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Online Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:43 PM »
11 mile has tons of walleye, perch and crappie.  Everyone should go there
: ::) :-\ ;D

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2020, 10:10 PM »
Here is a list of Garmin monitors that you can plug a livescope into

"Panoptix LiveScope is compatible with Garmin's GPSMAP 8400/8600 multifunction displays, GPSMAP 7400/7600, GPSMAP 10X2/12X2, GPSMAP 10X2/12X2xsv Touch and GPSMAP 7X2/9X2 series chartplotters, and the ECHOMAP Plus 7Xcv/7Xsv/9Xsv chartplotter/sonar combo series."

The livescope is not compatible with the echomap chirp 7/9 series (what I have on my boat), but the regular panoptix will plug into my 73cv so im gonna get the panoptix ice bundle to plug my 73cv monitor into
Sweet, Tim!  That'll be sweet.  For me, I was thinking about the UHD 73cv Ice bundle, which comes with the monitor, bag, and a nice ice ducer.  And eventually upgrade it with the livescope system.  In the meantime, I'll have a new flasher/graph to use this season.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2020, 10:26 PM »
Sweet, Tim!  That'll be sweet.  For me, I was thinking about the UHD 73cv Ice bundle, which comes with the monitor, bag, and a nice ice ducer.  And eventually upgrade it with the livescope system.  In the meantime, I'll have a new flasher/graph to use this season.
i just sold my panoptic last week for $1100 use couple time last years,,, i try many different tranducer for garmin but livescope nothing can beat it,,, panoptic is good but you will see different,,,

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2020, 10:06 AM »
I just use the old LX-5, hang with you Livescope guys you tell me where the fish are! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.